Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845075 times)

shikulja

• View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #125 on: 2013-12-14 23:53:10 »

not working export for this simbols
/translating on russian/

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2013-12-15 22:26:02 »
Update.
This version is quiet incomplete for several reasons, but I'm afraid I won't work on the program a lot for the christmas period...
- You can now change the charmap's image (it's in the "Text" panel) and so the whole alphabet the game uses,
- Some others UI images became also editable in the process,
- Improved the "Preferences" options,
- Thus, you can now open Final Fantasy IX, the japanese version !
- Fixed some bugs.

About what's not complete :
- The letters' width is not editable yet. If you replace a letter by another one bigger, it will render weirdely in-game. In the following example of what I mean, the latin alphabet has been replaced by the same alphabet, but bigger :

- Some of the charmap textures use really few colors and take the advantage of that to have 2 different textures painted at the same place. You can't use that trick yet when you import your own texture.
- I have seen some bugs with the .ppf conversion of Battle Scenes but I didn't fixed it yet.
- For now, I suggest you to go to the "Preferences" options before opening any file, select the alphabet you want, and then only open a file. You should be able to swap between alphabets whenever you want in the next release, but it's still in-progress.

And last but not least : I have included 2 charmaps in "HadesWorkshop.conf". Those are the only ones I know because they are on the qhimm wiki. If you want to read files using other charmaps (random example : the cyrillic alphabet :P ), you'll have to PM it to me (the whole charmap, TITS all the symbols used in FFIX's texts and their order, just like these) so I can add it to the program. You can also try to add it yourself into "HadesWorkshop.conf" using the same syntax than for the others. "HadesWorkshop.conf" is coded with utf-8 and must remain so.

shikulja, I won't add an "Import all the texts" feature for now : you'll have to simply copy/paste them from you notepad to the program.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2013-12-17 02:01:00 »
WOW O_o  impressive!

you need to add
intro image with text
names of cities and continents
images from a card game tetra (images with text)
Images of the main menu - a new game, continue
image with text - game over
« Last Edit: 2013-12-17 03:00:56 by shikulja »

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2013-12-17 03:29:29 »
(And last but not least )
It works! when I pick up all the letters and symbols I will send you.
yet in'm slightly shocked)) is what I dreamed)

RussianPirate Charmap  Kudos and RGR
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Bbbdpi5BzBMVQ3WmlQZGdYNFE/edit?usp=sharing

in the game

Because of limitations - a lot of cuts (

« Last Edit: 2013-12-17 16:24:51 by shikulja »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2014-01-02 22:15:00 »
Updated for a bug-fix version (mainly).
- There were several bugs in savings. In short, PPF exportation didn't work when textures were involved and mod saves couldn't be read properly some texts (saves are not corrupted however).
- When you load mods and it says "There are unused things in this disc", the unused things are not discarded anymore when you save your mod back. A mod file can thus contain all the datas about the 4 discs at the same time (it was best to have 1 mod per disc until now because of these datas not used in each of them).
- The rendering problem of letters described in my previous update has been replaced by another  :-D The letters' size are very roughly adjusted from the picture's width. It's not precise a lot so there may be a little difference with normal letters' spacing.

I'm gonna add the other texts to the tool progressively.

Happy new year btw.

Thisguyaresick2

« Reply #130 on: 2014-01-04 20:45:27 »
Hey Tirlititi, I'd like to change Ozma's HP to 1,000,000, but it's not working. Is it because the game's limited to a maximum of 65535 HP?

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2014-01-04 21:43:02 »
Yeah, HP is assigned to two bytes, and most bosses have 10000 HP off of that. 55535 is Ozma's actual HP, the highest possible amount.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 20:49:39 by JBedford128 »

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2014-01-09 19:22:45 »
You're amazing!

