Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007681 times)

PeanutReaper486

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04)
« Reply #2275 on: 2016-01-03 03:11:15 »
With battles playing at really low fps when you enabled '60fps battles' in The Reunion's installer, I fixed that by pressing Select+Up, to increase the game's speed, but it requires you to then press Select+Down after the battle is complete and you're back in the field, or else the field plays at x2 speed.

Just a little workaround for now I suppose.

(Btw, this shit is DOPE, DLPB.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04)
« Reply #2276 on: 2016-01-03 03:12:24 »
The only real issue that exists in Steam is that of the Coaster and Snowboard frame rate (set to 30 instead of 60).  Very simple to see where the problem is, but annoying to fix at this time.  So Weapon will be unavailable for Steam users. Everything else is fine apart from that noted on Bug tracker.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04b)
« Reply #2277 on: 2016-01-03 03:20:05 »
It's up :)  Let's hope that does it ;)

@peanut definitely install R04b. The mistake could potentially crash the game.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 03:38:24 by DLPB »

PeanutReaper486

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: 2016-01-03 03:54:59 »
R04b installed. Thanks a ton DLPB.

(Also, thank you for the ULGP model swap tip.)

http://i.imgur.com/zHFxlEc.jpg  :-D

Bryan244

• View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 2016-01-03 04:05:25 »
So far things have been going good even for the marching sequence in junon lol. Thank you very much.

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: 2016-01-03 04:43:51 »
Okay, thanks for the reassurance. One more question: you mentioned earlier that there was an option to choose between original and relocalized names. Do you have a list of which specific names are affected by this toggle?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: 2016-01-03 04:46:30 »
I don't.  But it's all the main characters - like Reno and so on.  And many of the lower characters.  You won't really see much difference with that option enabled.

Edit.

Here is the edit

Code: [Select]
()
Zax>Zack
Z…ax>Z…ack
L-Leno>R-Reno
Leno>Reno
Yrena>Elena
Yre…>Ele…
Gusto>Gast
Elmina>Elmyra
Zeng>Tseng
Mina>Myrna
Sierra>Shera
Godot>Godo

Crean>Chole
Grean>Choco Bill
Greene>Choco Billy

[9:10] (frcyo)
Choco Billy>Billy
Choco Bill>Bill
[0:0]

(fship_5)
Choco Billy>Bill
Choco Bill>Billy

[W+]
()

Marin>Marlene

(fship_12)
Mariiin>Marleeene
(mds6_22)
MARIIIIIN>MARLEEEENE

(0_ff7.exe)
Barrett>Barret

orochi91

• View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: 2016-01-03 05:16:00 »
I must be blind because I don't see a "movies" folder in the game directory for me to paste the FMVs in.

This is the 1997 PC version I'm referring to.

Shasta McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: 2016-01-03 05:42:09 »
I've noticed that battle animations are jerky when using the 60 fps option, at least on my computer.  Guard Scorpion's Search Scope also causes the animation to really slow down.  Re-installing Reunion without the 60 fps option fixed all of this.  Has anyone else had these issues or is it just my old laptop giving me guff?

orochi91

• View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: 2016-01-03 05:47:56 »
I've noticed that battle animations are jerky when using the 60 fps option, at least on my computer.  Guard Scorpion's Search Scope also causes the animation to really slow down.  Re-installing Reunion without the 60 fps option fixed all of this.  Has anyone else had these issues or is it just my old laptop giving me guff?

I've been running it for the past 20min, and the battles are also jerky/stuttering for me, at least when the characters move.

It isn't smooth 60fps; I've got an i7-4970k and a 280x gpu, so it isn't a hardware problem.

I'll try to uninstall everything and start again.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 06:35:16 by orochi91 »

Bryan244

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: 2016-01-03 05:51:21 »
It is in the readme and he is looking for ways to improve it.

orochi91

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: 2016-01-03 05:57:50 »
It is in the readme and he is looking for ways to improve it.

Oh, I assumed that was referring to the Steam version.

I'll wait for a fix then, with regards to the stuttering.

Shasta McNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: 2016-01-03 06:15:31 »
For R04B on the Steam version, any text boxes that appear near the bottom border of the screen get messed up.  Anything below a certain height doesn't go away when you press O [O.K.].  This leads to pieces of text boxes piling on top of each other on the screen and cluttering everything up.  The clutter goes away when you go into the party menu and then back out.

