Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000610 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.1]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #425 on: 2011-07-18 23:21:54 »
Bug.

In my save, when I give Aerith all of the limit breaks (check all boxes) and save, the game does indeed reflect that when I play it, however, when loading the same save again, BC has reset all the check boxes to off position,
noted and fixed for 1.9.2

perfectmaster

« Reply #426 on: 2011-07-21 22:43:20 »
Hello, I just used your software, which is quite good by the way ! I'm impressed. But still too buggy  >:(

I loaded my save from the version 1.91 and saved it, i didn't change anything. And in the game, i lost the limits LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 4 of all of characters... >:( :| >:( BUT I can still use them (they were Set on LEVEL 4, in the limit menu, they are like black listed...

hope you will fix it soon ! ;)

PS: it didn't happend when i used the version 1.9.0 ;)

cheers and thanks

EDIT:
I noticed when you load a save (from your saves or even mine) and you see Cloud limits normally. You select another character and then go back to Cloud (didn't try the others) and all the limit break disapeared. Still in 1.9.1

EDIT2:
When i use barret limit 4, in the screen i got a big large red panel (same color as limit break screen), totally buggy... So i would suggest to NOT USE 1.9.1 VERSION, wait for a fix.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-21 23:22:42 by perfectmaster »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #427 on: 2011-07-22 12:13:54 »
Hello, I just used your software, which is quite good by the way ! I'm impressed. But still too buggy  >:(
really with ONE bug :P?

I loaded my save from the version 1.91 and saved it, i didn't change anything. And in the game, i lost the limits LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 4 of all of characters... >:( :| >:( BUT I can still use them (they were Set on LEVEL 4, in the limit menu, they are like black listed...

hope you will fix it soon ! ;)
Yes this is fixed if you need to you can compile from the svn trunk to use the fixed version.

PS: it didn't happend when i used the version 1.9.0 ;)
no because it has to do with how i implimented the "Exp <-> LVL " stuff one misplaced break stoped it from showing the limits as checked, they should still work in game.

EDIT2:
When i use barret limit 4, in the screen i got a big large red panel (same color as limit break screen), totally buggy... So i would suggest to NOT USE 1.9.1 VERSION, wait for a fix.
i'll lookin to that but seams like a problem w/ your game do u have any mods installed? (not counting TA or aali's driver)
« Last Edit: 2011-07-22 12:22:32 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #428 on: 2011-07-23 21:06:32 »
As Of Today (SVN Rev 463) With Black Chocobo You Can Write to EVERY BYTE OF THE SAVEGAME.

New: Users can edit the INT Column Of Unknown Vars Table (entries should be made in INT Format).

1.9.2 IS Released See the first post for links
« Last Edit: 2011-07-24 03:34:05 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.2]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #429 on: 2011-07-24 03:46:46 »
EDIT::SEE FIRST PAGE FOR LINKS
« Last Edit: 2011-07-24 13:49:51 by sithlord48 »

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2011-07-24 04:43:02 »
Faaaaantastic.  Thank you very much!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #431 on: 2011-07-24 15:38:55 »
hehe got my android SDk working.. so the next version just might include a version on the android market as well :D

Seebass616

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2011-07-29 18:24:49 »
is there any way you can give us an "all materia in inventory"/"all items in bag" option? its kind of annoying having to pick every item/materia individually
« Last Edit: 2011-07-29 18:26:39 by Seebass616 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #433 on: 2011-07-31 14:09:23 »
is there any way you can give us an "all materia in inventory"/"all items in bag" option? its kind of annoying having to pick every item/materia individually
The Add Item to bag button is there already (v1.9.1+ iirc)

Current Change Log for next version
  • New: Reload File (F5) For those who play and look at changes (mainly me)
  • New: Field Location: Chocobo Ranch
  • New: Fix PAL PSX time bug (under options)
  • New: Chocobo "Unable To Mate" Editable (just born or just mated)
  • New: Toggle Chocobo Stable Occupied (no long need to edit them in order
  • New: Added One of each Mastered Materia To materia stash (will remove all others)
  • Moved: Remove all materia button to Materia Tab
  • Fixed: Chocobo Names editable again
  • Fixed: Dialogs Inherate Sytle From Mainwindow
  • Fixed: use the slot selection dialog action (instead making them on the fly)
  • Fixed: Materia Skills no longer contain "mastered"
  • Updated: Some Internal Changes that you shouldn't notice

thats it so far, any other suggestions?

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2011-07-31 19:59:22 »
Would it be difficult to include a field location for the Highwind's operation room? I'm guessing it would require also establishing where the Highwind is located.

