Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3028164 times)

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03e)
« Reply #2175 on: 2015-12-23 04:07:06 »
Hi there everyone! First of all I'd like to congratulate all those people who worked on the high-quality Retranslation project. Thanks a lot for it!

I have an issue I'd like to share here: It seems that every time I try to install the Retranslation patch via The Reunion and Menu Overhaul it always ends up installing the new menu/dialogue window/fonts/command battle interfaces. The thing is that I would like to keep the original menu that the bootleg040 offers (maybe due to Team Avalanche's GUI/Hi Res?) and "new battle interface" offered by Bootloader (that looks like the original PSX one, but in HD and transparent).

I also noticed it deactivated all World Map/Magic Effects I installed on BootLeg040. I tried installing the Model Overhaul on The Reunion, but it didn't change anything in the open world and magic effects.

So, Is there a way to install the Retranslation without changing the interface of the whole game?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Red46

• View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2015-12-23 07:00:26 »
I have a question about the model overhaul included in Reunion, does it install an upgraded battle model for Cloud only or, other party members should have it updated too?
I've selected all the options regarding the model overhauls (used the DLPB selection preset) and everything seem to work in the world map, fields and minigames. However, during battle it seems that only Cloud's model has undergone a graphical update.

Did I miss something or, Cloud is the only one that is supposed to benefit from the graphical upgrade?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: 2015-12-23 17:54:38 »
Cloud is the only one because his model is taken from the game itself (the higher res version).  All the other models are already as good as the game will allow with the original style.  In other words, I don't think they need updating at all (because every fan made version strays too far from the original style).  The Reunion is an enhancement but not a reformation. This is especially true of R04 where the new menu font and interface has also been dropped (answering the person above you)

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: 2015-12-23 20:08:13 »
Sorry for my ignorance on the matter. But I still don't know if it is possible to install the retranslation (and maybe the 60FPS patch) with the Reunion installer without updating the menu and battle command interfaces. If it is, I would like to know what to do.

Once again, thanks for your time!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: 2015-12-23 20:19:18 »
The answer is yes.  With R04, which is not out yet.  R03 is no longer supported.

ProtoX

« Reply #2180 on: 2015-12-23 20:36:37 »
so your saying your 60fps psx style patch will be available to work again on the R04 Release? if so thank you becuase i've been trying to get it to work and it doesn't and the log file doesn't help me to figure out why it don't work currently.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2015-12-23 21:02:54 »
so your saying your 60fps psx style patch will be available to work again on the R04 Release? if so thank you becuase i've been trying to get it to work and it doesn't and the log file doesn't help me to figure out why it don't work currently.

It should work with R03e?  Definitely.  But it will certainly work with R04 and at the correct frame rate. It's also being added to the exe with R04 - not as a patch.

deep38

• View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2015-12-23 23:19:35 »
Hey!

I just bought FF7 from the steam sale, and I've been figuring out how to make it better. I ended up trying to use your program, and everything looks really good and is working perfectly!

The only problem I have is that the dialogue boxes are messed up and don't display all of the dialogue and format it weirdly, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. I know it's on the bug list, and you know about this bug. But I understood that the bug would only be a part of the "Beacause" part of the mod/program. This problem persists even if I install the program and deselect every part I can in the install menu. If I uninstall, the problem disappears completely.

Does anyone know of any fix for this? I would very much like to use reunion, but with this sort of problem I can't play the game :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: 2015-12-23 23:42:53 »
R03 is no longer supported.  Please create a new thread.  R03 does not support Steam.

Lilpuddy31

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2015-12-24 00:14:39 »
So for us Steam version users, what are our options?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2015-12-24 00:21:59 »
So for us Steam version users, what are our options?

Read above.  I've been repeating myself for the last week or more. :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2015-12-24 00:24:34 »
R04 will be the Steam version.  Luksy is a bit busy at moment and I need an update to ts to finalize it all.  But everything is on course for later December / Jan 1 release of R04.  R03e will come before it.
This was a month and a half ago. This is the problem with removing downloads of older versions; you leave people in the cold often for a long time while they wait for an update that they can only hope won't be delayed.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2015-12-24 00:26:56 »
R03e has been released and R04 will be released before Jan 1.  Steam users have to wait for R04.  There really is nothing more I can do on that front. It's not hard to wait. R03 and the ones before it were not complete (had a few bugs and issues were Steam was concerned) and it would just mean people redownloding, reinstalling.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-24 00:30:04 by DLPB »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2015-12-24 00:29:29 »
Hey!

I just bought FF7 from the steam sale, and I've been figuring out how to make it better. I ended up trying to use your program, and everything looks really good and is working perfectly!

The only problem I have is that the dialogue boxes are messed up and don't display all of the dialogue and format it weirdly, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. I know it's on the bug list, and you know about this bug. But I understood that the bug would only be a part of the "Beacause" part of the mod/program. This problem persists even if I install the program and deselect every part I can in the install menu. If I uninstall, the problem disappears completely.

Does anyone know of any fix for this? I would very much like to use reunion, but with this sort of problem I can't play the game :(
DLBP sorry if i barge w my humble xperience, please correct me if im wrong w the info bellow.

Hey Deep i dunno if it answers your q but many reunion option are now available through 7th Heaven, plus you can check the thread here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15901.0
where i posted my use of reunions beacause + 7H. Menu overhaul and reunion are known to cause glitches in all menus battle and ingame. ive improved my install somewhat afterwards. hope it helps somewhat.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2015-12-24 00:31:00 »
@lionheart It really isn't a good idea to install the other mod on Steam.

« Last Edit: 2015-12-24 00:33:26 by DLPB »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: 2015-12-24 00:31:36 »
R03e has been released and R04 will be released before Jan 1.  Steam users have to wait for R04.  There really is nothing more I can do on that front. It's not hard to wait. R03 and the ones before it were not complete (had a few bugs and issues were Steam was concerned) and it would just mean people redownloding, reinstalling.

Does that mean well finaly be able to use r04 with 7th heaven? menu glitch free and all?

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 2015-12-24 00:32:35 »
It really isn't a good idea to install the other mod on Steam.

were you refering to my post or someone elses?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 2015-12-24 00:33:48 »
From first post:

Q. Will The Reunion work with X?
A. I don't take any interest in other mods, so I don't know. Also check the Readme. Please don't ask if The Reunion is, or will be, compatible with a certain mod.

That said, The Reunion R04 is designed to work with Steam as well as 1998.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: 2015-12-24 00:58:55 »
In my (admittedly limited) experience, Beacause works fairly well with 7thHeaven, because of how 7thHeaven works. You'll have to try on a mod-by-mod basis, but you're unlikely to run into problems with most things.

Merkabah

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 2015-12-24 04:35:09 »
I'm so excited to see this out on Steam so that I can finally take advantage of the version of FFVII I have and enjoy it in a new and improved form!  I couldn't figure out where else to post this but I just thought I'd ask, are you still needing any help with additional editing/formatting/proofreading tasks? I did all of the heavy editing and localization for the fan translation of Final Fantasy Type-0 (what a debacle that turned out to be), so I've got some good experience, if you need it.  If not, feel free to disregard this message, and cheers!  :)

- Merkabah

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: 2015-12-24 05:05:54 »
if you speak good Japanese, we could do with a proof read of our localization v original Japanese text.  Just to put my mind at ease and maybe catch a few small niggles.  Otherwise, everything's cool :)

Thanks!

Merkabah

• View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: 2015-12-24 05:25:51 »
I do speak Japanese, in fact! If you have a way for me to get ahold of your localized script and the original Japanese to refer it to, I'd be more than happy to read through it and offer up suggestions, small grammar fixes, etc. I can also look specifically at any remaining trouble spots, if you have any left at this point in the game.

Just let me know what I should do to get started and I'll get right to work!

- Merkabah

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: 2015-12-24 05:33:04 »
I can handle the grammar side of things - that's being polished up bit by bit as I go through the game in walkthrough style.  I'll send you the files by PM in < 24 hours. I'll go through things in detail. 

This is not an easy task though, despite the fact I wouldn't need you to dwell on every tiny change or localization choice.  It would be up to you to decide if something is sufficient or not - especially if it's a mistake.  Then I'd contact Luksy and make a decision on it.  Your help would definitely be appreciated. 

Merkabah

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 2015-12-24 05:43:42 »
Works for me. Judging from what I've seen so far, it sounds like you have a definite tone in mind for your localization, which is awesome and not something I would want to change if you already have most of it figured out to your liking. I'm looking forward to digging in, though, and thanks for the opportunity to help out!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 2015-12-24 05:46:36 »
Don't thank me yet haha ;)  It's been a curse for me as a labour of love.  But it's coming to an end and you've come at precisely the correct time.