Author Topic: Old FF8 Trailer  (Read 5593 times)

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
Old FF8 Trailer
« on: 2014-08-04 20:08:13 »
Hey look at this guys! I found an old trailer for FF8 on youtube. There's a lot of curious scenes in it  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxECQlhUhYE#t=62

Did you know it? It was rinoa to be a SeeD too? Or it wasn't the escape supposed to be in the SeeD exam?

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: Old FF8 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-04 20:45:41 »
I remember back when FF8 first came out in the official playstation magazine was a few screenshots of Rinoa on the first Seed mission in Dollet, but when the game came out this wasn't so, i have never seen the FMV version of this though so this was quite a interesting video for me (the magazine only had still screenshots), Thank you for posting this.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-04 21:43:03 »
Rinoa in Dollet, soldier instead of Quistis... Leviathan in Dollet?

Well this was a nice trailer but so much changed.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-05 02:10:31 »
Rinoa is in the PC demo during the Dollet mission. That's likely what was given to the media to take screenshots from. I never played the demo so I haven't seen those CG scenes with Rinoa in it.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-08-05 11:07:58 »
Well, here you guys have a PC demo from 2000. I share a link since it's a demo and I don't think it's illegal. If I'm doing wrong, please someone tell me and I'll delete the link

https://archive.org/details/FinalFantasyViiiDemo

It look there was two demos, the one for PSX which is the one on the video, and the PC one which is the link I've just put. In that demo you can play from the SeeD graduation party.

I didn't find (yet) the psx demo, if I do I'll post it here

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-08-05 14:17:55 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:55:54 by dkma841 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-08-05 14:21:55 »
Well, here you guys have a PC demo from 2000. I share a link since it's a demo and I don't think it's illegal. If I'm doing wrong, please someone tell me and I'll delete the link

https://archive.org/details/FinalFantasyViiiDemo

It look there was two demos, the one for PSX which is the one on the video, and the PC one which is the link I've just put. In that demo you can play from the SeeD graduation party.

I didn't find (yet) the psx demo, if I do I'll post it here

I don't think the PSX.iso would be legal, even if it is a demo.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2014-08-05 14:39:39 »
Yeah... Square released those trailers for the last anniversary I think. i also have played the demo.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-08-06 08:59:17 »

Hmmm you sure? Because it would be cool to test that old demos... Actually, Square isn't losing any money with this because they can't be bought anywhere (well you can buy them used but this doesn't report any profit to Square)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-08-06 13:19:29 »
We've had links up for the two FF7 demos in the past.  They were bundled with magazines originally if I remember right.  If this demo was also a free release , it's fine.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-08-06 13:35:08 »
We've had links up for the two FF7 demos in the past.  They were bundled with magazines originally if I remember right.  If this demo was also a free release , it's fine.
Oi, :o. That's good to know the PSX demo was quite interesting, because the battle system was quite different, with slightly dynamic positions of the enemies and a position change for the characters if they got a command.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-08-06 21:39:45 »
Hmm... I'm not pretty sure if it's legal or not so I'll point you in the right direction. There was 2 or 3 demos. Their names were SquareSoft '98 Collector's CD Vol.1 and SquareSoft '98 Collector's CD Vol.2. I don't know what the vol 3 had.
You can take a look at google :)