Other ideas:
- Some guidelines to the Game Progress modifier to help indicate what number value corresponds to what missions. Or at least some "Replay mission" missions from discs 2 and 3.
- A "played Tifa's piano" toggle in Other, establishing whether or not you played the proper melody in the flashback to earn her limit break in disc 2. Unless I'm misinformed and it doesn't actually matter if you've ever played the piano before in order to get that item.
- Checking and unchecking Sephiroth or Young Cloud should automatically change the names to and from Vincent and Cait Sith, or whatever the player has named them. I've also seen it retain equipment (and maybe stats, but I'm not sure of that) from Seph or Cloud after unchecking them.
- A "None" option under the character's equipped accessory.

Seebass616

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2011-07-31 20:03:49 »
The Add Item to bag button is there already (v1.9.1+ iirc)

Current Change Log for next version
  • New: Reload File (F5) For those who play and look at changes (mainly me)
  • New: Field Location: Chocobo Ranch
  • New: Fix PAL PSX time bug (under options)
  • New: Chocobo "Unable To Mate" Editable (just born or just mated)
  • New: Toggle Chocobo Stable Occupied (no long need to edit them in order
  • New: Added One of each Mastered Materia To materia stash (will remove all others)
  • Moved: Remove all materia button to Materia Tab
  • Fixed: Chocobo Names editable again
  • Fixed: Dialogs Inherate Sytle From Mainwindow
  • Fixed: use the slot selection dialog action (instead making them on the fly)
  • Fixed: Materia Skills no longer contain "mastered"
  • Updated: Some Internal Changes that you shouldn't notice

thats it so far, any other suggestions?

thanks. i guess i hadnt really played around with 1.9.1 too much.

but i know that sephiroth/young cloud only work if they have the correct settings/stats. is there any way you can make it so whenever you select them that the settings will change to make them usable? Or can you tell me when to change to make them work? Because every time i try and use sephiroth, it doesnt work.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #436 on: 2011-07-31 20:34:54 »
Would it be difficult to include a field location for the Highwind's operation room? I'm guessing it would require also establishing where the Highwind is located.
This should be ez to add.(done!)  this would have nothing to do with if you have or where the highwind is.
Other ideas:
- Some guidelines to the Game Progress modifier to help indicate what number value corresponds to what missions. Or at least some "Replay mission" missions from discs 2 and 3.
- A "played Tifa's piano" toggle in Other, establishing whether or not you played the proper melody in the flashback to earn her limit break in disc 2. Unless I'm misinformed and it doesn't actually matter if you've ever played the piano before in order to get that item.
not enuff is known  if people start reporting what they find w/ bC (using the unknown vars or by noteing that the vars are set to..) this would happen much faster...
- Checking and unchecking Sephiroth or Young Cloud should automatically change the names to and from Vincent and Cait Sith, or whatever the player has named them. I've also seen it retain equipment (and maybe stats, but I'm not sure of that) from Seph or Cloud after unchecking them.
they are only fully changed if you select  the clouds flashback replay. otherwise your expected to set these if you care.
- A "None" option under the character's equipped accessory.
i've thought of this before just ever gotten around to doing it. (done!)

thanks. i guess i hadnt really played around with 1.9.1 too much.
but i know that sephiroth/young cloud only work if they have the correct settings/stats. is there any way you can make it so whenever you select them that the settings will change to make them usable? Or can you tell me when to change to make them work? Because every time i try and use sephiroth, it doesnt work.
you can export y.cloud and sephiroth from a "new game" and import them into your game using the "import/export char" feature. just be sure the char you want to overwrite is selected when you import/export. they should also work if you toggle the id's for them  sephiroth might also need to be named "sephiroth" the easiest way is to save a copy of the char file you want and import. also just because you change a chars id to someone else doesn't mean its going to work in game. id swaping only works w/ cait <-> y.cloud and vincent <-> sephiroth
« Last Edit: 2011-08-05 18:08:24 by sithlord48 »

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2011-08-05 16:12:04 »
1. Why are maxed chocobo stats still lower than champion Joe's?
2. When I clear a save slot, instead of an empty slot it creates one with all zero values, a party of three Clouds, and an all-black background (I'm using the default blue gradient). If necessary, I can provide pictures when I get home.
3. A system to manipulate the number of Battle Points a player has earned, like the GP system, would be nice, but I guess not particularly helpful until someone makes a patch that retains those points after leaving the arena.
4. A little control over the random rewards of chocobo races would also be great, but that's probably not within the realm of a save editor so much as a kernel editor or something.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2011-08-05 17:02:34 »
1 - Joe's stats are ALWAYS higher than yours
2 - That's how it works
3 - Use kranmer's trainer
4 - Not in sithlord's domain

