Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825476 times)

Abashi76

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7375 on: 2018-11-21 18:56:14 »
There's been a misunderstanding here, I didn't make both mods. I made New Threat, Gjoerulv made Hardcore. You can use models from New Threat, but you'd need to ask Gjoerulv if you want to use Hardcore models.

Oh, but Gjoerulv made some nice enemies also, the same way you did. Do you think you can contact him? I've been thinking about combining content from both mods to my own mod, some time in the distant future like with in 10 years. How hard is to make new recolored models? Also, your mod changed encounters on the world map and you even added a new forest before ; how did you do that? I heard it's very hard to modify the world map.

As for Kimera, I posted the steps in your old thread; there's no way around it, dependency files need to be registered via the Command Line to get it to work on modern PCs: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17957.25

Last time i tried, it didn't work, i'll try again. Ty!

As for making the kernel.bin work, open the game's scene.bin using proud clod tool (PrC) and when saving, it'll prompt to check the kernel. Click yes (direct it to the kernel location if it can't find it) and then confirm again if it finds the kernel's look-up tables require adjustment. It checks the 1998 PC location by default which is data/kernel, whereas the Steam version's kernel is in data/lang-en/kernel so keep that in mind.

I tried that, but my attacks still miss. There are like four save options in that program. Which of the four do i choose? I've successfully did three of them, never figured out how to do the other one.

If i don't have 64-bit, would i need a new operating system? I have Windows 7, which i heard is the right one.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: 2018-11-22 06:56:40 »
So my memory is a bit shoddy but I remember having a hard time with the boss at Junon, the thing that attacked Mr. Dolphin and Priscilla. He had like crazy high HP for that point in the game.

I feel like he was weak to Wind or Lightning? And throwing items at him was the only way I won? Can you get Bird Wings or something that does high Lightning damage from those bird enemies that teach White Wind?

I can't remember for certain but I know a guy playing through NT Arranged right now just like I did and I'm trying to remember my own playthrough to help him out should the need arise. (although, sadly, I lost my save game during the Huge Materia stuff when my PC died. Bleh.)

Also, minor question. I remember the dual Demon Gates from the version of NT I played in 2014. Whatever happened to that? Too hard? I thought it was one of the more memorable additions. Pretty hard, though but that's why it was memorable. Well taht and teh fact it was very surprising.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: 2018-11-22 18:20:51 »
If you send me your save file I could fix up the var for the nibelheim part. As for the dark cave problem, I'm not so sure. Does it break if all other mods are deactivated?

I'm seriously considering to start over again on Arrange difficulty because I just enjoy this mod so much I can play these tactical way of battling without getting bored all over again.. only thing I like to know is if there are alot of changes compared to the last mod I've played and if you think that starting over with the new patch will clear the bugs that I had with my previous save file. Thanks in advance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: 2018-11-23 00:15:20 »
So my memory is a bit shoddy but I remember having a hard time with the boss at Junon, the thing that attacked Mr. Dolphin and Priscilla. He had like crazy high HP for that point in the game.

I feel like he was weak to Wind or Lightning? And throwing items at him was the only way I won? Can you get Bird Wings or something that does high Lightning damage from those bird enemies that teach White Wind?

I can't remember for certain but I know a guy playing through NT Arranged right now just like I did and I'm trying to remember my own playthrough to help him out should the need arise. (although, sadly, I lost my save game during the Huge Materia stuff when my PC died. Bleh.)

Also, minor question. I remember the dual Demon Gates from the version of NT I played in 2014. Whatever happened to that? Too hard? I thought it was one of the more memorable additions. Pretty hard, though but that's why it was memorable. Well taht and teh fact it was very surprising.

Bottomswell bosses should all be weak to Water and Wind. Choco/Mog is good for a spike of damage (boss AI is in 'stages' so best to save it for getting past a problematic phase ASAP). You can use the Throw command for some high damage if you gather some weapons via Steal, and I think Heli-Gunner morphed into a Bird Wing or something.

Demon Gates are still intact, just not used in Arrange mode.

I'm seriously considering to start over again on Arrange difficulty because I just enjoy this mod so much I can play these tactical way of battling without getting bored all over again.. only thing I like to know is if there are alot of changes compared to the last mod I've played and if you think that starting over with the new patch will clear the bugs that I had with my previous save file. Thanks in advance.

