Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 497008 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #500 on: 2016-03-20 02:53:52 »
I am reorganizing the main char folders so that conflicts between files no longer happens.  There is no conceivable reason why we should have 6 or more Cloud models, when nearly all files are shared. It's become a bit of a mess.  I am on it :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2016-03-20 21:52:10 »
I am looking at the Aerith burial scene... just before the FMV.  Cloud is supposed to be submerged in water.  To achieve this effect the game seems to draw a blue colour over the lower half of Cloud's model.

This seems to fail with your model.  It looks more like Cloud's model has a bug and is walking on water than it does submerging in water. Plus parts, like his shoes, are unaffected by the draw. Can this be fixed? 

edit.

Seems the Kawai opcode (opcode 28, function 08) doesn't work like it does in PSX (surprise surprise).  In PSX, the colouring effect looks more like water (it's transparent?).  In PC it's a solid blue colour, even with the original models.  Still, the blue effect is not covering your cloud model where it should.  One of the shoes is not coloured at all.

edit 2.

I have also corrected sephiroth's sitting animation in the truck.  So no newspaper needed.  That always struck me as a silly work around anyway. 
« Last Edit: 2016-03-21 04:25:36 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2016-03-21 07:37:41 »
Okay, I knew that it can be fixed, somehow. I remember that I had it working with my Cloud. My assumption was that it has something to do with the quantity of parts a model uses, because it worked when I removed the sword from his back. It might be now a problem with the exclusion of the pauldron to the shoulder bone
The workaround I have planed for it is to make a new model for that seen which has no legs (maybe removing the hip as well) or I test if he pauldron really is the problem and if yes, I could merge it with the upper arm again. It could also be a bug with the vertices type.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2016-03-21 08:09:06 »
I've done the same - added a new hrc with no legs.  Looks ok.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2016-03-22 22:49:27 »
In folder

Char\Extra\Soldier

There is "aaad.hrc" file.  This conflicts with Cloud's added "aaad.hrc" file.  I am not sure what this "extra" soldier is about.  It doesn't appear to be needed in game, either.

Also, all of these soldier models use aaad.hrc rather than unique identifiers.

edit

question 2:

aaax: Zack with Buster Sword
aaaz: Zack brandishing Buster Sword
ejdc: Zack with Buster Sword
ibgd: Zack brandishing Buster Sword

Why are aaax and ejdc the same?
Why are aaaz and ibgd the same?

They look the same in game.  In fact, they ARE the same.  So I've removed them.

Question 3:

Why is there a Young Cloud model (aaab and aaac)?  I understand that you want this to be here in Cloud's Past scenes, but I'm not sure it even fits.  What's the difference?  Black 1st class Soldier outfit?  Are 1st class soldiers usually dressed this way?  I don't recall that being the case.

edit.  So from what I can gather, 1st 2nd 3rd class have their own colour scheme with visor.  And ordinary soldier's have blue with the 3 infrared lights?

So 1st 2nd 3rd have no infrared, but normal soldiers do?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 11:01:02 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2016-03-23 08:23:49 »
More issues:

1. You have the unused model mixed up.  ERHA  is used.  BGJC is not.
I have renamed this to correct it.

2. Your ERHA model (above) is not carrying Jenova's head.  It appears to be carrying part of her head at the same time as a book.

3. Your script fix for nvmkin22 is broken (I have fixed it up so that Cloud actually disarms Zax properly and so that ERHA is used.
You may also want to add your Younger Cloud model to it, as I use the normal Cloud).

4. Your nivgate2 fix did not fix the problem with Cloud model being in view at bottom of screen correctly.  I have fixed this.
You may also want to add your Younger Cloud model to it, as I use the normal Cloud.

5. I have fixed Blue_2 to use aaag (a new hrc file I have made) so only the top half of Cloud's body is seen.

6. I have also fixed up midgal script.  Now, Cloud and Zax appear off screen when the screen loads.  Also, Cloud lands in roughly the same position as he is later seen after the screen scrolls down (I had to modify an animation file to accomplish this - as this is an original game error).

« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 08:44:04 by DLPB »

ProtoX

« Reply #506 on: 2016-03-23 14:55:34 »
let's not forget Jessie's hair bug when she shows Cloud the map on the train after the bombing mission.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2016-03-24 15:00:02 »
let's not forget Jessie's hair bug when she shows Cloud the map on the train after the bombing mission.

hmm?

edit.

Ah - no model for that.  So I used prp that has an issue with the hair.  I can fix this though...  It should be very easy.  I'll test later.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 15:08:16 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2016-03-25 03:06:55 »
Wasn't as easy as I hoped.  But Kal would likely fix it in no time.  Already have the Jessie model - just got to make it work with that scene and those animations.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2016-03-26 12:58:16 »
Wasn't as easy as I hoped.  But Kal would likely fix it in no time.  Already have the Jessie model - just got to make it work with that scene and those animations.