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #439 on: 2011-08-05 18:07:08 »
1. Why are maxed chocobo stats still lower than champion Joe's?
This is how the game works. the stats saved and shown in bc are the "raw" stats, there is some math applied to them to make the numbers you see in the races (stat= raw/10)
2. When I clear a save slot, instead of an empty slot it creates one with all zero values, a party of three Clouds, and an all-black background (I'm using the default blue gradient). If necessary, I can provide pictures when I get home.
Empty saves  are all 0's.when you create a new game it swaps in the "default" map from the kernel and most of it is still 0's.
3. A system to manipulate the number of Battle Points a player has earned, like the GP system, would be nice, but I guess not particularly helpful until someone makes a patch that retains those points after leaving the arena.
points from the battle areina are not saved in in the savemap. you can just give yourself the items you wanted to buy with them instead.
4. A little control over the random rewards of chocobo races would also be great, but that's probably not within the realm of a save editor so much as a kernel editor or something.
Not in the save map at all. this would need to be done via a kernel mod. and again you can just give yourself the items your tring to win.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2011-08-06 12:30:29 »
How do i get gold chocobo when using this? I desperately need it thanks!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #441 on: 2011-08-06 14:12:05 »
How do i get gold chocobo when using this? I desperately need it thanks!
goto chocobo tab, be sure you have at least one stable owned and one stable occupied, then in the first stable change the chocobo's type to gold.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2011-08-07 13:27:09 »
Ok works now thanks alot  :) by the way how come when i put in sephiroth i cant load a saved game the screen just goes black anyways great editor :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #443 on: 2011-08-08 12:14:36 »
Ok works now thanks alot  :) by the way how come when i put in sephiroth i cant load a saved game the screen just goes black anyways great editor :)

dont' know because you prolly screwed something else up,sephiroth works just fine everytime i have tried to use him. go visit the user manual . and when u find it lacking put some notes here, either myself of eslava will be updating the user manual soon.

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2011-08-12 01:27:04 »
In the process of finding out every value of the savemap, I'm playing through the game making all the possible combinations. For example, between a save point A and B there are two chests and an item, I make it first taking nothing, then one chest, then another chest and so on until the last save is taking everything.
That way is easier to know which values change what by comparison.
I'm posting here the saves so anyone who wants can lend a hand and start finding out values while I do the playthrough. Right now I'm starting to raid the Shinra HQ.

About the playthrough:
Used blackchocobo to put Cloud at level 99 with max stats so i can go faster.
Changed the text speed.
Changed the key mapping.
Turned the field help on (In some saves its off).
Didn't use hacks (yet) to make saves where the game doesn't let you.
The version of the game is the spanish one so the names of the save locations will appear in spanish

About the information:
Saves in green are completed.
Saves in orange may need a save hack due to long scenes taking place.
Saves written in bold letters are saves corresponding to the main path. Saves inbetween the bold ones are just combinations that don't progress further.
Saves in blue dont follow the linear progression of the game.
Saves in red are mistakes and don't count.

Saves can be downloaded HERE (part 1) and HERE (part 2)
Information about the saves can be found HERE

Any help is appreciated :)

EDIT: Finished Midgar, updated the links with the latest saves.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-14 16:10:22 by Eslava »

aito

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2011-08-19 18:31:50 »
It don't work for psp save date it says:
This File Does Not Have An Updated Checksum.It will not work on your PSP.
 Pls help, how gonna i fix the problem?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2011-08-19 18:37:09 »
Wait for sithlord48 to release a version of Black Chocobo that allows updating the checksum. This is not now. Be patient, it will come out when it will come out.

Short version : Nothing

aito

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2011-08-19 18:39:35 »
Ok thx.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #448 on: 2011-08-19 19:43:19 »
It don't work for psp save date it says:
This File Does Not Have An Updated Checksum.It will not work on your PSP.
 Pls help, how gonna i fix the problem?

the checksum algurithum has to be cracked this applys to both the psp and ps3 saves types. when the respective communites crack those algurithums ill impelment them. untill that happens you can only do this with Custom Firmware (PSP) or using my workaround for the ps3/psp for more info see the FAQ on the Black Chocobo wiki.

On a side Note I have been slowly working on 1.9.3. among the new changes is a diffing system that allows you to compair one slots "unknown vars" to anothers. this might be expanded to allow diffing of types also and/or whole saves. im just unsure if i should release what i have now as 1.9.3 or if i should wait for eslava to finish his project and incorparate his discoveries into 1.9.3 or just save that stuff for 1.9.4 , any thoughts?
« Last Edit: 2011-08-19 20:01:16 by sithlord48 »

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2011-08-20 03:16:04 »
are you looking for event flags?