If you're on latest version then there shouldn't be any problems with Nibelheim segment.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: 2018-11-23 12:48:39 »
Are there also new bosses or other fights compared to the mod I've played? And how about the Dark Cave you think that could still give problems?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7380 on: 2018-11-23 14:50:35 »
Are there also new bosses or other fights compared to the mod I've played? And how about the Dark Cave you think that could still give problems?

Some of the bosses were remixed or swapped out with different versions. Dark Cave can crash at start due to an unknown reason which I'd put down to the use of other mods but it's difficult to say what the exact cause is.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: 2018-11-23 17:52:00 »
Ok. Final question bro because I can imagine your getting sick of my questions lol. Started the Arranged mode and now I´m at Mr Smile for the first time. Chose the Ex-Soldier rank up but I did only get 3 strength source´s, from vitality and luck I did get 2 and from the rest I only got one Source.. tought maybe with 1 source you would go up with +5 points in stats, but that is not the case.. which means I did only get strength +3 etc etc... I assume this is not how it is supposed to be and if so please let me now what I can do about it...

P.s was planning to play tonight so if anyone reading this can at least confirm that this is not the way it should be it would be appreciated so that I know that there is no point to continue playing.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-23 17:58:33 by DFR66 »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: 2018-11-23 18:17:50 »
the +5 on source will only work if you are using the exe included with the NT download.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: 2018-11-23 19:01:50 »
Sh*t man I did get stuck now... I copied the file  ff7_en.exe to my FF VII folder, instead of changing the settings in 7th heaven to en.exe, which is why it didn't work as you just mentioned..

What I did just now was change the name of the settings in 7th heaven to en.exe, but it said it couldn't find it. what  I did next was change the name of the .exe in my FF VII folder to ff7_en.exe, and now when I try to launch the game with 7th heaven, it opens the game with Steam. Which obviously doesn't work..

Terribly sorry for my poor way of discribing the situation I'm not good at this.. hopefully someone understands what I try to say and know what I can do to solve it because my game doesn't start anymore ^^

Torus

• View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: 2018-11-24 05:21:12 »
So I'm sure this is not actually a big deal, but I decided to do some exploring in the Nibelheim flashback segment. There's exactly one screen where battle rewards are not turned off and you can get both EXP and money from combat. As a result, Young Cloud and Sephiroth instantly jumped to level 99 (with no stat gains).

The screen in question is the mountainside from if you go back after being teleported to the reactor's entrance.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: 2018-11-24 11:33:26 »
Sh*t man I did get stuck now... I copied the file  ff7_en.exe to my FF VII folder, instead of changing the settings in 7th heaven to en.exe, which is why it didn't work as you just mentioned..

What I did just now was change the name of the settings in 7th heaven to en.exe, but it said it couldn't find it. what  I did next was change the name of the .exe in my FF VII folder to ff7_en.exe, and now when I try to launch the game with 7th heaven, it opens the game with Steam. Which obviously doesn't work..

Terribly sorry for my poor way of discribing the situation I'm not good at this.. hopefully someone understands what I try to say and know what I can do to solve it because my game doesn't start anymore ^^

if you are using 7th heaven you need to use ff7.exe or ff7_bc.exe if you are also using Menuoverhaul. Those are the exes that the gameconverter gives you normally, then in the New Threat download there should be a new version of ff7.exe and ff7_bc.exe, which are the exe that you need to use.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: 2018-11-24 21:39:56 »
Yes I tried the ff7_bc.exe and it worked. I see that the stats effects of the materia has changed big time.... Added Effect and Elemental gives you -15 on both vitality and intellect? 'All' materia -05 on magic? Skills like Barrier or Exit gives you only positive effects on stats? For me Materia like Added Effect, Elemental, All, Counter attack are alot less appealing which is a shame because they where among my favorite materia.

Can someone explain to me why these drastic changes have been made? Or is something wrong Again?! ^^ Thanks. 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: 2018-11-24 21:45:25 »
Elemental/Added Effect protects and element/status ailments but at the cost of a reduction to defence/magic defence. Support magic like Debarrier, etc. I want people to have on more often instead of skipping over so their buffs are mostly positive.

G3neralRevan

• View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: 2018-11-27 18:58:46 »
Hi all,

Looking forward to playing this mod soon, still waiting on updating my fricking laptop since my current one has Admin locks I can't get past...

Kudos to you SegaChief for making this huge effort and breathing so much life back into one of my favorite games, I really can't wait to play it again. However, given the previous limitation I wanted to ask the community who's playing the most up-to-date version some questions.

