Author Topic: First Model  (Read 20566 times)

Re: First Model
« Reply #25 on: 2010-03-01 03:46:54 »
Hm, I am impressed. ^.^
And wow... The forums have changed a bunch, there are like a million new smilies~!~!~! Or ... just two... man you got me all worked up for nothing. *pouts*
any ways....

I like the model, however i have a small gripe about his arms, is it just not smoothed yet, cause there are ridges there that make them look somewhat "not real".
I am not trying to sound mean. I am just offering some constructive criticism.
Overall I like the model, just get a good texture on it. :) and we should be good to go. Thank you for your contribution. ^.^

SilenceSD

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-03-02 04:14:51 »
I like the model, however i have a small gripe about his arms, is it just not smoothed yet, cause there are ridges there that make them look somewhat "not real".
I am not trying to sound mean. I am just offering some constructive criticism.
Overall I like the model, just get a good texture on it. :) and we should be good to go. Thank you for your contribution. ^.^

Thanks a lot. The arms only look blocky with no texture. I am having a hell of a lot of trouble with the texture though. It seems the models geometry is a little off for ease of seeming, so it will be some time before it is complete. I may have to reconstruct the model, and all models from here on will be constructed with easy testuring in mind, ha ha.

As it is I will be using gimp to edit the texture map, but that's after I figure out the correct seems on the model. Any tips or pointers will be appreciated. Thanks again all!

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-03-04 18:51:04 »
Great model,man! :o
Can't wait to see it with textures!

Have a little offer:Maybe you'll make Soldier sword,like in Crisis Core,for him instead that lance?I know that  this is original design,but i think it will look better with it

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-03-04 19:06:08 »
Agree, weird lance thing never really looked all that good....

SilenceSD

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-03-05 02:22:00 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-03-05 02:27:02 »
looks good, post a wireframe, n i'll provide additional criticism/suggestions

SilenceSD

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-03-05 02:33:16 »

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-03-05 02:42:28 »
That looks really good, I wish I knew how to model so I could try my hand at this. I picked up a blender for dummies thing the other day and kinda started reading it.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-03-05 02:46:04 »
looking great man, can't wait to see it in game

SilenceSD

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-03-05 02:48:10 »
Modeling is easy to start, like the topic says, this is my first model. Just make sure you look into texture mapping before you start making your model. :P

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-03-05 03:09:52 »
by in large your topology seems quite good, the only places i'd suggest need more work are the shoulder plates, and the chest plate, they seem slightly off. Try simplifying the topology, and taking out unnecesary polies.