Author Topic: Lag FMVs, A grey Title screen and no new game or continue option showing, and..  (Read 5332 times)

gamefreak07

All the FMVs in game are lagging all the time, the title screen is all grey and newgame/continue option doesn't show but the controls still work. So, I decided to do new game but when I did the FMV of that was extremely slow, and when it got to the part to where Cloud was talking to himself he repeated his sentence twice. After that, when they jumped off the train Barret started talking to Cloud but the chatbox showed up empty and blinking. Same with the menu screen, I hit the menu button and it started to blink, back and forth showing nothing but that.

I followed by the instructions on how to install the game correctly, but when I applied an old Aali's opengl patch that came with it, I had an OpenGl error *Fixed do to updating my computer, not to long ago*. Anyways, this happened with Aali's old gl patch, so when I installed the new one, same thing happened again *As mentioned above in the first paragraph*. I can't figure out what's wrong? I intsalled, and reinstalled the game 5 times. Also to note, when I tried download the gl patch and extracting it to the FF7 directory, an error came up in the process saying access is denied, and also saying it can't find the specified path. Even, though it exists in that path.

Same thing happens, when I tried to edit the ff7_gl file. It said it couldn't find the specified path. I'm not using the Ultima edition of the, but a full version. I installed the Chocobo patch, truemotion codec, and a 1.8gb FF7 Remix installer *It just replaces the graphics with more modern ones* as well. I don't know if those are the problem, I just want this game working again.

Update-
I installed my Server Pack 1, and reinstalled the game going to try things again.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-29 10:29:07 by gamefreak07 »

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Try running it without any mods. You could also try using Direct 3D in the config. Let us know what comes up.

gamefreak07

Nope, still get a grey screen if it helps here is my computer specs:

512MB Ram
Windows Vista 32bit
82954G Express Chipset 64MB Video Card
Pentium 4 Processor 3.33Ghz

Also, how do I run it without mods? Because, I still want the graphics to be a whole lot better than its psx counterpart.

Update-
It works now, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Without the FF7 Remix installer, and installed the new opengl patch, but I still need better graphics. How do I go about doing this?
« Last Edit: 2011-07-29 11:23:36 by gamefreak07 »

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Your graphics card is pretty substandard nowadays. If the gfx mods are giving you problems, you might want to get a new graphics card because that may be the problem.

gamefreak07

I don't have the money for such a thing right now, I think I will try Avalanches High Res patch.

Kompass63

• View Profile
I think I will try Avalanches High Res patch

Please, please, please report here if this solution works, that I really want to know!

:)

gamefreak07

I wish I could help on that end, but I'm having some trouble with the High Res patch which I explained in the Problem thread of Avalanche.

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
It really might be your gfx card.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
I can see three problems with your rig already.

1. Your outdated graphics card (as stated above).
2. You're running Vista.
3. 512MB of ram. How can you run anything with that much ram on Vista?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I can see three problems with your rig already.

1. Your outdated graphics card (as stated above).
2. You're running Vista.
3. 512MB of ram. How can you run anything with that much ram on Vista?
2 and 3 likely aren't the cause of this issue though, they're just larger scale regular-type problems.

I would be willing to bet that it's the graphics card. Go to the manufacturer's website and see if there's updated drivers for it, that MIGHT help.

gamefreak07

2 and 3 likely aren't the cause of this issue though, they're just larger scale regular-type problems.

I would be willing to bet that it's the graphics card. Go to the manufacturer's website and see if there's updated drivers for it, that MIGHT help.

I tried that a while back ago, there wasn't any updated graphics drivers on the website. I don't think they support this type of integrated graphics card anymore.

Kompass63

• View Profile
Hi gamefreak07

if you have an 'IntelĀ® 82945G Express Chipset', you maybe should read this article.

gamefreak07

Hi gamefreak07

if you have an 'IntelĀ® 82945G Express Chipset', you maybe should read this article.

That sucks, still though Aali's opengl patch still works when using Custom Driver option in the FF7 Config. What do I do now, about the Avalanche patch?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Try setting shaders to off under advanced options thats what fixed it for me