Thanks for your work and Happy New Year. :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #133 on: 2014-01-20 14:00:28 »
dropping in to say how much I appreciate the work you're doing and how much I'm looking forward to one day being able to create extensive overhauls of FF9

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #134 on: 2014-01-20 21:06:29 »
...being able to create extensive overhauls of FF9

Wow...! That was quite a bomb statement! Looking forward to that myself :P :P

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2014-01-21 16:28:13 »
Haha, I wished I could go that far. Thanks for the cheers, I appreciate ^^

I guess I'm going to make one more little update before attacking the next big release. I have found another bug in saving games (this one is not my fault ! That was because of a weirdery in FFIX's datas) and I'll make it so you can import 2 pages in the charmap textures.
I've begun to make a mod myself, so I did some tests about effects and battle mechanics. I'll also put them in the help.

By the way, did you know that a fire spell cures the Frozen status? I find this kind of little subtleties great in RPGs  ;D

Thisguyaresick2

« Reply #136 on: 2014-01-31 14:14:57 »
I'm having a problem here. The program crashes whenever I try to edit King Leo's name in the 'Enemies' section (I press backspace and then it crashes). It happened with the enemy party 'King Leo; Zenero; Benero'. I was editing Disc 1, by the way.

I also have a question: is it possible to add opcodes to the text with this tool?

Edit: More crashes. This time happened while renaming Ironite's Flame attack. I don't know what's going on.

Edit2: It also happened while renaming Sahagin's Water-gun, while pressing backspace.

Edit3: I applied the ppf patch I created with HW on Disc 2, and now this message appears in HW:
An unhadled exception occurred. Press "Abort" to terminate the program, "Retry" to exit the program normally and "Ignore" to try to continue.
It appears every time I go to the Enemies section. :(

Note: The error reported on Edit 3 is not related to the other ones.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-01 21:05:22 by Kikoutei »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2014-02-02 08:15:43 »
I don't know what's going on either :/

But you shouldn't open patched games with Hades Workshop (there is 1 unsafe thing : export a patch when the file on your disc has been modified somehow). Patches/overwrite binary should be used only to create the final version of the game. Use the "Save Mod" (Ctrl+S) option to save changes that you want to go back to later.

I'm releasing an updated version then. There is the bug-fix I talked about in my previous post : it may come from there (though it was pretty harmless if you only used "Save Mod"). You can also import 2 pages of charmaps instead of 1, increasing a bit the number/size of characters you can draw for a custom alphabet.

You were using the version 0.21b, right?

Anyway, I hope it'll be fixed without too much pain ^^' Sorry about that.

Thisguyaresick2

« Reply #138 on: 2014-02-02 11:34:32 »
Yeah, it was the version 0.21b indeed.

And, well, the 'Save Mod' option is having some errors, that's why I'm using 'Export PPF Patch' instead. Some of these errors don't let me save the Memoria text block, claiming that the text was unused, when in fact, it wasn't.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2014-02-02 11:52:46 »
It says "data unused in this disc" : it only means that the Memoria text block doesn't exist in disc 1-3. You mean you opened your mod file on disc 4 and it said "Unused text block" about the Memoria text block?

Thisguyaresick2

« Reply #140 on: 2014-02-02 11:54:58 »
Oops, I forgot to mention the disc, sorry. Yeah, it was Disc 4.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2014-02-02 12:10:14 »
That's a bug, then, yes.
Hum.... Maybe the japanese version has some differences about that? I don't have the disc 4 : I do my tests (about the japanese version) on disc 1 and didn't experience bugs like this for now.

I'll try to get where it comes from. Thanks a bunch for telling me.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2014-03-28 15:08:29 »
Update to version 0.22.

- Supporting abilities are now available to edit.
--- Only name, help and magic stone cost can be edited for now.

- Stats are now available to edit.
--- You can change the experience recquired to level up as well as the HP/MP progression curve,
--- You can change the default name, primary stats (at lvl 1) and ability list for each characters (the 8 permanents + the 4 temporaries). Note that the "ability list" also completes the edition of the commands.

- Items are now available to edit.
--- For key items, you can change the name, help and description,
--- For regular items, you can change most of things about them (except for the way ores impact eidolons).

- Added the few items' effect to the spell effect list though the formulas aren't relevant for spell uses,
- You may now make Quina learn supporting abilities when s/he eat an enemy (the supporting ability name is not properly displayed when s/he does, though :/),
- Added a way to change the palette selection for making the importation of custom charmaps easier,
- Fixed few visual bugs.

