Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008259 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05b)
« Reply #3150 on: 2016-10-16 07:44:00 »
I stand corrected. The vid I saw must have been from PC then (even though it labelled itself PSX).  But I think it's safe to say the mouth was meant to be there but they didn't have time to fix the issue - so in PSX they removed them and in PC they left it with the O shape haha.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-16 09:00:39 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 2016-10-16 15:34:37 »
I have a suspicion... does anyone want to check on an emulator, both at a high resolution and at the PS1's native resolution? I would not be at all surprised if he technically had a line mouth in PS1 but it never showed at that size. But I'm too lazy to verify this, so I could be completely off-base.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 2016-10-16 15:44:02 »
I played recently the psx game because of the different lighting and no there isn't a mouth.

mttiw

• View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 2016-10-16 20:25:49 »
Whatever the conclusion is with the mouth dilemma, I'm glad to see it added. Just make sure to check it with the save file I posted a while back, as using the Mouth Remover mod after applying Reunion is what was causing the ill-reported crash.
    Anyways, I few errors I noticed more minor errors I noticed during my play-through:
    • Capitalization error when entering a Chocobo Race, the attendant says "Good Luck!" as opposed to "Good luck!".
    • After finishing the Special Battle in the Battle Square for the first time, after the popup for "Received Final Attack Materia", there was another popup claiming something around the lines of "Not enough space for left for materia, please make room." even though I have nearly 100 spaces left.. the materia was added properly anyways.
    • I should have taken a screenshot of this, but after a successful romp in the Battle Square, the textbook prompt akin to "BP Gained: 10,000 Total BP: 20,000" had some sort of overflow error, where the BP Gained numbers (something over 12,000 at least) pushed into the next line, and the Total BP line was not displayed.
    • I experienced a similar soft-lock that was reported earlier (after using Added Effect = Hades) but this also occurred when simply using [Added Effect = Transform].
    • I can't be entirely confident on this report, as I cannot recall if this is how it was in the original game. However, during the climb on Nordpol, whenever you're outside (climbing, with your core temperature dropping) there was no music or sound effects (other than Cloud's "grabbing" sound when climbing). I remember there being wind/storm sound effects.

Thanks again for all your hard work, DLPB & co.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 2016-10-16 23:56:27 »
Whatever the conclusion is with the mouth dilemma, I'm glad to see it added. Just make sure to check it with the save file I posted a while back, as using the Mouth Remover mod after applying Reunion is what was causing the ill-reported crash.

Will do.

Anyways, I few errors I noticed more minor errors I noticed during my play-through:
  • Capitalization error when entering a Chocobo Race, the attendant says "Good Luck!" as opposed to "Good luck!".

No need to report grammar issues until R06 - there are hundreds of them and I'll be running through it all as I fix the boxes too. I'll correct this though.

• After finishing the Special Battle in the Battle Square for the first time, after the popup for "Received Final Attack Materia", there was another popup claiming something around the lines of "Not enough space for left for materia, please make room." even though I have nearly 100 spaces left.. the materia was added properly anyways.

This is the kind of error that happens when you correct so many jumps and I knew there had to be an oversight somewhere.  I'll recheck this map and fix it. Shame the original script programmer was so lazy and untidy.

• I should have taken a screenshot of this, but after a successful romp in the Battle Square, the textbook prompt akin to "BP Gained: 10,000 Total BP: 20,000" had some sort of overflow error, where the BP Gained numbers (something over 12,000 at least) pushed into the next line, and the Total BP line was not displayed.

Already reported. Already on the Reunion Database. See first post.

• I experienced a similar soft-lock that was reported earlier (after using Added Effect = Hades) but this also occurred when simply using [Added Effect = Transform].

It's definitely something I've done with the hacky 60fps mod.

• I can't be entirely confident on this report, as I cannot recall if this is how it was in the original game. However, during the climb on Nordpol, whenever you're outside (climbing, with your core temperature dropping) there was no music or sound effects (other than Cloud's "grabbing" sound when climbing). I remember there being wind/storm sound effects.

This is normal.

I have a suspicion... does anyone want to check on an emulator, both at a high resolution and at the PS1's native resolution? I would not be at all surprised if he technically had a line mouth in PS1 but it never showed at that size. But I'm too lazy to verify this, so I could be completely off-base.

Checked with emulator.  Definitely no mouths in PSX version.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-17 00:02:10 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 2016-10-23 12:28:17 »
The battle freeze when status has been added to enemy is to do with my fix for the flickering summons. God knows why that's doing this.  It shouldn't really.  But then again the summon fix is a pile of shit anyway haha.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 2016-10-24 14:39:20 »
I'm redoing the 60fps mod.  Turns out my old way is doomed to failure.  Parts of the game simply will not work when using the current method. It's going quite well so far.  The new way should also sort other issues like missing textures (such as bullet fire) and any flickering.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 2016-10-24 19:16:33 »
I don't know if it'll be actual 60 FPS (as in not just duplicated frames) but as long as it fixes the "Target" symbol not accurately keeping with the actual target I'm fine.
tho honestly 60 FPS on the PC version in general is fine  ;)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 2016-10-24 20:22:49 »
It's still psx style but properly done.  NFITC1 has just made a nice discovery that fixes the stupid numbers messing up with the new method.  Not sure what you mean with target.  Got pic?