Also, I can't figure out how to get the Touphscript editor to work.  Is there a newer version than v1.3.0?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 06:24:56 by Shasta McNasty »

Settyness

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: 2016-01-03 07:13:29 »
Two days ago, I started playing a new game of FFVII for the first time in nearly a decade. I discovered this modpack and eagerly awaited this release, since I own the Steam version. Created an account just to say good work and to point out a couple of things.

For R04B on the Steam version, any text boxes that appear near the bottom border of the screen get messed up.  Anything below a certain height doesn't go away when you press O [O.K.].  This leads to pieces of text boxes piling on top of each other on the screen and cluttering everything up.  The clutter goes away when you go into the party menu and then back out.
Yup. https://i.imgur.com/hVm61Oj.jpg
It's only annoying because it tends to float over existing text boxes, and makes them difficult to read. Were that not the case, I wouldn't mind. Also, I miss Shasta McNasty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Yj1r6Bz3M

--

For the bike minigame, Cloud looked fine in the tutorial, but as soon as the game began, his model (and his model only) appeared tie-dyed and solid.

There also appears to be a couple of hiccups regarding the translations and the battle tooltips. Wasn't a big deal at first, things like "Custom Sweeper B" and "Custom Sweeper C" show up as "Custom Sweeper !" and "Custom Sweeper $". It didn't bother me until I used Sense -- it would appear HP is also represented with arbitrary characters, e.g. "#$!#/$1", and apparently ever-changing to reflect new expressions. I would have to guess that has to do with Beacause and I'm not sure if that's your department or what. EDIT 3: It looks like these characters represent a number on the keyboard when shift is held, though there are some characters that do not appear on the top row of keys.

One thing I wanna mention is that the menu is pretty fantastic, though I don't like the new Limit and ATB bars. I'm not sure why those had to be changed. If I could, I'd keep those the same.

I think, apart from that, it's all working-out really well so far. I nuked my "Braver" achievement on Steam, just to see if I could re-earn it really quick with the mods installed. As soon as I booted-up the game, the achievement was unlocked. That doesn't 100% confirm it for me, but I'll keep playing until I reach a point where I should get an achievement and report back. off course, if anyone already knows the answer to this, let me know.
EDIT 4: I confirmed for myself that achievements work.

Cheers.

EDIT: *off course
I tried editing that change in several times and it wouldn't stick. But this footnote seems to work just fine.
SMF? More like SMH.

EDIT 2: WORD FILTER
I feel stupid.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 09:00:48 by Settyness »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: 2016-01-03 08:30:22 »
If you are having issues playing the Steam re-release with Reunion, try this. It's what I run; with exception to the odd hiccup here or there it's been pretty painless. I started a new game tonight (on a fresh install) and played until the first save after getting Aerith, here's just a couple notes DLPB. FYI, I'm using the Steam converted to 1998, with only Reunion installed at the moment (so everything is directly related to Reunion).

Obvious (but minor) issues:
-There is a text issue when the screen turns red before setting the bomb in the reactor. The text scrolls up but half of the line is still visible.
-There is no sound (BGM or SFX) when the reactor explodes until meeting Aerith for the first time.
-There is no sound (BGM or SFX) on the train until the "passenger car".

Unknown issues (Unsure if it's correct or not):
-Although the field models are converted (models are being imported to the char.lgp), only Cloud's battle model is converted. I checked the DLPB-Mods folder during install and it looks as though there should updated models for at least the rest of the party and the Soldier classes. Barett's field model is actually better than his battle model. I think this is an installer issue. It would be dandy if there was a link to the model pack to manually install just in case.

Kudos:
-The menu is fantastic! It definitely feels retro yet is an incredible difference over vanilla. No more RPG Maker windows! (;
-The retranslation is really enjoyable to play. No more "!@#$%ing pizza" lines, everything flows nicely. Some dialogue which never actually made sense contributes to the story now!

Overall, you've done a stellar job. I can't wait to play this bug free! I've got to ask though, why didn't you include Anxious Heart with this package? You could make it unavailable if a Steam install is chosen and made it optional if not. I guess anyone that wants it can just download it, probably cuts down on bandwidth too.

Hexx

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: 2016-01-03 10:16:05 »
Version B fixed my combat issue thanks!

Ivanotus

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: 2016-01-03 13:20:12 »
Running smooth as silk, maybe some stuttered animations running 60FPS battles, but nothing that much annoying. Thanks, man.