Next things I would like to do are :
- Adding Tetra master's cards edition,
- Adding a Damage Calculator tool (if anyone wants to help me on this, that would be great ^^),
- Adding a way to edit/add text opcodes (at least for the basic ones),
- Fixing that bug Thisguyaresick2 told of... I couldn't reproduce it even though I didn't spend much time on it,
- Completing every things not complete yet, such as the eidolons' power boosts or casting words...

Have fun. Those things should have been editable much sooner since you guys and LandonRay made the documentation about this since a long time ^^'

EDIT : update to version 0.22b : fixed a fatal error bug when some text was copied/pasted + fixed a bug making a weapon's elemental attack non editable.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-30 15:55:32 by Tirlititi »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2014-04-06 22:41:37 »
Update to 0.23.
- Synthesis shops are now available to edit.
- Fixed a bug with key items' descriptions on some versions of the game.
- Fixed a bug on items' battle help on PPF exports.
- Fixed a minor bug happening when charmap was changed.

Thanks a bunch to Thisguyaresick2 for pointing out these bugs ^^

Note that on versions with the 2nd fixed bug (most of versions, I fear), you won't be able to get item text modifications when loading HWS files (the ones saved with the versions 0.22). Sorry.
Also, still on these versions, the last key item's description can't be edited at all for now (it will always say "not enough space") but that's not a real problem since it is unused...

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2014-04-21 02:19:31 »
Nice, i will test ^^

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2014-05-10 20:30:15 »
I can't seem to get text color to change in item descriptions.

I wanted to add an Add Status effect to a weapon and have the text be red like normal. My Add button on the Edit Text Screen is grayed out, clicking in the list doesn't do anything, pasting in the µ doesn't do anything, nor copying and pasting a colored entry...

Please inform? Thank you.

Edit: I had searched 'color,' but now I see that the most recent update's note on text editing may apply to this question. Not sure. Sorry if I should have noticed that.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-10 20:32:40 by Vir »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2014-05-10 21:15:03 »
Yes, that was one of my notes. You didn't miss anything : it is not possible to add/edit text opcodes at the time. It'll be possible in the next version, though. Should be ready in 2 weeks or sooner.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2014-05-10 21:19:26 »
Hey, thanks so much for the quick reply, even though I had overlooked my own solution (both there and, I now see, in the Help menu).

Question: suppose I play the game with the modded equipment, then in two weeks you release another version and I edit text color. Would I be able to mod the disc and load up my old game? Would it matter if I had the item in my inventory? Essentially, can I get away with fixing the aesthetics later?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2014-05-10 21:47:00 »
It will never matter if it's only cosmetic.

I'll speak for memory card saving (because for save states, it's different in the worse way) :
- Modifying the stats given by the items or the attacks of the weapons matter if you had a character equiped with it. I think it goes back to normal (to the newest version) when you un-equip then re-equip them.
- Modifying the party's stats, both the "Level Progression" and the individual stats are likely to bug. I didn't test it so I can't say for sure. It might go back to normal when you level up and/or un-equip then re-equip something.
- Abilities learned are replaced by the new ones and it has the same amount of AP than for the previous one. Let's say I have a save with Zidane's Thievery at 80/100 and I modify the game so he needs 200 to learn Flare instead of Thievery, then he will have 80/200 AP for learning flare. Also, you keep gaining AP once you're done learning an ability (but it's invisible of course).
- If you modify the Magic Stones requirement of supporting abilities and if a character has it activated (when you saved), it will totally mess up with the total amount of magic stones available for that character. I don't know if it's getting back to normal after leveling up but that's still something.

Everything else is safe and should have no side-effect nor bug.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-10 21:48:52 by Tirlititi »

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2014-05-10 22:10:38 »
Huzzah. I like your program very much and thank you for it.

At the moment I am just doing some minor rebalancing: giving characters who had no weapons with stats such so they can have stat growth more comparable to the others, tweaking Whale Whisker and Angel's Flute so they may be sidegrades to the Tiger Racket... My idea had been to give them statuses to add, but perhaps I'll just give them +2 Magic and they can be upgrades to the Magic Racket and a sidegrade in that way.