Author Topic: NPC RP world map problem  (Read 5015 times)

nexuseragon

• View Profile
NPC RP world map problem
« on: 2007-02-03 12:53:54 »
Seems like I've got a lot of problems with world map :D. Well, after applying NPC RP Cloud's model in world map is normal with childish LEGO blocks.

NeXaR

• View Profile
Re: NPC RP world map problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-03 18:59:59 »
If your version is non-US, this is normal with the current version of NPC RP

nexuseragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-04 09:49:03 »
Nah, I dont think thats the problem. I have english version of the game. Everything is ...-us or ..._us. In the readme, it says to extract all files from char.lgp and then patch it. But it doesn't say anything about world_us.lgp nor chocobo.lgp. Isn't that the problem?

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-04 18:54:52 »
If you own the english version, then I don't know why it is not working... Maybe it is better to ask on the official thread, though ;)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-02-06 06:42:22 »
Humm.. if you have the US version... the only problem that I can see is that your files are altered... try a fresh install of the game it could help you...

TG_Sock

« Reply #5 on: 2007-08-04 19:40:25 »
I have this same problem, i followed the sequence of patches listed below in a helpful guide (NEAT Compilation) by to the tee, but i cant seem to update the world map characters to the type of models used in battle. I expected to have achieved this effect by stage 5 but the old fashioned 'lego' cloud is still present. It is playable and i am so grateful for getting as far as i have with these amazing patches but just it is so close to being perfect.

I did get it working on one occasion (no idea how i did it, whether i did something out of sequence?) with battle characters on the world map it crashed immidiately after the a battle swirl. This is the only thread i could find.

1. ff7 v1.02 official patch
2. The SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch v1.00  (with integrated Jedwin's chocobo patch)  by SaiNt
3. YAMP - Yet Another Multi-Patcher  by dziugo
4. Higher quality Cloud mod  by Dreakon
5.b) NPC Reconstruction Project for FF7PC 0.6 mod  by Borde + ice_cold513 + Stormmedia
6. New Spell Patch  by zero88
8.1 ff7music v1.51  by ficedula  (100% working as it is)
8.2 ff7_lessdebug  by Aali  (usable with ff7music)

My copy is legit, and my system spec is p4, ati 9800 pro, xp sp2 ... think thats all thats relavant.

BTW, Sorry for resurecting this semi old topic (sure ill get into trouble :oops:) i dont mean to upset anyone, but i have succesfully used this forum search for solutions to iron out several problems so far (including adding an extra slash to the regedit movies path, checking the tnt box in games settings, removing conflicting yamp patches, getting the mp3s to work from my ost and many more) without resorting to topic creation, or topic ressurection. I also reinstalled about 10 times (probably more) and applied patches 1 at a time followed by testing, to find the errors of my ways, but i am finally stumped.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-08-04 21:42:30 »
BTW, Sorry for resurecting this semi old topic...

You should have just started a new topic (or, better yet, asked in the NPC Reconstruction Project thread), but I'm not going to sit here and yell at you for it, just know that for the future.

Anyway...I'm almost positive your problem is that you need a completely fresh copy of the file "world_us.lgp". The copy I've listed, as you can see, is of the US version - if your copy is of any other version (assuming that that "us" at the end stands for "United States" and that there are other versions of the "world_[country].lgp" file), it may *not* work, meaning that you'll still have SD Cloud on the world map. I'm about 98% sure that this is your problem if you're not playing the US version of the game.

If you ARE playing the US version of the game and you DO have "world_us.lgp", then your copy must not have been updated in the installation process of the NPC Reconstruction Project patch. To ensure that you have a completely unmodified copy of this file and that it will fully update in the installation process of the NPC Reconstruction Project patch, copy and paste a copy of the "world_us.lgp" file off of the CD and replace it with your current "world_us.lgp". Then, right-click on your unmodified copy, check its properties, and ensure that it does not have the "Read-only" attribute checked.

If you are using the US version and it still did not update, then I suggest you ask stormmedia or someone else in the NPC Reconstruction Project thread.

TG_Sock

« Reply #7 on: 2007-08-04 22:11:33 »
Shortly before your reply, I tried reinstalling (again), it worked as i appeared wandering around the world map in full battle model glory holding my breath expecting to be dumped to my deskto any second but.. incredibly it didnt!..

There was one difference this time, that will probably be made a big deal of, i rebuilt the char.lpg by running the npc patcher, previously i had saved a copy elsewhere to bring back in place in each fresh installation of the game as it is far and away the most time consuming aspect of the patching sequence and i had checked the file size and it was the correct amount of bytes and so i assumed it was right for the correctly patched lpg, anyway dont know what made me decide to do this but it worked. i have since learned that the npc patcher patches more than the char.lpg and naturally when i didnt run it with each intallation it must have kept missing the world models from the wm directory. anyway i am just pleased its working

i was on my way back to edit my post and tell all it now worked and make my apologies but you beat me to it, thanks for your advice it was nice to get a fast reply. As for resurecting old topics, personally i dont like having to sift through several threads about the same problems and so tried to post in an existing topic. (In the past i have created new threads in other foums and been flamed for creating threads about existing subjects! :roll: - can't win) anyway, i had good intentions but will stick to the rules and wont do it again. cheers :-)