Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 266710 times)

VonLoewe

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.0)
« Reply #250 on: 2020-06-27 01:24:44 »
Super excited about trying this version!

A few questions:

It removes a couple of experience that would be otherwise impossible to avoid though ("You're not alone" segment).
Does this also include Tantarian? I remember reading about a custom version that removed the exp from all the forced encounters but is this now also a feature of the main version?

The ultimate weapons of the different characters give a big boost in the main stats though and they can give some points overall.
Does this mean that perfect stats are completely different, and potentially much higher, than vanilla "perfect stats"? Are there other equipment stat changes besides the perfect weapons?

Last question, might be a stupid one: is the Markus-Eiko glitch fixed by this mod? (or by default in the steam version? A quick search turned inconclusive..)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2020-06-27 19:22:29 »
No, Tantarian still gives Exp since it is part of the reward for beating it.
Hum... I guess I'll make him sensible to Stop once it reaches 1/4 of its Max HP. Seems the best solution for me as I don't want to remove the Exp but also lvl 1 playthroughs should be allowed to kill it.

Yes, perfect stats are completly different (although I didn't compute the new optimal stats). I guess that you can reach 99 Str/Mgc with more people. There are very few equipment stat changes besides the perfect weapons (and the Hammer) and I don't think any matters the optimal equipment route.

No, the Marcus (french spotted :p) -Eiko glitch was not fixed. I decided that it wasn't for this mod to fix it. It might be (optionally) fixed in a next version of Memoria.

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2020-06-28 15:44:33 »
Well finally took down Necron video will be coming soon.

Honnestly thought at first he was kind of a bullshit fight, didn't see how to beat him at my current LV and was almost about to just Save Editing my LV99......... guess I was just really tired last month and need to take a much needed break from FFIX, as upon retrying I end up finding a way after only 3 tries off-screen and first try while recording, so the biggest pain in the ass of this fight is hands down Gran Cross, random Statut Effects really is an issue especially since you can't get immune against some of them (Berserk and Death being the worst honnestly if 3 characters get hit by 1 of this 2 you might as well reset), Mother, Regen and Curaga are also annoying as well as Meteor but thankfully Meteor is quite rare. Maybe I was underlevel for this fight (LV45-55) and end up having to take it extra safe by taking Eiko and Kweena to permanently keep my team under Reflect, Protect and Shell and take care of the support while Steiner and Tarask were dealing the damage.

So I'd say this fight as some Randomness in it but not as bad as Ozma (despite what I said in my video), and was a fair fight as well as being finally a boss that took over 15 minutes to defeat, I wasn't sure what to think about this fight at first but in the end I think Necron is a good fight to conclude the mod.

In any case thank you for this mod, was really good I had a lot of fun playing it, don't mind me getting frustrated in video I have this tendancy of being frustrated on things where I fail to do but looking back outside of the Kuja's fight (the first one was kinda BS with the reducing stats to 0/1 and Trance Kuja was honnestly very disappointing easiest boss of Disc 4 as an all kind of anti-climatic), and Thorn and Zorn's refight due to a glitch, I enjoy pretty much all the boss fights in this mod. Also like the rework of the gameplay and characters, which makes the game more balance and more enjoyable.

EDIT : Also minor Glitch on Necron it seems one of the 4 characters get a HP increase out of nowhere for the fight in my vid Steiner had 4257 HP but his HP were increase to 6385 for Necron's fight
« Last Edit: 2020-06-29 17:19:47 by Nesouk »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2020-07-03 21:47:00 »
Thanks for the playthrough!
No problem about the frustration, I perfectly understand. You didn't see my frustration when I saw you were doing something and I would have played differently :p

That's not a glitch on Necron for once. It's something that happens if you have recruited Beatrix: one of the characters at random gets 2 "vital force" and that character gets a Max HP boost for the final battle.

