Author Topic: [Solved: Ignore this] Simple Monster Editor  (Read 5513 times)

Gingercat

• View Profile
[Solved: Ignore this] Simple Monster Editor
« on: 2008-10-20 02:09:54 »
With WallMarket being such a runaway success (mucho credit to NFITC1, your skills are godly!!), I have another request for the ubertalented denizens of the board: A monster / enemy editor! Basically, my only ideas on this editor at this point are being able to change the HP, MP, Strength (etc) levels and resistances / absorbing of [effect] / [element] of each monster. No intention of changing what attacks they are equipped with; I imagine that while that could get very interesting, it would also be a nasty amount of work.

My primary intention is once I beat the ugly out of Sephiroth on my current file, I'm gonna go through the game again after modifying the monsties to make them much, much harder. More HP (roughly x10 per monster, if not more), more MP, more resistances, stronger base stats... Perhaps slightly higher or lower EXP / AP rewards depending on what I do to the monster.  Maybe even an ending Sephiroth that is stronger (HP-wise) than Emerald or Ruby - He's the end boss, who's basically Mako power personified, so I want him to act like it! :)

I want to make it so I have to really use tactics instead of pretty much just holding down the Enter key to use my characters' over-strong physical attacks or just spam them with various Enemy Skills. (My Magic materias are pretty much only equipped so I can eventually get Master Materias, 'cause I don't use magics at all at the moment.)

While I realise that there are "Hardcore" mods out there that can achieve this, I would like to have control over each aspect (and said mods modify other things that I myself don't necessarily want to, or want to change in a different way). I'm certainly not saying that I don't like or appreciate that those exist; I just want to "go my own way" :)

Testing of this editor would likely happen on a pretty-much completed file like my current one, where I have access to most of the world's monsters.

Going shopping at the WallMarket for modified armors, materia etc has already made my FF7 experience so much better; I love playing with stuff to "improve" it to my personal standards, so it was a godsend. An editor like this would be the sweet tasty icing on the delicious cake that is FF7! (Okay, bad analogy, but it was the best I could come up with on short notice :P). While I don't have the skill to create such an editor myself, I am certainly very good at bug-finding, and I'm really enjoying watching FF7 get pulled down to its skeleton framework - It's fascinating!
« Last Edit: 2008-10-20 06:01:52 by Gingercat »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: [Request] Simple Monster Editor
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-20 05:29:57 »
Hojo can do that. It'll edit everything about a monster except what attacks they can do. Fear not, I'm working (slowly) on my monster attack editor. Although if you want the monster to do them, you'll have to change their AI script. I think Hojo can change anything about a monster except for its attacks.

Gingercat

• View Profile
Re: [Request] Simple Monster Editor
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-20 06:01:21 »
Excellent, thanks :)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved: Ignore this] Simple Monster Editor
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-20 13:52:06 »
I, for one, would really be interested in an "enemy attacks" editor. Right now, modifying the power and/or attributes of an enemy's ability is annoying and time-consuming. Even a hex-editor-like function added in a tool like Hojo would be cool, since Hojo bypasses the need to unpack and repack the SCENE.BIN archive.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-20 22:37:27 by Armorvil »

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-20 23:08:06 »
Yeah, it's taking me absolutely AGES to edit the attributes. Augh, so tedious! But then, there really isn't any other logical way to do it...

Editing attacks would be interesting... I'd be highly tempted to remove Whirlsand from Ruby Weapon, and add in something else that's a bit more... interesting. Perhaps a Summon like Ifrit :lol: While most likely fatal, that would be hilarious.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-21 13:08:15 »
I would be especially interested in an AI editor that was n00b-friendly; I know that Scene Edit has something along the lines of an AI editor but it is hard to understand for people with no programming experience (like me).

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-10-21 19:08:10 »
I would be especially interested in an AI editor that was n00b-friendly; I know that Scene Edit has something along the lines of an AI editor but it is hard to understand for people with no programming experience (like me).

Yeah, I feel the same. And not only that, but SceneEdit doesn't save any changes, yet. I think that LordJ made a really cool monster's AI editor for FFVI (FFIIIus) that is really easy to understand. It's a multi-editor, named FF3USME.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-21 19:09:41 by Armorvil »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-10-21 19:29:43 »
Damn :-( I downloaded it and then looked more closely...only for FF6. If something similar were made for 7 we'd be able to make some brilliant hardcore mods.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-10-21 20:05:03 »
Yeah, I wish such an editor could be made for FFVII. I'll try to contact him to see if he's interested in FFVII modding.