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
[FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04b)
« Reply #2292 on: 2016-01-03 14:09:48 »
I'd like to second what Cities.Burn.Quick said about the "updated battle models"—they're not updated, except for Cloud's (I'm using the Steam version). I've reinstalled multiple times but no dice.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: 2016-01-03 15:30:31 »
They aren't updated because I have no program to archive the same quality. I must say that even textured models doesn't blend so well as the original models. This would probably change if we had realtime illumination in battles too. But I can't see that either a better tool than kimera will be made nor that we have some success with the battle module.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: 2016-01-03 15:38:29 »
Huh... I helped him troubleshoot this problem for an older version on Steam; I don't know how it could've returned unless he reverted a change somewhere. IIRC this doesn't apply to 1998 version with Aali's Driver though. A minor difference between OpenGL and Direct3D, I think it was?

DLPB, didn't you have an automatic limiter to push textboxes up if they were too close to the bottom on Steam version? Whatever happened to that?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: 2016-01-03 15:58:48 »
I must be blind because I don't see a "movies" folder in the game directory for me to paste the FMVs in.

This is the 1997 PC version I'm referring to.

I believe you've got to place the files from disc into "movies" in root - and then alter registry entry to point to that folder instead of disc.  I totally forgot about this and will amend it in the readme also, explaining which entry needs amending.  Although - has someone made a tool to do this for people?  Most would have an issue with it.
DLPB, didn't you have an automatic limiter to push textboxes up if they were too close to the bottom on Steam version? Whatever happened to that?

We certainly did... but clearly in the transfer to R04 I've forgotten about it again :P   :-D  I'll release R04c later and fix this issue once and for all.

"updated battle models"—they're not updated, except for Cloud's

Cloud's and Sephiroth's because they are based on the high res models already in the game.  The battle models have hands and feet and I consider them good enough that they don't need an update (although Barrett does need fixing because you can see through his waist).  Of course, there are different packs around that can change them :)

For the bike minigame, Cloud looked fine in the tutorial, but as soon as the game began, his model (and his model only) appeared tie-dyed and solid.

One for Kaldarasha to look at I think.

There also appears to be a couple of hiccups regarding the translations and the battle tooltips. Wasn't a big deal at first, things like "Custom Sweeper B" and "Custom Sweeper C" show up as "Custom Sweeper !" and "Custom Sweeper $"

That's a big oversight on my part and was done because I left in an experiment the other day (to fix the spacing. It's hard to explain the issue, but it's due to shit game design).  Must have saved it.  V easy to fix too. 

-There is a text issue when the screen turns red before setting the bomb in the reactor. The text scrolls up but half of the line is still visible.

That's actually not a bug - it's how the scroll works.  But since the box isn't there you see it chopped off.  The original game probably had the line disappear above the top of the box.  But for that dialogue I may have to just do away with the scroll because it does look  a bit crap. 

-There is no sound (BGM or SFX) when the reactor explodes until meeting Aerith for the first time.

This is not related to Reunion.  " (so everything is directly related to Reunion)."  - You've used a converter and you also use Aali's driver in either 1998 or Steam - not to mention the original game is littered with bugs.

why didn't you include Anxious Heart with this package? You could make it unavailable if a Steam install is chosen and made it optional if not. I guess anyone that wants it can just download it, probably cuts down on bandwidth too.

Because it already has an installer that can be downloaded separately.  And it works with Steam already.  Adding it to Reunion means I have to upload 100s of MB of data every time I release Reunion - like in an hour or two when I fix these issues. ;)

Some of these errors on my part are sloppy - but nothing beats a collective for spotting errors :) Thanks for all the bug reports, people.

« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 16:19:15 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: 2016-01-03 16:08:27 »

Remember to view the bug tracker.  It's already there :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: 2016-01-03 16:09:24 »
This is an issue when using the 1998 version on Windows Vista or later. It is caused by Windows no longer having a separate volume control for MIDI audio. When the game tries to turn down MIDI music, it turns down sound for everything instead. The latest version of Aali's driver when used in conjunction with a music plugin (I think there's one included for streaming OGG music?) should fix this.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: 2016-01-03 16:15:44 »
Also, I can't figure out how to get the Touphscript editor to work.  Is there a newer version than v1.3.0?

Just spotted this.  Wait until tomorrow.  I'll have something for you then.  I'll be in touch with Luksy and we'll get latest out.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2299 on: 2016-01-03 16:19:07 »
This is an issue when using the 1998 version on Windows Vista or later. It is caused by Windows no longer having a separate volume control for MIDI audio. When the game tries to turn down MIDI music, it turns down sound for everything instead. The latest version of Aali's driver when used in conjunction with a music plugin (I think there's one included for streaming OGG music?) should fix this.

Aali's v0.8.+ includes the vgmstream_music.fgp plugin, which plays OGG music from the root\music\vgmstream folder.