Author Topic: Continuing the whole "I ruined my own laptop" thing...  (Read 6213 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Well yeah, No more off-topicness in here. Not that it's an interesting topic of discussion, mind.
Big thanks to Bosola for pointing me in the direction of RECUVA - With this program, I'm managing to get back most of my stuff. I've already recovered Junon - In full working order, apparently. :D

Anyone recognise this file? :D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Continuing the whole "I ruined my own laptop" thing...
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-09 15:50:56 »
is that my modelling tut?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-09 16:14:57 »
yup, it is :P

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-09 18:32:52 »
Yeah, it was on my hard drive when i wiped it :P

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-09 19:06:24 »
Slight update - The "Junon" it recovered was actually a version from ages ago - It's useless to me, I have a better one backed up. Plus, the Guard scorpion model it retrieved was too corrupted for max to load. All I got was the stupid SOLDIER model I made ages ago...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-09 20:05:51 »
QQ

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-09 20:29:11 »
hey, look on the bright side... at least your house wasn't broken into and your entire laptop was taken... and your desktop was down so you didn't have backups of anything!
yup...at least that did not happen to you...too.

lee

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-09 21:14:44 »
i know im a bit late to the party but you could have done this from an ubuntu live cd.. you only need to mount your ntfs drive and copy the data to another drive. still happy to see you got your data back i hate to lose data.. , btw what kind of mac do u have ?
really pyrozen , they stole your tizzy.. thats when i would go into hunt down and destroy mode .it is after all what us sith are known for, and for a good reason.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-09 21:56:51 »
i know im a bit late to the party but you could have done this from an ubuntu live cd.. you only need to mount your ntfs drive and copy the data to another drive. still happy to see you got your data back i hate to lose data.. , btw what kind of mac do u have ?
really pyrozen , they stole your tizzy.. thats when i would go into hunt down and destroy mode .it is after all what us sith are known for, and for a good reason.

I already told him that :p

Not like he listens to me.... :p

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-09 22:23:14 »
Quote from: NCS
Well yeah, No more off-topicness in here. Not that it's an interesting topic of discussion, mind.
Big thanks to Bosola for pointing me in the direction of RECUVA - With this program, I'm managing to get back most of my stuff. I've already recovered Junon - In full working order, apparently.

Hey, I'm happy to help. RECUVA may find another, younger copy of Junon too, though there's a chance the file was obliterated.

He doesn't have a mac. He had a PC, then applied PC EFI to his Windoze partition, apparently corrupting it. LiveCD would have been my own initial reaction, but by the time I 'found' him, he'd already reformatted the Windows partition. Recuva seemed the next obvious choice.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-09 22:28:16 by Bosola »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-09 22:29:54 »
oh well u see thats what i get for only reading some of the other post , shame on me...

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-10 00:10:43 »
Actually, I did try Ubuntu before I wiped the partition. It mounted fine, And apparently it was completely uncorrupted. But when I took a look inside, it was like it was a clean install of vista. No personal files whatsoever. It was actually really weird.
hey, look on the bright side... at least your house wasn't broken into and your entire laptop was taken... and your desktop was down so you didn't have backups of anything!

lee
Yeah, that really sucks D:

EDIT: Junon is forever lost.
Additionally, the .lnk file that once linked to it IS recoverable, and what's more, it's exactly 666 bytes large. I am cursed.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-10 00:58:28 by NCS »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-04-10 03:17:43 »
Well, now that you've had your practice run on junon, im sure your next one will be twice as great.  :mrgreen:

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: 2010-04-10 11:22:39 »
Definately. There were so many things wrong with the old junon it's not even funny, Plus, I modelled it thinking i could texture the whole thing with a single untiled diffuse texture. The recent changes I made to it made it compatible for proper texturing, but those are lost now. So I may as well pretty much start again.

EDIT: Looks like I'm not gonna even have the choice to keep using the old one. This is my backup.
I don't even remember saving it there, and it's not where I thought it was o.O ...Stupid destiny...
« Last Edit: 2010-04-10 11:31:52 by NCS »

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #14 on: 2010-04-16 05:44:53 »

lee

I hate when that happens...