Author Topic: Characters don't move during cut-scenes (FMV's)  (Read 3246 times)

FFVIIfan

Characters don't move during cut-scenes (FMV's)
« on: 2006-10-22 21:11:46 »
 Everytime an FMV plays, the characters don't move. Here is an example, when i get on the elevator in Junon, the elevator goes up but cloud doesnt move. I wish i could explain it better. Is there anyway I can fix this?

EDIT: Here is a thread where someone also had the same exact problem.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5973.0
« Last Edit: 2006-10-22 22:56:34 by FFVIIfan »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: Characters don't move during cut-scenes (FMV's)
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-23 18:14:24 »
Well Hiro (from the other thread) fixed his problem with a codec conflict, which is what it sounds like.  You could play the movies off your hard drive, and rip the movies to a nicer codec, so everything plays nice.  I'm switching all of mine to Xvid just to save myself from a few headaches and the movies look purdy with that compression.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-31 01:06:56 »
im sorry to interrupt and ask a sort of unrelated question but i need to know this: the codec that alot of people seem to have problems with, is it part of the ff7 main game download (i know it's a stupid question but i don't have my ff7 game just yet and i wanted to know)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-31 03:41:49 »
I really, really, REALLY doubt you interrupted anything.    Whether your computer will properly play FF7 very much depends on things you have previously downloaded and installed among other things.  If yours won't work or has problems, feel free to search around.

If your problem still isn't fixed, be sure to include all the things you've tried before creating a new post requesting help.