Author Topic: Inserting tables on a post?  (Read 3052 times)

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
Inserting tables on a post?
« on: 2014-12-02 11:00:57 »
Hi everyone. I was writing a long post and wanted to put a table on it, but since WYSIWYG editor doesn't provide a button to do it, I directly writed the code for making it. However, it's still not showing up. There's no way to show a table in this forum...?

LetCreativityPlay

• Final Fantasy FTW *_*
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/LetCreativityPlay
Re: Inserting tables on a post?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-02 17:27:00 »
What kind of table are you trying to post? Like a spreadsheet table with rows and columns?
You can always just snapshot a table elsewhere and then post it  here 8-)

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-02 19:16:49 »
What kind of table are you trying to post? Like a spreadsheet table with rows and columns?
You can always just snapshot a table elsewhere and then post it here 8-)

Hahaha, nice idea! You're honouring your nickname with your creativity xD
 But I'd prefer to write it directly here. I'm researching about the scene.out file in ff8, and wanted to make a table to indicate the offset, length and description of every field in the file, like the ones in the wiki.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-02 20:13:00 »
Well HTML is disabled for non-staff for obvious security reasons. The way it's been done in the past by some members is to just use a fixed-width font such as Courier.

Example:
Dollars    Cents
    123       89

I'll tell ya what though. I'm enabling table bbcode right now. Here's hoping I don't end up regretting it.

Example:
cell 1cell 2
cell 3 this is a long one   cell 4 here

There's no real styling to speak of, so you'll prolly wanna use colors and other formatting for clarity. Stick manual spaces at the end of things if you find the cells are too close to each other and hard to read.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-02 20:15:56 by Covarr »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-02 20:49:44 »
Well HTML is disabled for non-staff for obvious security reasons. The way it's been done in the past by some members is to just use a fixed-width font such as Courier.

Example:
Dollars    Cents
    123       89

I'll tell ya what though. I'm enabling table bbcode right now. Here's hoping I don't end up regretting it.

Example:
cell 1cell 2
cell 3 this is a long one   cell 4 here

There's no real styling to speak of, so you'll prolly wanna use colors and other formatting for clarity. Stick manual spaces at the end of things if you find the cells are too close to each other and hard to read.

Thanks Covarr, as kind as always. And don't worry, I'll be a good boy and you won't regret it ;D
I'll publish my research when I finish it, for now I'm writing it on a plain text file since I can't save a draft of my thread.

Thanks again Covarr :D