Author Topic: *Team Avalanche: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*  (Read 193150 times)

Mako

• View Profile
Re: *Team Avalanche: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*
« Reply #325 on: 2009-12-12 20:55:00 »
That looks stunning!!! Just when I was going to unveil another texture for you....awe heck here it is any way I spent a lot of time on this one trying to give the illusion of leaves and trees.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009-12-12 21:34:11 »
i'll give that one a go as well and see it it makes a difference.  I just finished palette swapping the other texture, so all of the forests now have nice looks textures on them.

On a side note, I finally got around to making a list of textures that need to be finished. This basically meant i ran through a sacrifical world.lgp and removed all the  textures i have already completed, as well as the files that don't apply to this project.  It's still a mightly long list, but i'm slowly whitling it down.

Lee

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009-12-12 22:12:55 »
Well let me know if you want me to do anymore...I am going to stop making jungle for now and let you guys do your thing. Unless you would like me to continue doing jungle.
Just post the textures you would like me to work on.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009-12-12 22:15:51 »
well, if you want a larger project your more than welcome to tackle the entire underwater area. I'm not even close to working on it, and i might not even bother unless people really want it. I'll look around and see what else you can do, at this point alot of textures are dependant on ones i've already created, so you need a whole bunch of my original files to make sure it all matches up nicely.

Lee

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009-12-12 22:22:22 »
Underwater sounds like fun best that way you don't have to match up what you did with mine...Also if you would like could you show me how to extract all of the underwater textures and send me a zip or something when you get a chance I'd like to someday figure out how to view the textures that I have done in game.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009-12-13 21:42:59 »
just an update on where this stands right now:

forests: 100%
Mountains: 75%
Grass: 100%
Dirt: 100%
Seawalls: 95%
Snow: 95%
Beaches: 95%
Rivers/Oceans: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9297.0

Things suddenly started moving very quickly for this project. It should be an offical 1.0 release by the end of Q1 2010, but more likely sometime in January. Once the 1.0 relase is out, i encourage everyone to find textures that aren't quite perfect and improve/fix them.  This way the project can contiue to grow and improve even though it is finished. More on this once it's actually finished though.

Lee

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2009-12-13 22:19:40 »

i messed with the colors a bit and added a bit more bumpiness.  Looks pretty good, i still need to tweak it a bit more, but after that i'm gonna shift the colors and apply it to the rest of the forests.

If the waters were finished it would be a completely redone scene!  :-D

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2009-12-13 22:24:39 »
it should be very soon, albertopsp came out of left field with his work and it's really great! This will save a ton of time, and since albertopsp is willing to do the oceans, the project just got on the fast track to completion. Once he gets the river's nailed down then i'll get some shots of them next to everything! Sooooo mcuh has been completed since the last release, and it will have a huge impact once you see it in action. You can barely tell that this is a WIP anymore, so few things are left to be finished.

Lee

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009-12-14 01:10:56 »
Just wondered if you got a chance to use my last forest texture.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #334 on: 2009-12-14 14:50:50 »
WOW! I almost missed looking at this project! How dare me?  :-D
Anyways that is one hell-of-a progress you got there guys! Keep it up, I'm impressed as always.  :-)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2009-12-14 20:49:08 »
Just wondered if you got a chance to use my last forest texture.

i tied it out and it looked good, but the light/dark areas are very apparent and cuase severe tiling of the texture.  The one you provided me with earlier works perfect, and minimal tweaking on my end got the tiling to nearly disappear completely.

any luck extracting the underwater textures? PM me.

Lee

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2010-01-05 13:42:51 »
It"s Awsome !! Team Avalanche's POWER !!! Great Job =D

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2010-01-10 02:21:14 »
Hey, has anyone found slash planned on redoing meteor?

It seems like a small task that would make the world map a good 10% better during the last act.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2010-01-10 03:02:29 »
nope, haven't touched it yet, your more than welcome to take a stab at it if you like.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #339 on: 2010-01-10 03:42:29 »
i know it was probably asked earlier but what files does the installer (the actual installer, not manual) edit, i'd like to know so i can back them up before trying this, just in case my computer pulls a stunt :P

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010-01-10 08:04:39 »
i know it was probably asked earlier but what files does the installer (the actual installer, not manual) edit, i'd like to know so i can back them up before trying this, just in case my computer pulls a stunt :P

There is an uninstall option, so the installer automatically backs up the files it overwrites (in a folder called Backup Files).
That said, I always keep a backup of my whole data folder, just copy and paste it, takes 2 seconds.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #341 on: 2010-01-10 15:06:33 »