VonLoewe

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2020-07-03 23:00:26 »
I guess I'll make him sensible to Stop once it reaches 1/4 of its Max HP. Seems the best solution for me as I don't want to remove the Exp but also lvl 1 playthroughs should be allowed to kill it.
That sounds like a perfect solution; best of both worlds.

There are very few equipment stat changes besides the perfect weapons (and the Hammer) and I don't think any matters the optimal equipment route.
This is good to know too, since it means we can still use available equipment lists to plan instead of redoing all of that.

Thanks for the reply!
The "k" was an honest misspelling  :-D always played the game in English, although I'm indeed francophone

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2020-07-04 19:49:39 »
Thanks for the playthrough!
No problem about the frustration, I perfectly understand. You didn't see my frustration when I saw you were doing something and I would have played differently :p

That's not a glitch on Necron for once. It's something that happens if you have recruited Beatrix: one of the characters at random gets 2 "vital force" and that character gets a Max HP boost for the final battle.

I can imagine XD.
Interesting thing about Necron wasn't expecting that ^^

Vincere97

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2020-07-19 09:27:23 »
First of all, I wanted to say that I'm impressed by what you've managed to do with your mods, it's incredible !
I also wanted to know if the beatrix only sub-mod was also available with other languages ?
« Last Edit: 2020-07-19 09:50:42 by Vincere97 »

ERAISERZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2020-08-04 08:51:45 »
I also wanted to know .. I wanted to install it on the ITA version and with the mod moguri 8 v5 is it compatible?

MysticLord

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.1)
« Reply #258 on: 2020-08-20 19:40:34 »
Is the RHDN entry for the PSX version the most up-to-date PSX version (I know that the PSX version is inactive)?
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2530/

Also what are the ISO/BIN hashes for the unmodified roms to which the patches should be applied?

edit

After fiddling around, it appears that the correct SHA256 hash for disc 1 is:
D5D14F338179BD9DD15EC9E0997462C28643EF84268F3DB86C1B3742DBABC6BC
« Last Edit: 2020-08-20 19:48:16 by MysticLord »

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2020-09-09 22:20:48 »
Hello my friends...
Im new here and am having Problems:
After instaling the Mod i open the game, but is everything black and thats it...
Nothing hapens!
Note: I have the FFIX Shortcut Fix, end works well without the Mod, but when i instal the Mod... hum... Black screen!

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2020-09-10 18:49:34 »
Another and last question:
Is this game compatible with the last August Update on Steam?

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2020-09-11 09:14:48 »
Hello, i have 2 Questions.

1) Is there are way to replace the ingame Keyboard Button Pictures (Backspace, x, c, etc. to the Playstations ones (Cirle, Triangel, Square, etc.

2) I have a german Steam installation of FF9 and installed Mougri Mod and Alternate Fantasy and it work. Vivi's Staff teaches 20%MP. When in Alternate Fantasy a new Text is displayed like Dialogue or Item, which is not in german vanilla version,  does it will just show me the English Text but it will work or will the game crash or something like that. In short can i play without problems or i must switch the entire game to english?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2020-09-11 10:15:41 »
Hi.

@DenisColli:
Yes. You need the latest Steam update AND you need to install the Moguri mod (or Albeoris's Memoria mod), as explained in the "readme" file.
It is very dubtous to have a black screen at launching because of the mod. The "Memoria.log" file may give some insight of the problem, it might be because one of the files in the "Data" subfolder has been somehow corrupted.

@LeOsTyLe:
1) I think that there is a mod for that on Steam. At worst, you may create that mod yourself (it's rather simple now thanks to Memoria):
%u2023 Get the icon atlas (I obtained it with Hades Workshop's tool "Unity Assets Viewer" from the "sharedassets2.assets", but you don't have to care about it),
%u2023 Replace the icons of the buttons on the bottom-right of the image,
%u2023 Put the atlas file in a folder "PSXButton/embeddedasset/ui/atlas" with the folder "PSXButton" being placed inside FF9's folder. Also, remove the ".png" extension such that the image is named "icon atlas",
%u2023 Add "PSXButton" to the list in Memoria.ini's "[Mod] FolderNames" field.
Hopefully, the PNG compression will not create ugly marks on the icons in-game. If that is the case, try saving it with a looser compression.

