Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704352 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #450 on: 2009-05-28 13:54:30 »
Discussion of PrC (my new abbreviation of Proud Clod to prevent it from sharing one with PC) has been moved here. It's getting too cluttered in here for two program's to be discussed in the same thread. This should now only contain WallMarket-related questions/comments/bug reports.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2009-05-28 14:08:20 »
i know it'd be better, and i do plan on giving enemies life, but i'd like some enemies have an auto-life status under certain circumstances... and i did it, but the enemy is invisible (death animation happened, and stayed that way XD). gonna see if it will be visible by setting it to be visible, else i will put it in the post attack ai (found out it was an error on my part... still learning :-P).

thanks... i didn't know that my ideas were this good. if it helps, that is great, since the more ideas that are out there, the better the hacks can become :evil:. if you want to see some of my code as an example tell me and i will put some up here for reference.

also, nfitc1, it'd be nice if there were a copy/paste feature available for the ai editing, since it isn't fun to have to re-type long pieces of code when moving it around >_>.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2009-05-30 11:55:31 »
WallMarket's Attack tab -> Status Attack "Change: X / 63" value is a bit confusing
Percentual change is actually 4x value and 63 is just biggest allowed value.

For example
Death
11 / 63 [44% change inflicting Death]
Slow
25 / 63 [100% change inflicting slow]
Remove
63 / 63 [252% change killing enemies, hits allways since propability can't decrease under 100% even with Quadra Magic]

I'm not saying there's any bugs or problems in this program. I was only confused for a few minutes when I scrolled through some status inflicting changes and couldn't figure out how could 11/63 be 0.44
Then I remembered orginal HEX values 01-3F (h19 being 100%)

EDIT:
Question

Is it possible to change Additional Effects in any way?
Particularly
15 Raises base damage and defense by (100 - [])%([] not to exceed 200)
- Raises Att Mod, MAt Mod, Def Mod and MDf Mod by X
  (Hero Drink +30%)
1C Raises base damage and defense by (100 - [])%([] not to exceed 200)
- Def Mod and MDf Mod by X
  (Dragon Force +50%)

I'd like to remove Def Mod and MDf Mod completely because immortality isn't fun. Change them to Att Mod and MAt Mod because boosted damage is fun at times.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 12:15:32 by warbaque »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #453 on: 2009-05-30 15:47:30 »
WallMarket's Attack tab -> Status Attack "Change: X / 63" value is a bit confusing
Percentual change is actually 4x value and 63 is just biggest allowed value.

For example
Death
Slow
Remove
63 / 63 [252% change killing enemies, hits allways since propability can't decrease under 100% even with Quadra Magic]

I'm not saying there's any bugs or problems in this program. I was only confused for a few minutes when I scrolled through some status inflicting changes and couldn't figure out how could 11/63 be 0.44
Then I remembered orginal HEX values 01-3F (h19 being 100%)

No...the chances just are out of 63. 11/63 ~ 17.5% chance. So 63/63 is 100%. It should all be in the helpfile, but it's been a while since I've looked at that.

EDIT:
Question

Is it possible to change Additional Effects in any way?
Particularly
15 Raises base damage and defense by (100 - [])%([] not to exceed 200)
- Raises Att Mod, MAt Mod, Def Mod and MDf Mod by X
  (Hero Drink +30%)
1C Raises base damage and defense by (100 - [])%([] not to exceed 200)
- Def Mod and MDf Mod by X
  (Dragon Force +50%)

I'd like to remove Def Mod and MDf Mod completely because immortality isn't fun. Change them to Att Mod and MAt Mod because boosted damage is fun at times.

Not by editing the KERNEL. You'll have to change the way it's handled in the game.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2009-05-30 19:20:14 »
No...the chances just are out of 63. 11/63 ~ 17.5% chance. So 63/63 is 100%. It should all be in the helpfile, but it's been a while since I've looked at that.

I'm allmost 100% sure that values I posted earlier are correct
Death
Slow
Remove

Remember that if you couldn't have change higher than 100% spells like Esuna and similar spells would fail quite often when used with All- or Quadra-Magic -materia

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #455 on: 2009-05-30 23:59:45 »

I'm allmost 100% sure that values I posted earlier are correct
Death
Slow
Remove

Remember that if you couldn't have change higher than 100% spells like Esuna and similar spells would fail quite often when used with All- or Quadra-Magic -materia

What I had here before was a little cheeky so I'll give you a better answer and if you read it before I'm sorry. If you didn't read it, don't worry about it. ;)

That Chance/63 is the chance to inflict the status. That is a chance out of 63 (this 11/63 ~ 17.5% chance to inflict IF THE ATTACK HITS using the mathematical 100% probability scale). The chance that the attack actually hitting the target is reflected in the Attack% and THAT is out of 255. I believe we had a misunderstanding before, but this is correct.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31 00:14:28 by NFITC1 »

