Author Topic: [FF7PC/PSX] FFVII Lost Wing (1.1)  (Read 184849 times)

YippleDipple

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] FFVII Lost Wing (PSX/PC)
« Reply #200 on: 2014-01-26 04:38:46 »
So.... with the PC version I can not utilize the limits for YC or Seph?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2014-01-26 12:11:24 »
Yes. Use Otyugh.

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2014-03-08 18:08:14 »
Hey lost wing

when i tried to cast regain on my party using this mod on my ff7 game using the epsxe emulator

it did not work

so what could be wrong then

thanks

and take care

maeckes

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2014-04-06 13:11:18 »
Hi guys,

I have a bad Yuffie capturing problem with this mod.

I just came out of the mine after midgard and on my way to junon I wanted to catch Yuffie in the forests.
After countless retries the problem remains:

Game "freezes" after I dead enough damage to Yuffie to put her to her knees (about 400?).
And by "freezing" I mean the game doesn't actually freeze but neither fills up the time-bars nor executes command given before the "death blow".
Pause and the escape animation (not actually escaping) still work tho.

Anyone any idea what could be the problem / solution here?
Could find this problem described anywhere before.

Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2014-04-18 16:11:05 »
I've an idea what that is. When an enemy tries to use an attack or similar but they haven't had an animation set for that attack they'll just kind of soft-lock the fight when they try to use it. I think it can also happen if an attack ID that doesn't exist is referenced by the AI (although I think that causes a hard crash instead).

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #205 on: 2014-04-18 17:16:27 »
Thanks for trying to help these guys Sega Chief.

Umm...yeah I don't really know why those things would be happening.  Lost Wing is more of a novelty than anything else.  While I do think it is a lot of fun and a welcome flavor change from the normal VII, this mod has countless bugs, glitches, and errors and I will most likely never be able to correct them - especially since I haven't done any FF modding in years now.  But if it won't let you get Yuffie the normal way, I'd suggest using Black Chocobo to alter your save file.  Alternatively you could Gameshark her into your party, but I don't think that certain storyline flags will trigger (meaning you may be unable to do the Wutai quests), so just go with the save file editor.    Other than that, I apologize for any frustrating issues with the mod, hope you enjoy it though.

@Hitachi  There is no such spell called "regain" in my mod.  Do you mean "Regen"?  I am unaware of any problems with this spell, and no one else has reported that issue.  Likely its not due to the Lost Wing mod.  I do know some people have experienced trouble with "White Wind" though. 
« Last Edit: 2014-04-18 17:18:20 by xLostWingx »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2014-04-18 18:21:53 »
Is your mod harder than Gjoerukv's hardcore mod ?

YippleDipple

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] FFVII Lost Wing (1.1)
« Reply #207 on: 2014-10-04 21:23:00 »
I believe this is comparable to Gjoerukv's hardcore mod. I am a very avid VII player; like a living walkthrough. To compare getting to Cosmo Canyon for 1st time with three mods: Hardcore=level 25; Lost Wing=level 22; Nightmare 7= "Are you kidding me with this difficulty?" & "I'm a masochist". Lost Wing & Hardcore are like candy sprinkles compared to Nightmare 7.

btw VGR, thanks for your reply back in January :)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2014-10-04 22:57:53 »
Yes indeed, Nightmare 7 is, so to speak, a real nightmare.

And you're welcome.

DarkFenrir00

• Youtuber who makes videos when he is bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2015-05-28 20:20:07 »
I am trying to download your patch but mediafire won't let me it keeps opening a new tab of the download and taking me to different websites and its starting to become frustrating I will just need help with mediafire and the patch download.

iloveyou771

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2015-10-22 14:45:08 »
hi there lost wing or anyone here its been long time no one posting message here so i wonder is this thread dead or still live going? Well i just have a few questions  to ask using this mod lost wing v1.1
1) how do you exactly get young cloud & sephiroth into ur party?if you are using code could you give those code because i can't find in this
   thread. i just start playing your lost wing v1.1 today.
2)When you say Young cloud and Sephiroth are 95% functional character, what do you mean by that? Is it not 100% playable?
   you know i use the slot 3 character modifier code to permanent hack sephiroth into my party but at earlier point in the game, the 1st bomber mission cloud with barret inside the 1st mako reactor(i think)before fight guard scorpion there's an event here, and my game just
freeze so i can't progress further so i wanna ask how to permanent play as sephiroth throughout the game?

that's all i wanna ask here hope you could help me.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #211 on: 2016-03-22 02:11:38 »
Hello Friendly Person.  Thanks for your interest in FFVII Lost Wing.  Here is the information you need in order to play using Young Cloud and Sephiroth.  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10958.msg153213#msg153213

I hope you enjoy the mod.  Please remember this was a personal project that I chose to involve the general public in via qhimm forums.  I've been inactive as a modder for several years now and inactive on this forum for several years.  Thanks for the interest!

jpzchaos14

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2016-05-08 06:40:34 »
Question, is there like a walkthrough for this mod?
Been using the latest "Lost Wing" mod via Tifa's Final Heaven.
I know there's alotta changes in the game using this mod, but new gaming with this mod is kind of skeptical.
Is there an accurate list of changes and add-ons on this mod?
Will really help.

