Author Topic: Running FFVII in WINE (Mac OS X)  (Read 5254 times)

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Running FFVII in WINE (Mac OS X)
« on: 2013-02-17 08:14:25 »
Hello. I am using Wine 1.5.23 to try to run the FF7 Bootleg mod on my iMac. Indeed, the game works just fine, but the audio isn't working. I know it isn't a problem with the sound driver because I tried running the 2012 version of the game in the same directory, and the sound works fine in that version, except the backgrounds aren't the Bootleg ones and I can't load my 1998 saves on the 2012 version. I'm using CoreAudio because all of Wine's other audio drivers make FF7 crash. I've tried Bootleg with Wine 1.4.1 and Crossover 12.1.1, and it produces the same result. There was one point where I could get the music to work with Crossover 11.3.1, but I could never get the SFX working. The game, sounds and all, works perfect on Bootcamp, but it takes so long to load Windows on my iMac that I'll barely play the game at all if I can't run it on my Mac OS, so I really don't want responses to this topic telling me to "just load FF7 on Bootcamp" or "just play FF7 without sound". I have Parallels, but it can only use a basic emulated graphics card so when I run Bootleg on it, most of the textures are so HD that they don't show up on the models.

Does anyone know how to get sound working on my Bootleg FF7 on my Mac OS X in Wine/Crossover/PlayOnMac?

These are my computer's specs:
Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory  12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

EDIT: I figured out how to fix the music. I just needed to switch to the FF7music_wine.fgp plugin.
EDIT2: I figured out the sound problem now. I had to set the sound playback device in the third tab of FF7Config.exe to Built-in Output. I probably missed it because the exe always freezes after I test the sound on the fourth tab.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-18 04:36:55 by Mirrorman95 »