Author Topic: FMVs  (Read 7067 times)

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
FMVs
« on: 2006-12-21 23:07:24 »
Hmmm...since this is a technical kind of forum, I decided to ask here. Has anyone ever found a way of getting the FMVs out of Shadow Hearts: Covenant or even perhaps Dirge of Cerberus? You see, I do music videos, but unless I can get the FMVs, I'm sorta out of luck for doing one. I just have tried everything I can think of to get them out and come up with nothing. So on the infinitesimal chance that someone here knows a new way I can try, I thought I'd ask.   

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Re: FMVs
« Reply #1 on: 2006-12-21 23:42:27 »
No offense, but even if I did know, I wouldnt tell you, I detest the pointles "music videos" on places like youtube which some little kid has made on Windows Movie Maker that poorly mashes up crap metal music like linkin park with anime and game videos. 

Pisses me off to no end I say.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Im one of the...Less cheery members of the forums.

Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2006-12-22 00:14:11 »

Oh, Sen-chan, don't mind him. He is always like that, just like he said. :)

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-12-22 00:19:04 »
...okay...that's a nice way of putting a damper on someone's mood. I think I shall ride right past that post. That's a rather...cute picture, Jari, though I'm definitely more a dog fan. I have an adorable German Shepherd puppy that is 1 and a half years old and he is just the cutest thing ever XDD

Oops, got off track. Anyway, Jari, if you have any ideas, feel free to let me know.

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2006-12-22 00:25:13 »
Well, I did mean the kitten for James, to cheer him up. :)

Really, don't mind him too much. He's a nice person. As long as you don't touch his metal. :)

As for ideas, sorry, nope. Never even tried. :|

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-12-22 00:27:06 »
Awww, oh well. I don't expect there really is a way to access them from the game code itself, but I thought I'd ask.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-12-22 00:34:37 »
Appologies.

As Jari said, there are certain things that really annoy me.

Jari. I see your Cat, and raise you an invisible sandwich

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-12-22 07:16:17 »
No offense, but even if I did know, I wouldnt tell you, I detest the pointles "music videos" on places like youtube which some little kid has made on Windows Movie Maker that poorly mashes up crap metal music like linkin park with anime and game videos. 

Pisses me off to no end I say.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Im one of the...Less cheery members of the forums.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iiIMTsRSovk

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-12-22 08:44:09 »
Im not even going to click that, because I know you're going to be a cockend and post one.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-12-22 11:55:06 »
Suit yourself, great Castlevania Metal though.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #10 on: 2006-12-22 16:54:35 »
... you could always just use a VCR.
Or that method, anyway.

I'm sure there is a PC Card you can buy that will allow you to record stuff directly from the signal that goes to your TV. I know you can connect a VCR in between the PS2 and the TV and record stuff that way. I'm sure there is an card you can buy that will allow you to place the PC between the PS2 and TV. Just need a PCI card that has a TV input. Actually, you don't even need an output. PC should do the rest. They used to sell PCI-TV tuners...I believe. I remember them, anyway... bet that would work.
« Last Edit: 2006-12-22 17:06:36 by Threesixty »

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-12-22 18:21:06 »
Hmm...yes, I have a computer set up in the living room next to the TV that will allow me to capture that, but I wanted to see if it was possible to rip them from the game first before going to that step. Just in case.

Leiw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-12-24 12:23:11 »
try the program CubeMediaPlayer

it can open a lot of ps1/ps2 files and you can choose which one to extract

however you will get raw fformats which you will have to convert into sth playable

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-12-24 21:49:58 »
Someone I know also suggested that and unfortunately, I have to say, that also does not work.