Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825680 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7425 on: 2018-12-16 14:32:17 »
Where do I get the enemy skill that used to be Alpha since Alpha Zolom doesn't use that any more? The "where is the thing" file seems a bit outdated, e.g. still listing L5 suicide when that's been replaced with Quarry Fuse.

I tried looking around kernel.bin and it seems like "Alpha" was replaced with "Transfusion" but I can't find any enemies that actually have that skill in scenes.bin

I think it's on Death Joker in the Crater, but the scene still lists it as Alpha. What the game does is, it checks the attack ID and if it's lower than a certain value it'll grab the info for the attack from the kernel instead of the enemy attack list. That means attacks can be changed in the kernel and left as-is in the scene. Usually I keep the two consistent for sanity's sake but I haven't done it this time.

soku

• View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: 2018-12-16 15:17:33 »
Hi Sega Chief and fellow community,

I love your mod, it's really great, thank you.
I learned from my mistake of giving gjoerulv feedback just when I was finished, since I took long breaks and therefore forgot a lot.
If that is of any relevance: I am using the Steam version on Win7.
So without further ado, I'm gonna tell you all the stuff I noticed:

Dialogue:
In Midgar Sector 7, there is this one boy with brown spikey hair who likes to eavesdrop Cloud and Tifa.
The first chance you talk to him, he says somthing like "Explosions, explosions! Avalanche is so cool". So far so good.
His dialogue is changeing the more you progress in the Sector 7 part of the story. But for some reason, on later dialogues, his last sentence is always "Explosions, explosions! Avalanche is so cool". I'm pretty sure that's unintended since that doesn't fit to what he said earlier in that conversation (eg eavesdropping Cloud and Tifa).

In sector 6, there is a house where a man lives, who distrusts both Shinra and Avalanche (upstairs is the boy with the 5 gil / Turbo Ether and the Turtle note). He has a TV. When you approach the TV, the news states that Avalanche blew up "Reactor No. 1 today" - either 1 should be replaced with 5, or today with yesterday.

Kudos to you for improving the mess the original translators (or even the Japanese writers, i dunno, haven't played the original JP version yet) did with Corel. By that I mean eg that in North Corel everyone talked about Barret destroying their town, but their town clearly is located under the Gold Saucer (where the prison is) - with your new dialogue, all of that makes more sense now.

Also the story in the prison itself was not very well - how the hell did Dyne become the boss so quickly? Making Mr. Coates the actual Boss makes much more sense.
But there is also a thing or 2 which could make the whole prison story better:
Only Cloud, Cait Sith and a third person were at the crime scene in Gold Saucer. How did Dyne, Barret and the rest of the party end up in prison too? I know that is too much to ask for, but explaining via dialogue is fine too. Afair, it's now the same explanation from the other party members - "After we heared what happened, we followed you", or smth like that. Not very feasable, and also doesn't explain how Dyne and Barret ended up there.
And just one minor thing about that: there is this one man wandering in prison on the way to Dyne. He says "Dyne is in a bad mood today. Or was it one of his better days?" - Dyne is appearantly here for less than a day - strange that he can judge on that.

Balancing:
Yes I know you don't want NT to become a hard mod. But I feel massively overpowered. Here's the reason:
with early access of Morph (and there is also Steal), I (and I'm sure others as well) wanted to explore all the possible surprises, which means encountering all the enemies and Steal from and Morph them. So I actually never grinded, but Cloud already is Lv. 40 in Niebelheim. I "discovered" the enemy list too late so to say, but then again I found out that the said list is appearantly from an older version, as a tiny part of the information on the current list is incorrect.

At New Game, as well as reaching Gold Saucer for the first time, I was asked if I want to play "Arrange" mode. The only info I have is that Arrange is "harder". Can you please give more info on that? Didn't even find that on the FAQ. Doesn't have to be extremely precise - a couple of sentences like "Enemies give less Exp and have more HP" etc. would be enough.

Just a personal opinion: I don't like it that so far every weapon for Aeris has an extra materia slot compared to the others' weapons (even the double grwoth weapon).  "You want more materia growth without grinding? Too bad, you have to put Aeris in your party".

Vitality and Spirit are still useless - at least compared to Strength and Magic - or if you already have like over 200 def. In battle, I literally can't tell the difference if my armor provides 10 or 30 def. While this is an issue brought up by vanilla FF7, the Mr. Smile upgrade system is something new. Judging from all the options you have (if you disregard the 2 OP options for Aeris), 1 Strength is "worth" the same as 1 Dex, 1 Vit, 1 Mag, 1 Spr and 1 Luck. But in reality, 1 Spirit and 1 Vitality are worth much less. While it's probably not your aim to change the algorithms (which would also be too much to ask for), I, personally, would think, the options where Vitality and Spirit are involved should grant more Spirit and Vitalioty as they do now. The Accessories also won't suffer from providing more. And the armor could also have bigger gaps, so you actually can tell the difference in battle if you have a Four Slots or a Gold Bangle equipped.

Events:
I love the way Yuffie joins the party!

Thank you for the skipping options! I for one haven't used them, as I also wanted to see the altered dialogue. But I'm gonna use them in future probably.

However, I have one particular question: When skipping Cloud's (fake) past, what "did he do"? Eg. for vanilla FF7, Cloud has to play the piano in order to get an extra Elemental materia from Nibelheiom while Tifa leads the party. When skipping, what did Cloud do? Did he enter Tifa's house, played the piano, and sniffed her panties :3 ? It would be very pity to lose out a materia just for skipping a long story you already know.

EDIT: Also, shoutout to the Fort Condor Teleport Guy!

Music:
I like to play with the battle theme. But on some areas (I think all those with new event battles, like where you place the bomb in No. 5 reactor) you never get the Battle theme (field music keeps playing), but you get the victory fanfare. Not a major issue, but I just wanted to tell that.

Conclusion: Very great mod so far! Ofc I don't expect you to alter anything just because one random internet dude told you to. I would also be glad if you just give responses to my suggestions. