Author Topic: Is restarting after fresh installation necessary?  (Read 2958 times)

BahamutSIN

• View Profile

In 1997 version of FF7 Is it necessary to restart the PC after installation? If yes, then why?

I re-install the game quite often and having to restart each time is quite tiresome.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
Re: Is restarting after fresh installation necessary?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-05-29 10:49:12 »
Unless you have all prerequisites installed, restarting computer is useless.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-29 13:47:32 »
It's almost never necessary to restart after installing. It almost never was except in the case of hardware drivers. I believe now even modern OSs (like Win 10) doesn't even need a restart when that happens now.

There are some RARE cases where restarting is necessary. These "restart before running" messages were common with the install wizards of the day just as a "cover your bases" step. It was once enforced (possibly practiced) that changes to the registry required a reboot to take effect. However, adding branches to the registry as in the case of FFVII and FFVIII won't affect anything that would require a restart.

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-29 18:08:07 »
I always suspected that it's not needed but had to make sure. Thanks for answering guys, not gonna restart from now on.  :)