2) The mod is fully translated into all the available languages (including japanese). Added dialogs will not appear in english nor crash the game but they will appear in german as long as you play in german.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-11 10:19:00 by Tirlititi »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2020-09-11 17:53:57 »
Hi.

@LeOsTyLe:
1) I think that there is a mod for that on Steam. At worst, you may create that mod yourself (it's rather simple now thanks to Memoria):
%u2023 Get the icon atlas (I obtained it with Hades Workshop's tool "Unity Assets Viewer" from the "sharedassets2.assets", but you don't have to care about it),
%u2023 Replace the icons of the buttons on the bottom-right of the image,
%u2023 Put the atlas file in a folder "PSXButton/embeddedasset/ui/atlas" with the folder "PSXButton" being placed inside FF9's folder. Also, remove the ".png" extension such that the image is named "icon atlas",
%u2023 Add "PSXButton" to the list in Memoria.ini's "[Mod] FolderNames" field.
Hopefully, the PNG compression will not create ugly marks on the icons in-game. If that is the case, try saving it with a looser compression.

Thanks for the answer. I tried the memoria way exacly like you wrote, but it didnt work. But after i put the folder "FF9_Data" before "embeddedasset", it worked. so "PSXButton/FF9_Data/embeddedasset/ui/atlas" can i do that or will i get problems later with it?

The next problem was that every icon had a white background ingame. But i solved it. First i used "paint" for changing the .png and now i use "paint.net" with "paint.net"  i dont have the white background behind the icons.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2020-09-11 21:03:43 »
I was wrong with the path. Well done correcting it.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2020-09-11 22:03:41 »
Ok, thanks. Then i can start now :)

While i searched for psx button pictures, i read in a forum beside the "icon atlas" there is another png you need to redraw its called "screen button atlas". I did both now. Used your Hades Program to extract the "screen button atlas", because the one i found had wrong colors by the feet icons. They got probably an update. Here is the "PSXButton" Mod with both png's if someone want. The icon atlas include L1,L2,R1,R2. The ones i found in forums didnt had that, they had only the main button, so i draw them. "icon atlas"  is tested ingame, "screen button atlas" not.

Feel free to share it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17tp4IGZU6jR2kNhGeiuNLbsXi5Z76T5V

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2020-09-11 23:19:16 »
Thanks man!
2 more questions: hehe!

1) Is this the Memoria Engine Mod you are Talking about?
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy9/mods/3?tab=files
Or This?
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria

2) What do you think about this mod?
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy9/mods/24?tab=description

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2020-09-12 18:55:47 »
Great @LeOsTyLe  8)

@DenisColli:
1) Both are the same tool. The Github link is always the most up-to-date but the Nexusmod link is not far behind.
2) I have not tested it and I am personally not bothered at all by the system of stat increase in FF9 (but I know that several people are). I think that the solution offered is the best for people who want to get rid of this system (and use AF).

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2020-09-12 21:07:34 »
Thanks a lot, man.
You are the guy!

Im already playing... And the funy thing is that you did the changes that im thinking to do...
Even add Status to elemental magic is something that i was thinking about for years!

Now im making my changes! Hehehe...

The sad is that the Hade Workshop didnt worked at all in the Modded Game...  :'( Only in the vanilla...

Is it possible to make changes in this Mod unsig the Hades Workshop?

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2020-09-12 21:31:34 »
Honestly...
I couldnt even know from where to Start on the GitHub version...
I didnt find a .exe to start... So the Nexus version seams very attractive for me...
hehehe

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2020-09-12 21:35:19 »
When i try to extract the No Equipment Mod i get an error, no matter which version i use. I assume i can make the changes direct in the Alternate Fantasy Item/stats.csv? And all i need to do is to set Values of 0-5 deppens on what i want on the Columns Dexterity Strength Magic Will for every Stat Set?

