Author Topic: Emerald/Ruby Weapon Mod Advice  (Read 2094 times)

blaket81

• View Profile
Emerald/Ruby Weapon Mod Advice
« on: 2018-07-08 16:09:12 »
Hi all, I'm fairly new to Qhimm and modding FF7. Have been playing FF7 since the beginning (was 17 when it released).  I only started modding a month ago though. I have everything running smoothly, but would just like some advice on if there's a way to use mods to make Emerald and Ruby easier.  I have the "difficulty and story" mod activated but they all seem to make the game harder not easier.  While I agree it is on the easier side, I actually like games that way.  I've tried fighting the Emerald weapon a few times with simply the invincibility mod turned on and my patience wears out.  I think I read somewhere that it has 1,000,000 HP, so just having invincibility turned on is not enough because it will take forever to slowly carve that down (I don't have Knights of the Round).  I also have to fight it with almost no materia because its big attack damages us and heals itself based on amount of materia equipped, so I am trying to widdle down 1,000,000 with simply physical attacks.  To make a long story short (too late) are there any mods (or a combination) that make fighting Emerald and Ruby easier?

blaket81

• View Profile
Re: Emerald/Ruby Weapon Mod Advice
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-08 17:24:51 »
Thank you so much DLPB, your ochu is a Godsend!  It's all GUI so an idiot like me that knows nothing about programming/code can use it.  This actually solves my dilemma without needing to defeat Emerald weapon because I was just trying to get the master magic, etc. and the all materia mod gives it to me. Then again i could just reduce his HP to next to nothing and defeat with one hit.  Possibilities across the board are endless.  I am actually in IT by profession but am on the infrastructure side which to me is easier than the application/programming side.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 2018-07-08 17:41:59 by blaket81 »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Re: Emerald/Ruby Weapon Mod Advice
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-19 05:55:35 »
Hi all, I'm fairly new to Qhimm and modding FF7. Have been playing FF7 since the beginning (was 17 when it released).  I only started modding a month ago though. I have everything running smoothly, but would just like some advice on if there's a way to use mods to make Emerald and Ruby easier.  I have the "difficulty and story" mod activated but they all seem to make the game harder not easier.  While I agree it is on the easier side, I actually like games that way.  I've tried fighting the Emerald weapon a few times with simply the invincibility mod turned on and my patience wears out.  I think I read somewhere that it has 1,000,000 HP, so just having invincibility turned on is not enough because it will take forever to slowly carve that down (I don't have Knights of the Round).  I also have to fight it with almost no materia because its big attack damages us and heals itself based on amount of materia equipped, so I am trying to widdle down 1,000,000 with simply physical attacks.  To make a long story short (too late) are there any mods (or a combination) that make fighting Emerald and Ruby easier?
maybe Lucky 7 would help you, perhaps could even mod Max Hp to be 7777 so it happens easily...?
also you know about Counter Materia Stacks + Mime etc making for some interesting occurrences...