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2009-05-31 07:30:02 »
What I had here before was a little cheeky so I'll give you a better answer and if you read it before I'm sorry. If you didn't read it, don't worry about it. ;)

That Chance/63 is the chance to inflict the status. That is a chance out of 63 (this 11/63 ~ 17.5% chance to inflict IF THE ATTACK HITS using the mathematical 100% probability scale). The chance that the attack actually hitting the target is reflected in the Attack% and THAT is out of 255. I believe we had a misunderstanding before, but this is correct.
I didn't confuse status inflict change with attack%
What I meant that 25/63=100% inflict status before modifications and 63/63=Allways 100%
Example
Slow
Attack Status: Slow, Change 25/63
inflicts slow 100% of the time without mods
inflicts slow 67% of the time when used with all materia
Haste
Attack Status: Haste, Change 63/63
inflicts Haste 100% of the time without mods
inflicts Haste 100% of the time when used with all materia

I remember mostly the orginal hex values
00-19 (0%-100%)
19-3F (100%-inflict status allways(252%))
7F Toggle status
I don't remember all values since it's been about year a two since the last time played around with hex-editor.

But I'm 100% sure that Slow has 100% change inflicting status (25/25) and not ~40% (25/63)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31 07:45:03 by warbaque »

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2009-05-31 17:32:10 »
warbaque is correct. I once added a status to an enemy's physical attack, and wanted it to trigger about half the time. So I put '30' in the accuracy field, but in game, the status would always work. It was when I put 12 or 13 in the accuracy field, that the status finally had ~50% chance to take effect.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #458 on: 2009-05-31 19:44:35 »

I didn't confuse status inflict change with attack%
What I meant that 25/63=100% inflict status before modifications and 63/63=Allways 100%
Example
Slow
Attack Status: Slow, Change 25/63
inflicts slow 100% of the time without mods
inflicts slow 67% of the time when used with all materia
Haste
Attack Status: Haste, Change 63/63
inflicts Haste 100% of the time without mods
inflicts Haste 100% of the time when used with all materia

I remember mostly the orginal hex values
00-19 (0%-100%)
19-3F (100%-inflict status allways(252%))
7F Toggle status
I don't remember all values since it's been about year a two since the last time played around with hex-editor.

But I'm 100% sure that Slow has 100% change inflicting status (25/25) and not ~40% (25/63)

Huh. Now that I'm looking at Haste and Slow I'm seeing that there's a difference. Haste does always work on everyone and it's 63/63. So do you think that the "/63" label should read "* 4 (%)" or something? I was assuming it was out of 63 because Toad and Mini are 18 and they don't seem to work 72% of the time.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2009-05-31 20:50:11 »
Huh. Now that I'm looking at Haste and Slow I'm seeing that there's a difference. Haste does always work on everyone and it's 63/63. So do you think that the "/63" label should read "* 4 (%)" or something? I was assuming it was out of 63 because Toad and Mini are 18 and they don't seem to work 72% of the time.
I think good label would be "/63 [automatically calculated % value next to it]" so you would know exact change% and it would also show the maximum allowed value. Not that there's a big difference what some label reads as long as I can edit value easily.

By the way. Do enemies use kernel.bin spell data or do they have have their own custom spells in scene.bin?
For example if I wanted to change Fire3 do ice-elemental damage would it be enough to change it only in kernel.bin or would I need to edit tens or hundreds Fire3 entrys in every enemys personal attack data?

If it is the latter, like it most likely is, is there any fast way/trick to copy-paste changes made into Fire3 to all attack datas?

And third and last question. You mentioned at some point about co-operating with Squal78, the creator of Hojo enemy editor. Did you get any reply? I wouldn't mind seeing an ultimate scene.bin editor.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2009-05-31 22:55:07 »
By the way. Do enemies use kernel.bin spell data or do they have have their own custom spells in scene.bin?
For example if I wanted to change Fire3 do ice-elemental damage would it be enough to change it only in kernel.bin or would I need to edit tens or hundreds Fire3 entrys in every enemys personal attack data?

They use the Kernel.bin data, so you only need to edit Fire3 once. The "kernel" magics listed in the Scene files are completely useless.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-31 22:56:47 by Armorvil »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #461 on: 2009-06-01 01:16:14 »
I think good label would be "/63 [automatically calculated % value next to it]" so you would know exact change% and it would also show the maximum allowed value. Not that there's a big difference what some label reads as long as I can edit value easily.

I'll look into it.

And third and last question. You mentioned at some point about co-operating with Squal78, the creator of Hojo enemy editor. Did you get any reply? I wouldn't mind seeing an ultimate scene.bin editor.

I was really just wanting to add an attack editor to Hojo so I wouldn't have to create Heidegger....Obviously he didn't get back to me. :) I'd still like to collaborate though since I don't want his efforts to be in vain.

They use the Kernel.bin data, so you only need to edit Fire3 once. The "kernel" magics listed in the Scene files are completely useless.

