Author Topic: Uncorrupted Data?  (Read 7327 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Uncorrupted Data?
« on: 2009-09-12 23:26:28 »
Ok, so on my PSP, I have 1 saved file on there, which is Final Fantasy: Dissidia on my memory stick (16 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo - Magic Gate). Then, when I try to make a saved game for my other game, which is Crisis Core and I save, when I try to load up CC again, it says "Corrupted Data." This has happened to me twice already and each time I had to restart. I had formatted my memory stick in the beginning and still this happens. Although the Dissidia file is there, but not the CC file. So what could be wrong?

EDIT: Whoops! The title of this thread is "Corrupted Data" not "uncorrupted" lol sorry for that mistake.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: Uncorrupted Data?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-13 00:28:31 »
The only thing I can think of is that dissidia and crisis core are using the same save ID. Other than that I'd say try formatting your memory stick. I have both and both save and load fine.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-13 00:40:53 »
Same save ID? What do you mean? And I already formatted my memory stick in the beginning. Before I formatted it, CC was the 1st saved game and Dissidia 2nd, and Dissidia would come out corrupted, even though the data intall of Dissidia would come out fine. But then I formatted it and now it's Dissidia 1st, and CC 2nd, and CC comes out corrupted.  :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-13 00:42:14 »
Use 8Gb or less for guaranteed reliable performance.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-13 00:45:35 »
Use 8Gb or less for guaranteed reliable performance.
Too late. I got 16 gb lol.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-13 00:51:57 »
Yea I have to agree with obesebear. Anything that has massive amounts of memory is most likely to crash/corrupt. I have a 68 MB PS2 card and it had all my PS1 game files for back up, and alot of my PS2 games (Ones that take up 500+ KB) and the whole thing corrupted, I say go with the 4 GB, thats what I use hasn't gone yet.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-13 00:54:49 »
Yea I have to agree with obesebear. Anything that has massive amounts of memory is most likely to crash/corrupt. I have a 68 MB PS2 card and it had all my PS1 game files for back up, and alot of my PS2 games (Ones that take up 500+ KB) and the whole thing corrupted, I say go with the 4 GB, thats what I use hasn't gone yet.
But I don't understand though. Why does it only corrupt the 2nd saved game and not the whole thing? (Well, from what I have experienced, the 2nd saved game is always the one to become corrupted).

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-13 00:56:37 »
Thats also what I don't understand, to me it makes no sense. All I can say is copy dissida, or CC to your PSP.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-14 05:44:06 »
Didn't get your card of ebay by chance did you?

if so you are a victim of a fake memory stick. i got scammed with that once. bought a 16gb for $48 come to find out it was just a 1gb stick that was some how tricked into thinking it was 16gb, anytime i went over 1GB i would start getting corrupted files.

Just popped in dissidia, loaded up my save, then loading up crisis core, worked just fine.

working on a sony pro memory stick duo 16GB with magic gate bought from best buy.

Have never had an issue

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-14 14:44:03 »
Didn't get your card of ebay by chance did you?

if so you are a victim of a fake memory stick. i got scammed with that once. bought a 16gb for $48 come to find out it was just a 1gb stick that was some how tricked into thinking it was 16gb, anytime i went over 1GB i would start getting corrupted files.

Just popped in dissidia, loaded up my save, then loading up crisis core, worked just fine.

working on a sony pro memory stick duo 16GB with magic gate bought from best buy.

Have never had an issue
As a matter of fact I did get it from e-bay. But, how could you tell if it really is 16 gb? I know it says it on there, but could you truly check with the PSP?

EDIT: Nvm, I check on the PSP and it is 16 gb. I checked on my computer as well and it also says 16 gb. This is just some unexplained mystery. Maybe it's just bad luck or something.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-14 15:07:56 by drfeelgud88 »

Jari

« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-14 15:11:58 »
There are pirated MP3 players which report the advertised size, but fail when you try to utilize it.

Copy 16 gigabytes to it. If you can, and can get it back in one piece as well, then it's 16GB, if not... then it might be something else, or broken.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-14 20:12:33 »
Even if the computer and/or PSP detects that it is 16 gb of memory?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-09-14 20:14:15 »

Yup, they just read what the capacity the card is telling. If the card is not legit it will tell wndows or the psp it has 16gb when it really doesnt

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #13 on: 2009-09-14 20:17:01 »

Yup, they just read what the capacity the card is telling. If the card is not legit it will tell wndows or the psp it has 16gb when it really doesnt
Hmm, then I need to get about 16 gb worth memory and copy it onto the memory stick like Bandito suggested. And then we will see if it is real or broken/fake.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-09-15 03:32:36 »
no need, go out and get a 16gb stick (hell just a 4gb would work i'm sure) and i bet you won't get that issue. i'd send it back to the guy and report him to e-bay

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-09-15 07:17:24 »
geez..the bastards are now pirating PSP memory cards !!!  :-o

The shame!...  :x

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #16 on: 2009-09-15 07:49:53 »
no need, go out and get a 16gb stick (hell just a 4gb would work i'm sure) and i bet you won't get that issue. i'd send it back to the guy and report him to e-bay
What my brother suggested is to e-mail the seller and ask for an exchange. He said that most of the time they will because they wouldn't want negative feedback on their product. But then again, I had already left feedback when it was working for the longest time. And then I started to get corrupted files all of a sudden. Hmm.