Sure if I had the time to do something like that, however I'm sure I made a model for that scene... the problem is I was never able to test it, because for some reasons I had no models appearing in that scene.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2016-03-26 13:08:42 »
No models appearing in the scene?  Is it possible you can use Ochu (have English version?)  and then you can just keep jumping to that map to test.

I am also sorting all models we have - both yours and any others I have used - and putting them into a new improved database for you.  It will help. No more duplicate .p files - and no more confusion.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2016-03-26 13:58:04 »
It's not so important at the moment. Currently I research a way to animate Sephiroth coat in a better way. Sadly I can only use up to 29 bones, because Kimera can't write new animation files out of the box and needs an existing one. My first test didn't worked so well, so I swapped my idea and try to let it look similar to Ceifer's coat as in FFVIII.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2016-03-29 13:44:57 »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Kl04es5qkqTHpDX3FhV015Ym8/view

password is KAL

OK, this has taken me quite a while to do.  I've also thrown in my new batch file "lgp_edit".

I've sorted the main characters into their own complete folder. There are no duplicates.
Cloud's folder has two NPC soldiers in with him to avoid conflicts and I've also fixed a big issue with the gun / helmet being in conflict (uses ajaf2.rsd).
I have added aaag.hrc for Cloud - see the included Database.
I have fixed some animations - see the included Database.
I've added several script fixes (see flevel folder).
Custom models all have their own main custom folder.
Sephiroth with Newspaper is no longer needed due to animation fix.

Included with this pack are all the models on the To-Do list (from PRP etc) .

And, finally, I have totally overhauled the database.

Also, do you still need the correct translation for Tifa?  You mention it in the database (BUAC)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2016-03-30 12:58:06 »
Correction.  Both BGJC and ERHA are used. 

It's a little odd because it looks like both are the same model holding Jenova's head (although BGJC looks like the sword is white - because it uses the masamune model separately).  They are both part of the same scene.

ERHA is used on nvmkin22

and  BGJC is used on nvmkin1

So both hrc files are needed.  It should be fine to just duplicate ERHA.hrc and name to BGJC.hrc, so we then have both.  Remember to correct the database, as I have BGJC as unused.

I've also realized there is a script error.  The Cloud soldier that pursues Sephiroth out of the reactor should be carrying a sword. I'll fix that and add it here. 
« Last Edit: 2016-03-31 02:54:21 by DLPB »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2016-04-02 12:32:00 »
hey

how hard is this mod

and how hard is it to setup this mod

and does this mod have all new enemies and bosses on it as well

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2016-04-02 12:49:16 »
hey

how hard is this mod

and how hard is it to setup this mod

and does this mod have all new enemies and bosses on it as well

This is only a model overhaul. I'm currently to bussy IRL to really work on, but I do a bit here and there to test a few things.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2016-04-21 19:26:17 »
Small progress update on Team Avalanche

I focus on the heads for now and try to make them more similar to the original art and the re-release footage. As much as I'm not a fan of SE plans for the remake, they have created the models of Biggs, Wedge and Jessie pretty close to the original art.

jmp434

• https://www.paypal.me/jmp434
    • View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #517 on: 2016-04-21 19:31:59 »
Hi, great job Kalderasha, you'll be able to pass a Jessie soon :)
Think you can give a little more texture to the reliefs, such as straps Wedge?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2016-04-22 15:29:55 »
Do these look like the original models, though? - the shapes and so on.  Otherwise, it's moving away from the design.  Which you;re free to do of course - I'm talking about for Reunion,.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2016-04-22 15:45:01 »
Looks good man

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2016-04-23 15:49:01 »
Do these look like the original models, though? - the shapes and so on.  Otherwise, it's moving away from the design.  Which you;re free to do off course - I'm talking about for Reunion,.

The models will be designed closer to the original artworks. So correct pants colors and removing gear which shouldn't be there.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2016-04-23 17:51:09 »
I mean the face shape / structure.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2016-04-28 21:03:08 »
I mean the face shape / structure.

Much more as they are before made by me.
Though I have to release the models as they are. The faces are more or less final (only some shading needs to be done to add some extra details) the bodies need some finetuning.
https://mega.nz/#!aAsmzZ7Z!hvi8k6-LM_aWKCmMWB1ygYXCdopa30i_yp1GpHVeTMU

Edit: sorry for the mess  :-[
But it's my test folder  that's why Cloud is in there, too. (with more detail btw.  :-P)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-28 21:05:24 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2016-06-10 20:51:29 »
Not much but a smal progress update of Jessie.
From this                                                     to                                                          this.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2016-06-10 20:56:02 »
Nice work Kaldarasha! I already liked Jessie's field model to begin with, but this just looks even better! She looks more proportionate now, nice work!