Author Topic: Favorite Shows Anyone?  (Read 14373 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Favorite Shows Anyone?
« on: 2010-01-12 21:51:20 »
What kind of shows do you like?
Me, basically any show that deals with comedy. For example: Family Guy, That '70s Show, etc.
Of course there are others that I like but my favorite ones are those that deal with comedy. Me like a good laugh :D
« Last Edit: 2010-01-12 21:53:12 by drfeelgud88 »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Favorite Shows Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-12 21:56:39 »
What kind of shows do you like?
Me, basically any show that deals with comedy. For example: Family Guy, That '70s Show, etc.
Of course there are others that I like but my favorite ones are those that deal with comedy. Me like a good laugh :D

family guy, anime, and law and order

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-12 22:04:48 »
I rarely watch anything made outside of Japan nowadays :-D

That's not because of weeaboo snobbery or anything like that; it's just that there's little else that I have any interest in watching. There seems to very very little new programming in the West that's good (of course, I haven't been making an effort to catch up, and I don't have a TV for half of the year).

However, I'm in the same boat as the doc when it comes to favourite genre; I haven't watched any non-comedy Western TV programmes for many years, and I don't watch much "serious" anime either (the exceptions are Fate/Stay Night, which I only decided to watch because I liked the VN, Spice and Wolf, which I only watch because I'm furry for Horo and Rozen Maiden, which I only decided to watch because of the desu). I have a myanimelist account, which documents my woefully low level of anime consumption :-D

As for Western programming, I like Britcoms from the 90s and 00s, most things with Stephen Fry or Rowan Atkinson in them and/or that are written by Richard Curtis and Ben Elton and animation aimed at older audiences; The Simpsons (the older episodes, of course), Futurama, Family Guy, King of the Hill and the absolutely brilliant Monkey Dust.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-12 23:22:54 »
I watch Dexter and Weeds on showtime
It's always sunny in Philadelphia and Rescue Me on fx
I like funny shows like Tim and Eric's awesome show great job, Metalocalypse, family guy, south park etc.
I used to like The Office

I don't watch tv very much.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-13 01:32:32 »
House, Heroes, Fringe, Community, Scrubs, Two and a Half Men, Hell's Kitchen

And dammit I loved Crusoe, I'm still pissed that didn't get renewed for a second season, or at least a proper ending.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-13 01:40:00 »
Dexter.  I'm also going to give Heroes one more season

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-13 07:31:39 »
Simpsons, Family Guy. American Dad, Big Bang Theory and Greys Antomy.
those were the BEST tv series i have ever watched.  :-D

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-13 10:55:48 »
Almost nothing. Seriously, I don't watch TV much anymore (by choice). Thank goodness at least for Hulu so I can watch the few shows that I want to when they come out. That said, I'm still waiting for season 3 of Burn Notice (I like Bruce Campbell) to continue and season 2 of Legend of the Seeker.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #8 on: 2010-01-13 12:41:58 »
Almost nothing. Seriously, I don't watch TV much anymore (by choice). Thank goodness at least for Hulu so I can watch the few shows that I want to when they come out. That said, I'm still waiting for season 3 of Burn Notice (I like Bruce Campbell) to continue and season 2 of Legend of the Seeker.

sucks for people not in the states though, sinse hulu is only for the states i believe (can't use it up here in canada)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-01-13 12:44:20 »

sucks for people not in the states though, sinse hulu is only for the states i believe (can't use it up here in canada)

It's definitely US only.

One can't even watch it with a proxy.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-01-13 13:48:11 »

It's definitely US only.

One can't even watch it with a proxy.

http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/06/hulu-outside-us-real-solution.html

Not tried it myself though.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #11 on: 2010-01-13 20:02:20 »
I also like watching ER.  :-D

Oh here's a funny Family Guy clip that I just can't get over!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKzMbz0KLTE
« Last Edit: 2010-01-13 20:09:19 by drfeelgud88 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-01-13 20:17:49 »
I also like watching ER.  :-D

Oh here's a funny Family Guy clip that I just can't get over!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKzMbz0KLTE

:-D

I'm glad my family isn't like that; I've never been caught.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #13 on: 2010-01-13 22:23:13 »
:-D

I'm glad my family isn't like that; I've never been caught.
ROFL! :D
It's all good!  :-D

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-01-13 22:29:30 »
Dexter,Brother and sisters.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #15 on: 2010-01-13 22:43:20 »
Red Dwarf, Scrubs, The Office, South Park, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Etc.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #16 on: 2010-01-14 01:11:07 »
Red Dwarf, Scrubs, The Office, South Park, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Etc.

a fan of comedy? smart man bud

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-01-14 01:19:54 »
House, Mystery Diagnosis, Untold Stories of the ER, football (if you want to call that a show), legend of the seeker (even though it pisses me off it wasnt like the books)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #18 on: 2010-01-14 01:26:22 »
If Football counts as a show it is by far my favorite. I wish there was a spring league so I could watch year round. 

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-01-14 01:51:36 »
If Football counts as a show it is by far my favorite. I wish there was a spring league so I could watch year round. 

Absolutely, I love watching the super bowl but it pains me to watch as well as I know that is the last of it for another 8 months.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-01-14 02:55:47 »
I almost forgot.... Firefly

You are missed

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-01-14 04:16:14 »
The Simpsons, Family Guy, Conan O'Brien, The Daily Show, and for a brief period of time, Firefly and Fastlane (may they rest in peace).
Oh, and can't forget SNL.
I can list tons of anime, but I'll just note Bleach as that's all that I'm currently watching in that category. (Aspiring Kenichi and Ippo season 2)

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-01-14 22:49:17 »
Dexter, House, Big Bang Theory, American Dad and Family Guy, Scrubs (Season 9 is so much better then expected!).

Used to watch heroes also but that shit got senseless and plot-hole-ery real quick..

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: 2010-01-15 00:26:11 »
I don't follow any show, but when I happen to be close to a TV I would prefer those standard American animations shows. Like simpsons, futurama, family guy, american dad and south park.

There are some Norwegian shows I enjoy as well (like this one but none of you prob understands squat).

When it comes to Japanese animation there aren't much I like. In fact I tend to be embarrassed just by watching some (damn those Japanese got a serious school-girl fetish). But when they're good, they're really good.  :-D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #24 on: 2010-01-15 20:37:51 »
I don't follow any show, but when I happen to be close to a TV I would prefer those standard American animations shows. Like simpsons, futurama, family guy, american dad and south park.

There are some Norwegian shows I enjoy as well (like this one but none of you prob understands squat).

When it comes to Japanese animation there aren't much I like. In fact I tend to be embarrassed just by watching some (damn those Japanese got a serious school-girl fetish). But when they're good, they're really good.  :-D

whats wrong with liking japanese school girls :P