Author Topic: Replacing music?  (Read 2829 times)

destroythevoice

• View Profile
Replacing music?
« on: 2014-12-08 19:50:12 »
Hey, is there any simple ways to replace the music in some parts?  Like for example for the battle music I want to actually put "Those Chosen by The Planet" theme instead of the original battle theme since I have Sephiroth as my main character.. 

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing music?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-08 19:58:15 »
If you're replacing it across the board, it can be easy depending on what version of FF7 you're using, and what mods you're using.

In an unmodified Steam version, it's as simple as replacing the file in the data\music_ogg folder.
If you're using the 1998 version with the latest version of Aali's driver, it's also a pretty simple file replacement, though I'm not sure off-hand where the files are.
If you're using the 1998 version with an older version of Aali's driver (I'm pretty sure this is what Bootleg uses), you need to do it in FF7Music, which Bootleg includes but might or might not install depending on which mods you chose.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-08 20:03:15 »
If you're replacing it across the board, it can be easy depending on what version of FF7 you're using, and what mods you're using.

In an unmodified Steam version, it's as simple as replacing the file in the data\music_ogg folder.
If you're using the 1998 version with the latest version of Aali's driver, it's also a pretty simple file replacement, though I'm not sure off-hand where the files are.
If you're using the 1998 version with an older version of Aali's driver (I'm pretty sure this is what Bootleg uses), you need to do it in FF7Music, which Bootleg includes but might or might not install depending on which mods you chose.

I'm using the Steam version but I installed the whole bootleg thing.  But I might uninstall it and start from scratch because my Scorpicus sephiroth patch isn't working on it.. 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-14 13:14:05 »

It's music\vgmstream.