When i level up early on fast (because i like to master the abilities early on) will i have later hug problems, due to "low" endgame stats? I ask because it seems that even 1 point have a hug impact in this mod. At least early one, dont know how its later. With 6 Defense a boss hit me mostly for 50 damage, i just got +1 defense more so i had 7 defense and than he mostly hit me for 36 damage. Steiner has +2 defense more so he have 9 defense and the boss only hit mostly 9 damage on him and i increased Steiner's attack from 12->16 and damage increase from 36->108 (same monster tested). Does later a few stats points will have such a big impact, too?

And one last question, when Steam will ask me for a FF9 update in the future, can i do it or could i get problems with Moguri and Alternative Fantasy Mod?

Edit: Read about the damage formula in this game. One part of the formula is Attack - Defense. So if your attack = monster defense or simlar to it, you will do very low damage and every single point will give you a big boost. Theoretically 1 point could double the damage. In case of Steiner's Attacks my attack must was 2 points higher than monster defense and now its 6 higher, so it explains the 3x damage. Same happens to damage reducing, too. In best case (Monster Attack - Your Defense = 2) and you increase defense by 1 point, it will bring you 50% lower damage. Will be the values of Attack/Defense of Characters and Monsters always similar to each other, even later? If the answer is yes, than probably even later every point will be important.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-13 00:14:56 by LeOsTyLe »

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2020-09-13 00:55:39 »
I Created something betwin one thing and another...
As I see that the difference of leveling up with or without Bonus is very huge, than i reduced the difference betwin the Items
I gave

Old     New
 0        +1
+1      +2
+2      +2
+3      +2
+4      +3

Than this makes the Item to dont seems all the same, but gives an solutions to the Bonus Evolving Dilema...

DenisColli

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2020-09-13 01:05:55 »
Tirlititi, you sayd you could give attack properties (like critical,etc) to many "Attack" like Commands...
Did you could give this benefits to "Mug" too?
« Last Edit: 2020-09-13 01:09:01 by DenisColli »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2020-09-13 08:52:03 »
One note to the yesterday writing from me.

The formular with Attack - Defene is right, but i had in my head that the main stats could increase your Attack or Defense like in FF7. But in FF9 they do not it. I read it on fandom page. So the main stat will not change your damage such in a significat way like items can (Attack/Defense/MagicDefense). For Magic Damage the game use instead of the Attack, the Spell Damage Stat. So here, the same. Strentgh/Magic increase of course the damage, but in the formular, where they are used, where is no - (minus) something like in the (Attack - Defense Part) and the result is multiplied with the Attack - Defense result.

Edit: But the main question is still up, how important are the Bonus Stats from Leviling up with certain Equipment in this Mod. In vanilla you can beat the game easy without it.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-13 08:54:16 by LeOsTyLe »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2020-09-13 13:12:57 »
No, I didn't add critical strikes to Mug.

In order to make a mod with HW that is compatible with Memoria, you have to open HW on a vanilla copy of the game and generate "Spreadsheets" + "Raw assets" when saving as a Steam mod (then register the folder generated in Memoria.ini).

Yes, the defense/attack points are important. With late-game armors, you can see the big difference in damage compared to someone with a mid-game armor. The defense of enemies are almost always the same, 10 (12 in AF) but some of them have a higher defense (for instance, a very slight raise in magic defense makes the enemy immuned against Drain/Osmose in vanilla).

AF has been thought to be beatable without any form of grinding. Someone even proved it to be beatable at lvl 1.
The bonus you get from stat boosts is not that important, in particular because Str/Mgc/Spd/Spr don't change this "Attack - Defense" part of the damage formula. The best boosts you gain with this mechanics are a boost in Max HP/MP, ATB speed and various things from Spirit (a bit less in AF since the Spirit has much less impact on status durations and ticks).