Author Topic: [PSX/PC] File Reconstruction Project!!  (Read 95873 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Re: FF7 File Reconstruction Project!!
« Reply #50 on: 2009-11-09 08:29:54 »
Looks like someone peed all over the spreadsheet.

I'll be uploading a backup when I get home (I wasn't stupid). It might be missing some newer data.

Looks like my experiment to keep it open for everyone failed. I figured this would happen sooner or later. The next revision will be moderated.

If anyone else downloaded a backup PM me with when it was downloaded. You may have one newer than mine (Mine is a few weeks old).

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-11-09 10:27:20 »
According to the changes log, no changes were made last week, but last two weeks have some changes by sithlord, jeromear and some unregistered guys. I think i can revert the sheet to the last change made before someone messed it but the sheet doesnt load.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 2009-11-09 10:49:53 »
I can't revert. Whoever peed on the sheet locked me out. I'll have to start with a new document

==EDIT==

I'm converting a newer backup now. It may have some formatting issues you guys will need to fix

==EDIT EDIT==

It's uploaded and pretty much intact PM me with your email address if you want access.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-09 12:25:19 by halkun »

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #53 on: 2009-11-09 13:45:38 »
I ask the people that know me or had saw me working on this project to please express it, because i have been left behind due the number of my posts, and i think that the effort and hours that i dedicate it to this project are more valuable than a bunch of statistics numbers in my profile.

Cordially, Vegeta_Ss4
« Last Edit: 2009-11-09 13:56:34 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-11-09 14:01:59 »
I ask the people that know me or had saw me working on this project to please express it, because i have been left behind due the number of my posts, and i think that the effort and hours that i dedicate it to this project are more valuable than a bunch of statistics numbers in my profile.

Cordially, Vegeta_Ss4

I will vouch for him, he put in many hours of work getting the spreadsheet to where it was. He should have access, halkun PM me if you have any questions

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-11-09 14:05:36 »

Cordially, Vegeta_Ss4

Yeah vegeta is the one who made most of the additions, dont let his post count fool you.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #56 on: 2009-11-09 23:45:01 »

Cordially, Vegeta_Ss4

yea vegeta is good, if it was not for him i would only have half of battle.lgp done :), i would also like access.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #57 on: 2009-11-09 23:49:40 »
Ok, Veggie, Eslava, broken and pyro are added. You need to check your emails for invites.

Sith, you need to PM me your email address

Guys, Don't wreck it this time OK? :P
« Last Edit: 2009-11-09 23:51:32 by halkun »

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #58 on: 2009-11-10 00:55:46 »
I will vouch for him, he put in many hours of work getting the spreadsheet to where it was. He should have access, halkun PM me if you have any questions

Yeah vegeta is the one who made most of the additions, dont let his post count fool you.

yea vegeta is good, if it was not for him i would only have half of battle.lgp done :), i would also like access.

Thank for back me up guys :-). Everything is back to normal now and the misunderstanding has been solve.:wink:

Now let's get to work :-P
« Last Edit: 2009-11-10 02:49:42 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-02-01 03:18:18 »
Glad to know this is still going.
Keep up the good work guys!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #60 on: 2010-02-14 15:31:22 »
i have just finished updating the links for most of the pictures, still need to get photos of most of the items in the game. but progress is being made. if anyone would like to help w/ the pictures. pm me and i will provide the nessessary info on what is needed. also if you want access to the sheet you will have to ask halkun so any new people who would like to help will have to talk to him about access.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
FF7 File Reconstruction Project!! Update.
« Reply #61 on: 2010-03-09 23:55:34 »
Reconstruction project, update 3.9.10

, progress is slow but sure. picture links for the rest of the .lgp files models and backgrounds are being created ,.since there are a lot of files on the sheets.just about any user who is r will have to scroll around a lot of data in order to find the files related to it,so i created a bunch of "named ranges" that a user can look thru to find their data faster. but it will only work for people who have Write privilege. naturally for read-only viewers some sort of index needs to be created to speed up that process. I'm open to suggestion on what to do about that index.