There is an uninstall option, so the installer automatically backs up the files it overwrites (in a folder called Backup Files).
That said, I always keep a backup of my whole data folder, just copy and paste it, takes 2 seconds.

ight, wicked, thanks dude

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2010-01-10 15:11:54 »
another note, the installer only replaces files pertaining to the mod itself. It does not completely overwrite any of your LGP files, so it should be compatible with other mods. The only time it would not be compatible is when another mod replaces the same files that we are using. This is very unlikely though, since we are the first to replace any of these files.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #343 on: 2010-01-10 16:09:49 »
ok, i just had another extremely weird crash, but i don't think its continuouse

anyway, i just used the graphic overhaul and am going to give some of my own feedback

first off, everything is beautiful, i only have two slight issues, the font change is a little hard to take in, and, i dunno if its just on my own computer, but on the health and limit bars,the back and the bar itself are to close a color, so me, being colorblinde, having trouble telling how close i am to limit and such, anyway, its still great and well thought up, good job guys

-EDIT-

ok, just had something weird but funny happen, dunno if this has to do with this release but i haven't had it happen before installing so..

anyway, you all know the fight at fort condor for the huge materia, where if you let the enemy reach you then you gotta fight this weak little boss right? well, i just reached that fight and someone..... unexpected, replaced that boss

Ultamite WEAPON O.o but he left after a single attack so... YAY, free fight, no exp though TT.TT, anyway, thought i should let you guys know, later dudes
« Last Edit: 2010-01-10 16:25:26 by Jaitsu »

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2010-01-11 21:13:31 »
I've already sent the files .. I wait answers..  :wink:

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2010-01-11 22:22:18 »

anyway, i just used the graphic overhaul and am going to give some of my own feedback

first off, everything is beautiful, i only have two slight issues, the font change is a little hard to take in, and, i dunno if its just on my own computer, but on the health and limit bars,the back and the bar itself are to close a color, so me, being colorblinde, having trouble telling how close i am to limit and such, anyway, its still great and well thought up, good job guys

-EDIT-

ok, just had something weird but funny happen, dunno if this has to do with this release but i haven't had it happen before installing so..

anyway, you all know the fight at fort condor for the huge materia, where if you let the enemy reach you then you gotta fight this weak little boss right? well, i just reached that fight and someone..... unexpected, replaced that boss

Ultamite WEAPON O.o but he left after a single attack so... YAY, free fight, no exp though TT.TT, anyway, thought i should let you guys know, later dudes
that should have nothing to do with the team avalanche mod. We have not modified the battle system in any way, all we have done is exchanged lowres graphics for higher resolution ones. I would double check any other mnods you may have installed, especially the multi-mod pack thats available in game tweaking.

Lee

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #346 on: 2010-01-11 22:33:57 »

-EDIT-

that should have nothing to do with the team avalanche mod. We have not modified the battle system in any way, all we have done is exchanged lowres graphics for higher resolution ones. I would double check any other mnods you may have installed, especially the multi-mod pack thats available in game tweaking.

Lee

im not to worried about it, i was laughing my ass off the whole fight anyway

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2010-01-12 00:05:05 »
Jaitsu, it sounds like a kernel.bin problem to me, the scene data is incorrect. try to open up your scene.bin file in either Hojo or Prod Clod, and update the kernel from there (hojo has an update kernel file option in the file menu, and PrC will ask to update upon saving the kernel if it finds a mismatch), otherwise enemies later in the game may all be in the wrong spots, like fighting Safer as a random encounter in the northern crater (which would likely freeze the game if you won). This likely happened if you changed data within the scene.bin file, making it too large (most likely case, smaller is harder to do :-P), or if you downloaded a mod and THEY forgot to update it :-D.

Hojo would likely work better though, as you can force it to update the kernel, which i tend to like better, not that it matters or anything :wink:.

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010-01-12 01:10:47 »
hey guys, i tried putting this mod in my game. it works perfectly.
except that i found some black and white wholes when im in nibleheim area..
is that normal??   :?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2010-01-12 01:19:49 »
if you used the installer in this thread, then you are using a very old version of the wmrp that likely include many missing textures.
Actually i should probably take those beta versions down.

sl1982 is releasing a new installer in the coming days that will feature the newest version of the world map, as well as his enhanced 2d effects. I would recommending installing that to get the full effect, becuase both packagesare very near completion.