Author Topic: FF7 PSN (or PSX-PSP) difficulty mods?  (Read 4044 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
FF7 PSN (or PSX-PSP) difficulty mods?
« on: 2012-04-05 02:44:28 »
Hey fellow Qhimm members! It's been a while. I hope you are all doing fine! I doubt anyone remembers who I am, but on to my question.

Are there currently any mods (difficulty mods is what I'm after) for either: the PSN version of FF7 or the PSX-PSP version of FF7?
I've read many moons ago that it was possible and I remember seeing a work-in-progress of a mod or two on the PSX version, but I that was too long ago.

I've PM'ed a couple of members about my question (only 1 responded, btw thank you for doing so), and I received a well-thought-out answer to my question, but I'd rather just make a thread about it and see what everybody's input is or if there are such mods out there.

Thanks in advance  :)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: FF7 PSN (or PSX-PSP) difficulty mods?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-05 18:58:19 »
There are PSX mods, like Armorvil's mod and my own Rebirth (Disc One demo later this month) but I don't know much about how the PSN releases are built, so I don't know how tricky they'd be to mod.

zaphod77

• View Profile
    • Super Сasual Dating Real Women
Re: FF7 PSN (or PSX-PSP) difficulty mods?
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-05 19:05:03 »
THe DRM contained in them makes them impossible to mod without hacking your ps3/psp.

Those with custom psp firmware (easy to do now) can use their own discs to create a version that will play on their psp, and they can mod this version first.  HOwever, performance of modded versions on the emulator in the psp is not guaranteed. only games that have officially been released are guaranteed to work.