as some of you may be aware, there are several localized versions of ff7 , and there are naturally a few different files between languages. now we have English and Spanish versions of this data but are missing the rest any one another language version is asked to donate some of there files for a complete sheet.

some examples of these files are (first few are easy ones)
ff7 pc manual.rtf,ff7 readme.txt,sfman for awe32,64 readme.txt,textures from menu.lgp
some textures in just about all the minigames and quite a few other lgp's (ones w/ letters , etc...).,maybe some models.

members who have a German,Japanese, or other language who are would like to donate.
ill be back w/ another update when progress warrents on. 
r

Eslava

• View Profile
Re: FF7 File Reconstruction Project!! Update.
« Reply #62 on: 2010-03-10 16:13:36 »

as some of you may be aware, there are several localized versions of ff7 , and there are naturally a few different files between languages. now we have English and Spanish versions of this data but are missing the rest any one another language version is asked to donate some of there files for a complete sheet.

ff7 pc manual.rtf,ff7 readme.txt,sfman for awe32,64 readme.txt,textures from menu.lgp
some textures in just about all the minigames and quite a few other lgp's (ones w/ letters , etc...).,maybe some models.

members who have a German,Japanese, or other language who are would like to donate.

r

The files that actually change are the textures that have any text drawn on them, As soon as I have all of the later sorted I'll add here a list with their filenames so anyone who wants to contribute just have to search for those. if you want you can also send me the localized .lgp files and ill do the work for you.

EDIT: Here's the list of the files that are different due to localization:

Main folder:
FF7 PC Manual
FF7 ReadMe
SFMAN for AWE32,64 ReadMe

Inside LGPs (LGPs have different names aswell, Im posting the spanish version ones as an example but depending on the language they will change, the files inside them dont change their names though):

Code: [Select]
SCONDOR
shelp
shelp_1
smes00
smes00a
smes00b
smes00c
smes00d
smes01
smes01a
smes01b
smes08
sunit00
sunit00a
sunit00b
sunit00c
sunit00d
sunit01
sunit01a
sunit01b
sunit01c

DISC_SP
s_over_a
s_over_b
s_over_c
s_over_la
s_over_lb
sdisk1_a
sdisk1_b
sdisk1_x
sdisk2_a
sdisk2_b
sdisk2_x
sdisk3_a
sdisk3_b
sdisk3_x

HIGH-SP
guaa
huaa
iuaa
juaa

MENU_SP
btl_win_a_h
btl_win_a_l
btl_win_b_h
btl_win_b_l
btl_win_c_h
btl_win_c_l
btl_win_d_h
btl_win_d_l
btl_win_h
btl_win_l
colo
coloa
colob
coloc
usfont_a_h
usfont_a_l
usfont_b_h
usfont_b_l
usfont_h
usfont_l

SCHOCOBO
ag
ah
aq
ar
ba
bb
bk
bl
bo
bq
bw
bz
ca
rg
rk
ro
rs
ru
rv
sd
se

SCONDOR
shelp
shelp_1
smes00
smes00a
smes00b
smes00c
smes00d
smes01
smes01a
smes01b
smes08
sunit00
sunit00a
sunit00b
sunit00c
sunit00d
sunit01
sunit01a
sunit01b
sunit01c

SFLEVEL

SNOWBOARD-SP
cfont
sa
sb
sc
seita_k
sg
sstamp0
sstamp1
stime1
stime2

SSUB
shud
shuda
shudb
shudc
shudd
stext
stexta
stextb
stextc
stextd

WORLD_SP

I don't know why flevel and world lgps have their names changed but i haven't found any file inside them different from the originals. The only thing i found connected between them is that both of em have eye textures but that doesnt make any sense at all
« Last Edit: 2010-03-11 12:59:56 by Eslava »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-03-11 22:36:02 »
Pictures of all battle models
 http://www.mediafire.com/?gjnmgnwl0mi
You'll need 7zip to open it.  Also included is Mirex's battle index for ease of finding which name corresponds with which model.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #64 on: 2010-03-12 02:43:51 »
Pictures of all battle models
 http://www.mediafire.com/?gjnmgnwl0mi
You'll need 7zip to open it.  Also included is Mirex's battle index for ease of finding which name corresponds with which model.
7z is not a problem (its the best compression, 98% of the time). thanks for the donation.