I've been taking a look at the documentation about character stat upgrades in the readme, and I've read somewhere about the docs not always being updated but I'm curious about Yuffie's stats. ...Is she meant to be a better all-rounder than the all-rounders? Her description says she's a glass cannon, with "low defensive stats" but she has the same base stats as Red XIII's, so she starts better than Tifa and Aerith on both stats, and she's better than Vincent and Cid on SPR. If she splits her level-ups between Wutai Shinobi and Goddamn Punk (options 3 and 4), she ends with:
STR 115,
VIT 107,
MAG 112,
SPR 105,
DEX 75,
and LCK 52. Aerith is the only other character I'm seeing who can break 100 on the first 4 stats (my math could be wrong or I'm not thinking of a proper stat combination with someone else), but if you go that route with Aerith, her STR becomes stronger than her Magic, which is fun, but perhaps not the best idea.

Granted, as I still haven't played firsthand I'm not sure how much trying to all-round gimps your characters, but from the playthroughs I've seen, your ATK and DEF stats are still really important, and I tend to prioritize them over SPD and Luck. Strategy and team composition obviously are required for every fight, and as I can't play the mod yet I'm not sure how much equipment changes these numbers I'm throwing out (it looks to be a lot, it's probably a lot). Materia and accessories, too.

I know Yuffie is meant to be the tricky evade character, so cutting her DEX may not be the smartest plan but her innate looks great every time I've seen it, does it replace the need for DEX?

I guess the main thing is that I'm confused by the descriptions of the stat boosts on her vs. the "all-rounders," as Cloud has to pick which defense he wants, closest he gets to 100 is 88/92 on VIT/SPR. Red can hit 87/85 if he goes for STR/MAG, he does fine if he goes just STR (107/105). If this were the original game I wouldn't bat an eye since Yuffie's stats there were just slightly below avg but never that far behind, so she could wreck (plus Conforming all the cretins).

Know the readme hasn't been updated since January of this year (or at least the version I'm looking at), but was hoping someone could shed some light on her stats, as it makes me think, well, RIP Cloud and Red.

(P.S. I realize this whole thing is moot if the stat bonuses are different now, and I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to Arrange Mode. If so, hopefully you've enjoyed this thought experiment with me, thanks.)

P.P.S. I'm probably attaching too much value to breaking 100, high average stats are cool, I've always liked Jack-of-all-trades characters.

EDIT: It looks like stat boosts are 5 per source, and that there are 5 ranks now available on level up. Would love to know what they are so I can update my spreadsheet, if anyone has the values. If Yuffie and Red's starting stats are still the same, would also love to know, thanks. Also, Cloud and Red's innates are sorta where they make up the difference for attacking stats. Shame about their defense, but what can ya do?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2018-11-28 04:20:13 by G3neralRevan »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: 2018-11-28 16:10:36 »

Currently, each character gets a flat +5 to all stats per rank, with 8 ranks, so the overall bonus is +40. Then the chosen upgrade goes onto that which I've printed from the flevel below:

Spoiler: show

[{CLOUD}] - Rank Up
+5 All Stats & Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Mercenary: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Makonoid: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Shinra Trooper: +10 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}COMMANDO: +10 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}{PURPLE}[Check Character Stats]{WHITE}

[{BARRET}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Marauder: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Vigilante: +10 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Heavy Metal: +15 VIT{, }+5 MAG
{CHOICE}Techno-Freak: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Bomberman: +10 STR/DEX

[{TIFA}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Monk: +10 STR{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Pugilist: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Brawler: +10 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Oracle: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Punchbag: +10 VIT/DEX

[{AERIS}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Flowergirl: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}White Mage: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Geomancer: +10 VIT{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk: +10 STR/VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk II Electric Boogaloo: +20 STR/LCK

[{RED XIII}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Cosmo Warrior: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Guard Hound: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Red Mage: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Sample #13: +10 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Cosmo Protector: +10 VIT/SPR

[{YUFFIE}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Materia Hunter: +10 DEX{, }+5 STR/MAG
{CHOICE}Gil Bandit: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}Wutai Shinobi: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Goddamn Punk: +10 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Queen of Wutai: +5 STR/MAG/DEX/LCK

[{CAIT SITH}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Fortune-Teller: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Yeti Pal: +15 STR{, }+5 VIT
{CHOICE}Materia Tank: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/LCK
{CHOICE}Top Cat: +10 DEX{, }+5 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Tabby Tank: +10 VIT/SPR