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 2016-10-24 21:16:52 »

It usually doesn't appear unless the camera itself is facing the enemy (i.e. using magic), but I do like using the Target function, and it feels weird when there are multiple for a single character.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 2016-10-24 21:20:07 »
That's actually on purpose I think.  I already know about it - but I figured it was done to give the illusion of a trailing target.  Clearly it is drawing two target's one after another. It makes it look like the target is trying to follow the enemy... a cheap way to make a trail effect.  On other hand... it could be that they drew it twice by mistake.  It isn't related to The Reunion changes.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 2016-10-24 22:16:24 »
Good news is the new method is working. May need some more testing but it's a damn site better than before already. 

I also discussed with NFITC1 the possibility of making a hybrid of the old project.  It should be possible to have interpolation in all areas apart from Summon / Magic.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 2016-10-25 01:30:16 »
I also discussed with NFITC1 the possibility of making a hybrid of the old project.  It should be possible to have interpolation in all areas apart from Summon / Magic.
This is probably my favorite post you've made.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 2016-10-25 14:11:43 »
Thought you'd like ;)  But it really should be possible.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 2016-10-27 15:49:06 »
NFITC1 has fixed up one of the death animation speeds - and fixed the number display speed in battle. The melting death animation is also fixed (the enemy will no longer display whole for a frame after melting).  I've sorted the rest and so we now have a working 60fps mod with one exception (Tifa's somersault crashes the game. Not sure if related).  I just have to fix the fade-in and make sure that parts are working correctly. It's going to take a bit of comparison work - timing various actions.

edit.

Tifa's Somersault and Surface Sweep crashes are fixed.  Seems certain magic functions do not like the new method of drawing all frames and refreshing all frames when at the same time using pause function to limit magic speed.  The real dilemma now is that this may not be a limited thing... there are thousands of these handlers and if two of them are known to fail... how many more will?  If it happens again, I will need to look at the actual underlying cause to see if a general fix can be made.

So far so good...  no other crashes.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-27 20:39:39 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 2016-10-27 18:31:29 »
Lucky Girl (Cait Sith) is probably meant to be "Lady Luck".  I think it's the Highwind girl who is depicted.  Same lady.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 2016-10-28 22:51:18 »
I have sent up-to-date files to NFITC1. The current issues that remain are:

breath of the earth flickers FIXED
cid jumps weird.
cloud jump weird on crime hazard (v likely related to issue with cid).
death (skull animation) is broken (should be easy to fix)
chocobokkuru (chocobuckle) is broken.
jerky movement sometimes - especially noticable when rufus escapes on the helicopter.

- Bahamut Zero is broken.

But other than some teething problems, this really is a much better system.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-29 01:35:03 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 2016-10-30 01:36:31 »
The last map issue with Holy not appearing on its own is fixed.  Ilducci edited the background out of the field and then I added it as a new field in place of blackbgd.  Then script edits were made to make it all work together with the original field.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 2016-10-31 01:14:50 »
Although another error has cropped up.  The background FMV in lastmap is set to 15fps and not 30. This means movement / animations are halved.  This FMV should be 30fps.

cold_spirit

• View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 2016-10-31 10:47:02 »
That's actually on purpose I think.  I already know about it - but I figured it was done to give the illusion of a trailing target.  Clearly it is drawing two target's one after another. It makes it look like the target is trying to follow the enemy... a cheap way to make a trail effect.  On other hand... it could be that they drew it twice by mistake.  It isn't related to The Reunion changes.

There isn't a "trailing" effect in the PSX version. A single Target symbol follows each enemy.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 2016-10-31 13:22:50 »
Thanks for that. In that case it's been drawn twice. I'll look into fixing.

Edit.  It doesn't seem to be doing it with latest 60fps changes - so perhaps this is just an error with how PC rendered the battle originally.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-31 14:39:56 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 2016-11-02 18:01:39 »
Looks like we're almost good for r05c. Just fixing some remaining issues. Grimmy is having a look at transparent issue. Also need kaldarasha to have a look at why steam version has issue with cloud at chocobo races.

Also note I am getting a lot of general questions from a few users in PM so I've done some culling to the PM list.  This is nothing personal, I am just very busy.  Any questions should be placed on Qhimm's.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-05 03:31:52 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 2016-11-07 06:14:48 »
60fps model movements that were too fast - or didn't animate - have been fixed. This included Sepher Sephiroth entrance.
60fps crashes have been fixed.
60fps flickering has been largely fixed.
60fps help menu flickering is fixed.

Virtually everything is fixed. There are some things that will need manual tuning. So far these remain:

Bahamut Zero flickering.
Death Sentence skull too fast
Death model with scythe too fast.
Chocobokkuru too fast.

May be some other exceptions.

Canzah

• View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 2016-11-07 14:36:20 »
I stumbled upon this today after deciding to replay the game, but I see there's some new r05c version planned.

Any ETA on it? I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of days but if it were to be longer I'd probably start with 5b.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 2016-11-07 20:17:44 »
It will only be a few days.  I don't usually give ETA - but I've been pushing this time to get it done quickly.  Sadly, I forgot my post count.  Was meant to be released on 7777 posts :(