aNUbiS

« Reply #65 on: 2010-03-29 21:20:42 »

I want to add the files of the german localization.
-cd
  -cr_gm.lgp
  -disc_gm.lgp
      gdisk*.tex
      g_over_*.tex
-field
  -gflevel.lgp
-menu
  -menu_gm.lgp
-minigame
  -gchocobo.lgp
  -gcondor.lgp
      dhelp*.tim
      dmes*.txd
      dunit*.txd
  -gsub.lgp
      ghud*.txd
      gtext*.txd
  -high-ge.lgp
  -snowboard-ge.lgp
      ga.tex
      gb.tex
      gc.tex
      geita_k.tex
      gg.tex
      gstamp*.tex
      gtime*.tex
-wm
  -world_gm.lgp

Hope that I didn't miss something...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010-03-29 21:27:11 »

I want to add the files of the german localization.
-cd
  -cr_gm.lgp
  -disc_gm.lgp
      gdisk*.tex
      g_over_*.tex
-field
  -gflevel.lgp
-menu
  -menu_gm.lgp
-minigame
  -gchocobo.lgp
  -gcondor.lgp
      dhelp*.tim
      dmes*.txd
      dunit*.txd
  -gsub.lgp
      ghud*.txd
      gtext*.txd
  -high-ge.lgp
  -snowboard-ge.lgp
      ga.tex
      gb.tex
      gc.tex
      geita_k.tex
      gg.tex
      gstamp*.tex
      gtime*.tex
-wm
  -world_gm.lgp

Hope that I didn't miss something...
Thanks!! That's really useful information, it's weird that some of the files end in "gm" and some end in "ge"...

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #67 on: 2010-03-29 21:43:27 »
please send me a copy of your files to me via a pm . thanks for the donation

aNUbiS

« Reply #68 on: 2010-03-30 09:41:58 »
Yes, it's really weird... but it is a consequently procedure throughout the whole game, the translation on the PSX is one of the worst I've ever seen...  :roll:
"Materia" was called "Substance" and Rufus was called different every time he showed up, like Rufaus, Rufhaus, Rúfes and so on...

They used four different types: g, ge, gm and d (d stands for "Deutsch")

@sithlord48: I've sent you the link by PM.

--EDIT--
I forgot: I'm glad to be of use :)
« Last Edit: 2010-03-30 10:37:44 by aNUbiS »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #69 on: 2010-03-30 13:14:13 »
awesome will try to get that up asap! thanks again for your donation

aNUbiS

« Reply #70 on: 2010-03-30 13:46:00 »
my pleasure :)
If I can do anything else related with the german localization, I will try to help.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010-03-31 01:52:13 »
my pleasure :)
If I can do anything else related with the german localization, I will try to help.
Hrm, well if you say that the German translation is off, perhaps you can start a project to see if you can do better and use "Loveless" and "WallMarket" to fix mistranslations in the dialogue (gflevel.lgp) and names (kernel2.bin). Loveless is pretty user friendly, it's even got a "Search and Replace" tool which makes correcting mistranslations a lot easier.

I've been working to make FFVII Remix be fully compatible with all languages, so now's a good time to take up an endeavor like this if you'd like.

aNUbiS

« Reply #72 on: 2010-03-31 10:49:30 »
Hrm, well if you say that the German translation is off, perhaps you can start a project to see if you can do better and use "Loveless" and "WallMarket" to fix mistranslations in the dialogue (gflevel.lgp) and names (kernel2.bin). Loveless is pretty user friendly, it's even got a "Search and Replace" tool which makes correcting mistranslations a lot easier.

I've been working to make FFVII Remix be fully compatible with all languages, so now's a good time to take up an endeavor like this if you'd like.

Sure I'd like. The only problem is that I don't speak japanese. If I take your translation from Remix instead, would you have a problem with that?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010-03-31 14:32:16 »

Sure I'd like. The only problem is that I don't speak japanese. If I take your translation from Remix instead, would you have a problem with that?
Not at all.

aNUbiS

« Reply #74 on: 2010-03-31 17:32:02 »