[{VINCENT}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Horror Agent: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Beastmaster: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/LCK
{CHOICE}Berserker: +10 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Shinra Turk: +5 STR/MAG/VIT/DEX
{CHOICE}Quickdraw: +10 STR/DEX

[{CID}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Shinra Ace: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Engineer: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Wingman: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}Airman Dragoon: +10 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}Top Gun: +15 STR{, }+5 MAG

Generally, most options buff strength and/or magic so that characters don't get left behind offensively but a couple were added that focus exclusively on defence (Cloud & Red now have pure defence options). Most of the options also tally to about +20 overall, but some go past that if the build runs against what's ideal for the character; Aeris' strength builds for instance.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-28 16:12:30 by Sega Chief »

G3neralRevan

• View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: 2018-11-29 02:32:36 »
Currently, each character gets a flat +5 to all stats per rank, with 8 ranks, so the overall bonus is +40. Then the chosen upgrade goes onto that which I've printed from the flevel below:

Spoiler: show

[{CLOUD}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Mercenary: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Makonoid: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Shinra Trooper: +10 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}COMMANDO: +10 VIT/SPR

[{BARRET}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Marauder: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Vigilante: +10 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Heavy Metal: +15 VIT{, }+5 MAG
{CHOICE}Techno-Freak: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Bomberman: +10 STR/DEX

[{TIFA}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Monk: +10 STR{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Pugilist: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Brawler: +10 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Oracle: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Punchbag: +10 VIT/DEX

[{AERIS}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Flowergirl: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}White Mage: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Geomancer: +10 VIT{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk: +10 STR/VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk II Electric Boogaloo: +20 STR/LCK

[{RED XIII}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Cosmo Warrior: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Guard Hound: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Red Mage: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Sample #13: +10 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Cosmo Protector: +10 VIT/SPR

[{YUFFIE}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Materia Hunter: +10 DEX{, }+5 STR/MAG
{CHOICE}Gil Bandit: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}Wutai Shinobi: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Goddamn Punk: +10 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Queen of Wutai: +5 STR/MAG/DEX/LCK

[{CAIT SITH}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Fortune-Teller: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Yeti Pal: +15 STR{, }+5 VIT
{CHOICE}Materia Tank: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/LCK
{CHOICE}Top Cat: +10 DEX{, }+5 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Tabby Tank: +10 VIT/SPR

[{VINCENT}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Horror Agent: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Beastmaster: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/LCK
{CHOICE}Berserker: +10 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Shinra Turk: +5 STR/MAG/VIT/DEX
{CHOICE}Quickdraw: +10 STR/DEX

[{CID}] - Rank Up
{CHOICE}Shinra Ace: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Engineer: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Wingman: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}Airman Dragoon: +10 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}Top Gun: +15 STR{, }+5 MAG

Generally, most options buff strength and/or magic so that characters don't get left behind offensively but a couple were added that focus exclusively on defence (Cloud & Red now have pure defence options). Most of the options also tally to about +20 overall, but some go past that if the build runs against what's ideal for the character; Aeris' strength builds for instance.

Getting to talk with the man, the myth, the legend himself. Thanks Sega Chief, really appreciate your quick response and detailed answer, this will be incredibly helpful (looks like a lot of these were rebalanced for the better too, in addition to the 5th option). I'm gonna go nuts with my spreadsheet :) Thanks for creating such an awesome experience and reinvigorating this game for all of us, you're a champion

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: 2018-11-29 12:05:10 »
Loving your work with this mod @sega_chief.

I ran into a problem though. When tifa is trying to bring back cloud's memories back, I skip the whole thing so I dont have to watch the memories but when I do that for some reason the game crashes on me but when I actually went through the dream sequence it worked.

Also is there a list anywhere that tells me what gives the best gil, ap and xp anywhere.

Can't wait for FF8 NT :D

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: 2018-11-29 16:32:56 »
Farming spots in NT are pretty much the same as vanilla. Outside Mideel is good fast xp, Gelnika is decent everything, All crater enemies give alot of xp, and the Movers in the swampy area of crater are the most AP per battle.

crossman200

• View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Reply #7393 on: 2018-11-29 20:10:55 »
Hi
Bug Reporting/Small request.