Not true. Consider the Adamantaimai. He doesn't have the data for Cure in his scene, but if you Barrier/MBarrier him before his first attack you get a Scene error. This isn't true if his animation isn't set. In that case, nothing happens. Everyone just goes into a coma rather than flashing "SCENE ERROR; CONTACT STAFF". They need the data in their scenes, although I agree it's pointless.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2009-06-01 02:11:44 »
Found a minor error under the accessories tab.  Fury Ring causes Berserk, not Fury.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2009-06-01 06:04:54 »
This is an amazing program....

How long did it take the author (if they are around)  to make it I wonder....

The GUI is always the part I hate.....that must have took ages too.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2009-06-01 08:15:34 »
The author is NFITC1, "Master of the KERNELS".  Worship him!

Yeah, this project has been around since last October, I think.  It's latest update was pretty recent, but it came sooner than the estimated date, which was the 4th of July.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2009-06-01 08:24:06 »
NFITC1.  You are a genius.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #466 on: 2009-06-01 13:03:47 »
NFITC1.  You are a genius.

I quite agree. :)

Yeah, this project has been around since last October, I think.  It's latest update was pretty recent, but it came sooner than the estimated date, which was the 4th of July.

I started it September 25 back in '08 and the first public release was on October 8. Since then I've updated it, probably 30+ times. The July 4th thing was more like a promise that the current update (that allows character AI editing) would really come. It wasn't a true representation of when I thought it would get done. :)
It's actually a little wrong in the current version and Proud Clod is better at the Scripts because I'm willing to wager that more people would rather update the enemy AI over the character AI.

Found a minor error under the accessories tab.  Fury Ring causes Berserk, not Fury.

Dang. I hate little things like this showing up! This must have been around since 1.0 since I haven't touched that box since it was created. This may have even existed back in the 0.9.x versions. :( Anyway, just work with it for now since it doesn't affect anything else. I'll have it changed in the next version.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2009-06-01 14:06:20 »
How can I edit Item/Attack/etc descriptions? And is it possible to edit other limit breaks?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2009-06-01 23:07:46 »
Do you have the PC version?

With the PC version, names and descriptions are stored in kernel2.bin, while the Limit Breaks are split between the kernel.bin and the executable.  I'm not sure where the Limit Breaks are in the exe, but I think it was mentioned on page 2 of this thread.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2009-06-01 23:09:38 »
I'm not sure where the Limit Breaks are in the exe, but I think it was mentioned on page 2 of this thread.

Yep  :wink:

See my post here.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2009-06-01 23:16:48 »
Thank you so much for that, by the way!

Any chance their location might change if I apply patches to the executable?  (For instance, Higher Resolution and YAMP)

Anno999999

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2009-06-02 00:33:10 »
:/ cant get this running with vista, i run as admin with xp compatibility mode. Any other ideas?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2009-06-02 07:42:11 »
Thank you so much for that, by the way!

Any chance their location might change if I apply patches to the executable?  (For instance, Higher Resolution and YAMP)

I don't think that YAMP changes very much in the .exe (which might be why it's compatible with so many other mods), so I don't think it will change the location of the limit break attack data. In any case, I was using YAMP when I found those values ;-)

I can't really speak for the hi-res patch, since I've never used it, but it's possible AFAIK. However, there's no need for the high-res patch now that there's a custom graphics driver.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2009-06-02 17:40:08 »
:/ cant get this running with vista, i run as admin with xp compatibility mode. Any other ideas?

make sure run as an administrator is ticked under compatibility.

In other news:  BUG report: (I am using Vista x64 SP2)

1.  Summon attack names for PC are locked by accident.  The only way to unlock them is to click on PSX, then tick the update text box and then go back to PC tab.  (it is simply that the "update text box" is unintentionally greyed out in PC options.

2.  Unhandled exception when clicking "initial data"  tab

3.  50% of the time, the program fails to open properly.  It gets stuck before giving you the option of opening kernel.bin

4.  Missing Summon battle names:  Gunge Lance (odin's second attack), fat chocobo (choco/mog second attack),

5.  Attack tab:  Multiple duplicates of Limit breaks, especially Caits.  Caits move which damages the party seems to be absent.

caits limits:  Dice, Slots, Mog dance, Toy Soldier, Summon, transformation, Lucky girl, death to all (unknown if this is the name, death to all party), Game over (death to all opponents)  and possibly "toy box"

« Last Edit: 2009-06-02 17:49:16 by Seifer Almasy »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2009-06-02 23:11:56 »
Gunge Lance and Fat-Chocobo are under the attacks tab.  I think they come right after Enemy Skills (I don't have WM handy right now).

Cait Sith's "death to all" Limit Break is Death Joker, and it is there along with all the others including Toy Box.

In the PC version, all of the duplicate Limit Breaks are greyed out because they are not actually in the kernel.  As for why there are duplicate Limit Breaks in the first place, I'm not entirely sure...