Topken

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2017-02-05 16:24:52 »
I've ran into some issues with Water as an element the Water ring prevents my people from healing and even being revived with phoenix downs while in battle  also same thing when I have the elemental material linked to water on defense and when its linked on attack it causes my character to heal the person they hit. The heal when they hit might be useful for healing in long battles but the defense one is annoying. Thought I would bring it up as I don't know if its been mentioned here before or not. Meaning the water ring is pretty useless as an accessory

I am pretty much using Lost Wing through 7th Heaven just to get some different gameplay then the vanilla game since I have beaten it so many time and am pretty much done with vanilla after all these years
« Last Edit: 2017-02-05 16:29:43 by Topken »

« Reply #214 on: 2019-07-08 14:12:10 »
Hi, I'm a fan of the mod lost wing, I really liked the mod and wanted to know if you ever think of continuing it or if you have some other mod of this type because I really like ps1.
Note: Is there any way I can edit the game myself? Do I change the locations of the materias and monsters?
Edit: I found a program here in the same forum, the white chocobo, to edit as stores. My question is: have you changed any stores? I changed the stores to sell materials of the game, however as I do not know if you changed it becomes difficult. Does bug editing do this? Hope not.
Another question: Has the mod changed the location of the monsters? I wanted to have bosses on the world map or more random monsters instead of them. In addition to putting enemy skills like Trine in monsters that can use or Shadow Flare in the Diamond Weapon and Pandora's box in some monster
« Last Edit: 2019-07-11 00:37:26 by Darkslayetpowerfull »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2019-07-12 08:54:01 »
There's a large amount of tools for modding FF7 available on this forum, and thankfully most of them are created in a very userfriendly way that even non-programmers can easily make use of them. For what you want to do, you should definitely get Hojo, ProudClod, WallMarket and Makou Reactor, all of which can be found in the forum's "Tools" section.

Wallmarket is for editing all sorts of stuff related to your own party, like properties of magic spells, equipment, materia, and items, and initial equipment and stat growth curves of your party members.

Hojo is for editing enemy stats like HP, MP, strength, magic, elemental and status resistances & weaknesses, items that can be stolen/dropped/morphed etc.

ProudClod is for editing enemy attacks and AI scripts, and opens up a sheer unlimited potential for designing your favorite battles, although editing AI definitely requires some learning until you'll get the hang of it (took me a couple years to understand most of it, lol). You can give enemies new attacks, have them attack multiple times in a row, have them perform counter-attacks etc.

Makou Reactor is the tool for editing the field files, and with it you can do A LOT. This is where you can decide the contents of treasure chests and Materia, or place entirely new ones in places you like, but it goes much farther than that. You can also edit NPC dialogue, create new NPCs, change the rewards of minigames (Fort Condor, Battle Arena etc.), which monster formations appear as random encounters in a field and at what probability, change the music that plays in a given field or in certain battles, or even do some event editing like creating entirely new cutscenes altogether! However, the downside is that Makou Reactor is perhaps the most difficult tool to master, and that will definitely take some time, so be patient.

Unfortunately there's currently nothing out there that allows you to edit stuff on the world map, as far as I know. As well-documented as FF7 may be, the world map still remains a "black box" for the most part, sadly.

Anyway, the aforementioned tools should get you started on what you want to do. Oh, and welcome to the forum, btw.

« Reply #216 on: 2019-07-15 17:36:10 »
Hi Kefka, thank you for answering me. I edited patch lost wing quite a bit and I do not know if it posts it here for download.
I edited materias that he took for example a gravity and a place back.
Now what I lack is to put some NPC to revive the aeris and a npc to fight against the bosses of the game, but I do not know how to do it, I found a post here in the forum of a mod called ff7 psx plus but I do not know if it has to merge with the lost wing So I would like a tutorial for this, plus a tutorial to edit the abilities of the monsters.

Fix:
1 * water3 or water2 magic (I do not remember) did not hit the monster, but only me, I fixed.
2 * The gravity magic returned.
3 * I reinstated the original summons.
4 * Thunder magic did not work like a real lightning bolt but with curing effect, I arranged it by putting a lightning effect on it (on the menu it still heals the characters, I'm trying to fix it).
5 * Materia deathblow+mime did not work,i took them because it does not make sense.
6 * Materias like #@$% yeah, i took them because it does not make sense.
7 * Red flash healed the enemies, now does what it should do, attack enemies.
8 * Materias Red Stone and more independent are with description strange and does not make sense, i changed.

There are other fixes I can not remember at all because there have been many haha.

I try to fix the issues Topken says...I think I managed to arrange...
is there any list with the ids of the monsters' attacks? I want to change the animations of holy 2, wind 1 and wind 3, laser 2.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-19 02:34:14 by Darkslayetpowerfull »

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2024-03-12 13:42:26 »
Reminder:  LostWing mod was designed for PSX and was an experimental learning experience.  It is unquestionably broken by just about any standard.  I would suggest avoiding it entirely.  I'm quite mystified seeing references to this mod on the google and youtube all these years later.  Try it at your own risk.  Please just know that I am not active on qhimm, I am not active on youtube, and I offer no support whatsoever for this mod.  If you still want to give LostWing a try, by all means, play it to your heart's content.  You've been warned.

Thanks to all the moderators, administrators, and mod creators here at qhimm for maintaining this treasure of a community.

-LostWing