While im using the previous Build, i don't than these bugs have been Addressed just yet.
-Cid's Limit Break: Big Brawl suddenly does 0 damage to bosses (I'm unsure if this is a feature of it, and deals no damage for X factor?)
-After fighting Aeris' Mimic, if Tifa is the leader, and she tries to go back to the pedestal where Aeris was praying, the game will auto-lock and Tifa cannot move, this can happen right after the Boss battle, making it so the player has to re-do the whole thing.
-Game Currently Freezes/Crashes when Black Chocobo in Pandora's Box Fight when it uses it 'desperation' attack.
-The NT Debug guy in the center run of the Highwing is still squatting when Tifa and Cloud return to the Highwing in the end-game scene where they also mention than they are also alone, this honestly breaks the inmersion a bit to much.

My Request: May you increase Aeris dialogs? Currently, for example, when You switch Leaders in the Highwind,  she resets her text to the first text when she first gets into the ship, may i ask for her to have unique text for Tifa and Cid? Like Asking him how is his relationship with Shera is going? and for Tifa, implying than if her relationship with could grew a bit after they traveled through the Life-Stream? also add a bit more text in Nibelheim Scene in the North Crater for her aswell.

Talking about Zack, is there in plants to create an scene where  Cloud/Aeris/Tifa give his parents the bad news?
Cloud Ultimate Weapons has been altered, it seems? I know it deals more base off Cloud's Max HP vs Current? If so, there is anyway for Cloud to reach 9999 HP to maximize its damage output? (Not like it was before the Nerf, but the weapon bararly does 2500 damage) Or what is the correct Formula behind it?

Good work with the Mod so far, needs a bit polish here and there, but its coming along beautifully!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: 2018-11-30 16:05:15 »
Loving your work with this mod @sega_chief.

I ran into a problem though. When tifa is trying to bring back cloud's memories back, I skip the whole thing so I dont have to watch the memories but when I do that for some reason the game crashes on me but when I actually went through the dream sequence it worked.

Also is there a list anywhere that tells me what gives the best gil, ap and xp anywhere.

Can't wait for FF8 NT :D

I've not had any other reports about a crash with that skip; do you have any other mods on like character models/field backgrounds? I'll double-check the script just in case.

As far as exp, gil, ap goes the further you move into the game the better it gets. The best spot for AP hands-down though is the Left-Up path in the Crater; Magic Pots now ask for Ethers instead of Elixirs and both they and Mover enemies give vastly increased AP. For EXP, any path should do the trick as enemies give a lot of it in Crater area. Each path also has its own Save Point now, just be wary of overwriting your save file on the first trip down though as there are some new obstacles on each path now. If encounters get too much while you're grabbing everything, remember there's a toggle function on save points to turn random encounters off.

Hi
Bug Reporting/Small request.

While im using the previous Build, i don't than these bugs have been Addressed just yet.
-Cid's Limit Break: Big Brawl suddenly does 0 damage to bosses (I'm unsure if this is a feature of it, and deals no damage for X factor?)
-After fighting Aeris' Mimic, if Tifa is the leader, and she tries to go back to the pedestal where Aeris was praying, the game will auto-lock and Tifa cannot move, this can happen right after the Boss battle, making it so the player has to re-do the whole thing.
-Game Currently Freezes/Crashes when Black Chocobo in Pandora's Box Fight when it uses it 'desperation' attack.
-The NT Debug guy in the center run of the Highwing is still squatting when Tifa and Cloud return to the Highwing in the end-game scene where they also mention than they are also alone, this honestly breaks the inmersion a bit to much.

My Request: May you increase Aeris dialogs? Currently, for example, when You switch Leaders in the Highwind,  she resets her text to the first text when she first gets into the ship, may i ask for her to have unique text for Tifa and Cid? Like Asking him how is his relationship with Shera is going? and for Tifa, implying than if her relationship with could grew a bit after they traveled through the Life-Stream? also add a bit more text in Nibelheim Scene in the North Crater for her aswell.

Talking about Zack, is there in plants to create an scene where  Cloud/Aeris/Tifa give his parents the bad news?
Cloud Ultimate Weapons has been altered, it seems? I know it deals more base off Cloud's Max HP vs Current? If so, there is anyway for Cloud to reach 9999 HP to maximize its damage output? (Not like it was before the Nerf, but the weapon bararly does 2500 damage) Or what is the correct Formula behind it?

Good work with the Mod so far, needs a bit polish here and there, but its coming along beautifully!

Big Brawl is a PC-specific glitch, I'm not sure of the cause but I think DLPB has a fix for it (among other things). The attack is causing damage, it's just that it isn't showing visually; this also means that enemies killed with this Limit Break won't 'vanish' from the field despite being dead; battles should still end as normal though.

