Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Different music to a specific battle?  (Read 5398 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
Hey guys, I've created some time ago a post about how to add more music to the game, since no one answered that I had another idea and needed some help with it.
I have the Cactilio v0.2 and can change the battle units, but is there a way to choose which music will play in that specific unit?
My idea is: I'm making some secret Boss Fights in some places, when killing then you earn some great prizes. For then I wanted to play "512 Galbadia GARDEN (Alternate - UNUSED)" (I edited this music for this secret boss fight) instead of a normal fight ost.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-25 08:27:10 by Hazedge »

Leythalknight

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Different music to a specific battle?
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-26 00:07:38 »
If the fight is triggered through interacting with something on the field (like Cerberus, Bahamut, etc.), you can use the opcode SETBATTLEMUSIC to change what music plays.

The only other way I can think of would involve using enemy attacks programmed to change the music, like those used in the final boss fight series.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-26 05:25:44 »
If the fight is triggered through interacting with something on the field (like Cerberus, Bahamut, etc.), you can use the opcode SETBATTLEMUSIC to change what music plays.

The only other way I can think of would involve using enemy attacks programmed to change the music, like those used in the final boss fight series.
You mean the only way is using 'SETBATTLEMUSIC' inside a enemy AI, putting it in 'Init' tab?

Leythalknight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-26 16:51:55 »
You mean the only way is using 'SETBATTLEMUSIC' inside a enemy AI, putting it in 'Init' tab?

Nah, with Deling. That's why it has to be something you trigger in a field map.

Since the last boss fights use enemy attacks to change the music, I assume there's no "change music" command for enemy AI.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-27 01:46:00 »
Nah, with Deling. That's why it has to be something you trigger in a field map.

Since the last boss fights use enemy attacks to change the music, I assume there's no "change music" command for enemy AI.
Alright, with Deling only...
Is there a post that teaches how to do so? To trigger a music in a specific battle group?

Leythalknight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-10-27 10:45:12 »
Alright, with Deling only...
Is there a post that teaches how to do so? To trigger a music in a specific battle group?

PSHN_L      X
SETBATTLEMUSIC

Where "X" is the number of the music track (512 in your case), but I think you'd need to add another entity to the field. Deling doesn't have that functionality, so you'd have to find another way to do it. Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. The only workaround I can think of is repurposing existing entities into triggers for battles. Editing Draw Points would be least invasive, though I've never tried anything like this before.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-10-27 23:41:22 »
I was looking around Deling and found the Cerberus fight event (ID 685, found in field.fs)

Looking at monster0 and talk, I've found this code:
Code: [Select]
LBL         52
UCOFF
PSHM_B      VAR344
PSHN_L      128
CAL         OR
POPM_B      VAR344
PSHN_L      13
SETBATTLEMUSIC
PSHN_L      118
PSHN_L      0
BATTLE
BATTLERESULT
PSHI_L      TEMP0
PSHN_L      4
CAL         EQ
JPF         LABEL0
HIDE
THROUGHON
TALKOFF
PSHN_L      12
MENUNAME
LABEL0
PSHN_L      5
SETBATTLEMUSIC
UCON
RET         8

Looking at PSHN_L and SETBATTLEMUSIC in sequence, I noticed the PSHN_L 13 above and PSHN_L 5 below, showing that the event change the music to 13 Force Your Way and then gone back to 05 Don't Be Afraid.
Now the challenge is how to put it in random battles... Or if possible, to just create a new NPC and put him to enter a battle like the Ultimecia's bosses in her castle.

EDIT:
The PSHN_L 118 means the Cerberus battle, but how would I put the code to recognize this? Just putting it below SETBATTLEMUSIC? Or theres something else I'm not seeing?
« Last Edit: 2018-10-27 23:44:42 by Hazedge »

Leythalknight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-10-28 00:05:24 »
EDIT:
The PSHN_L 118 means the Cerberus battle, but how would I put the code to recognize this? Just putting it below SETBATTLEMUSIC? Or theres something else I'm not seeing?

It uses the Opcode BATTLE. http://wiki.ffrtt.ru/index.php/FF8/Field/Script/Opcodes/069_BATTLE

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-10-28 01:27:33 »
I'm being able to see the codes inside the places, how can I see the encounters in worldmap?

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-10-28 08:15:38 »
I'm being able to see the codes inside the places, how can I see the encounters in worldmap?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17064.0
Open wmset>  edit encounters

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-10-28 10:14:40 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17064.0
Open wmset>  edit encounters
Whoa! Thats a pretty cool program you made there... But unless I'm suppose to put it elsewhere, the program is not opening correctly for me.
It stop working, forcing me to shut down. The console opens up though.