I'll check in on the pedestal Tifa thing and the chokh's pandora box; the former I remember being an issue (don't know off the top of my head if it was fixed in latest release) and the latter shouldn't be crashing if it's just using an enemy skill. I'll investigate.

Debug guy will be set to hidden during that scene, should be a simple flag.

I'll add party-leader specific dialogue handlers for Aeris on the Highwind; I'll leave whirlwind maze + corel alone for now though.

Cloud's Ultimate weapon currently uses the same modifier as it did in vanilla, and deals more damage based on how full his HP is. He'll still need strength bonuses and elemental 2x to push toward the damage cap (depends on Defence of the enemy). Try setting him up with a Warrior Bangle, Power Wrist/Champ Belt, and Elemental + element in the weapon; if you're in the Crater, most enemies are weak to Holy for instance (check restorative/life materia, these now confer Holy element).

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #7395 on: 2018-12-01 07:32:06 »
I've not had any other reports about a crash with that skip; do you have any other mods on like character models/field backgrounds? I'll double-check the script just in case.

As far as exp, gil, ap goes the further you move into the game the better it gets. The best spot for AP hands-down though is the Left-Up path in the Crater; Magic Pots now ask for Ethers instead of Elixirs and both they and Mover enemies give vastly increased AP. For EXP, any path should do the trick as enemies give a lot of it in Crater area. Each path also has its own Save Point now, just be wary of overwriting your save file on the first trip down though as there are some new obstacles on each path now. If encounters get too much while you're grabbing everything, remember there's a toggle function on save points to turn random encounters off.

Yeah I have all mods bar the ones that change the look of the bookcases in Shinra HQ ... It is the only part that causes the issue as well, everything else is fine.

Alright well for now I will wait till I get to the Crater to lvl up abit quicker lol.

Also did you put those bug things back to 0 exp in the mideel area ??

Xela20

• View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: 2018-12-01 09:52:50 »
Sega Chief,

I thanked you last night on Death's stream. Just wanted to give you a full run down now that I've completed the game.

It's brilliant - I managed to kill Nemesis, Omega, Ruby, Emerald, that chocobo who gives you Pandora's box. A lot of the time I had to play smart as brute forcing doesn't work.

I wish I could put this on my phone on my PS emulator (I'd never play the original again if that happened).

The Dark Cave was a fantastic addition.

Is there anywhere I can donate since I've enjoyed your hard work so much it seems only fair that I give you something for your amazing project.

Sorry for gushing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: 2018-12-01 14:38:00 »
Yeah I have all mods bar the ones that change the look of the bookcases in Shinra HQ ... It is the only part that causes the issue as well, everything else is fine.

Alright well for now I will wait till I get to the Crater to lvl up abit quicker lol.

Also did you put those bug things back to 0 exp in the mideel area ??

Some Mideel enemies were given a script to set exp to 0 for early parts of the game cause it was possible to power-level super fast off them, except I then changed the way character level is factored in damage formulas (through their AI, so this activates in battle) which sets off the exp 0 script.

Sega Chief,

I thanked you last night on Death's stream. Just wanted to give you a full run down now that I've completed the game.

It's brilliant - I managed to kill Nemesis, Omega, Ruby, Emerald, that chocobo who gives you Pandora's box. A lot of the time I had to play smart as brute forcing doesn't work.

I wish I could put this on my phone on my PS emulator (I'd never play the original again if that happened).

The Dark Cave was a fantastic addition.

Is there anywhere I can donate since I've enjoyed your hard work so much it seems only fair that I give you something for your amazing project.

Sorry for gushing.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's things in the mod I'm not happy with, dark cave being one, but I'm going to do a full overhaul of the mod at some point to iron out the problems. Donations can be made through a link on the first page of this thread but if you change your mind, no worries.

Xela20

• View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: 2018-12-01 16:34:36 »
Sent.

Thanks again for your hard work. Recommended it to a couple of my friends too.

Is Tifa more buxom in the mod than the original or is it my imagination?
« Last Edit: 2018-12-01 16:37:41 by Xela20 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: 2018-12-02 05:42:24 »
Thanks for the donation, I appreciate that.

Sent.

Thanks again for your hard work. Recommended it to a couple of my friends too.

Is Tifa more buxom in the mod than the original or is it my imagination?

The mod adds a fair few things but that isn't one of them lol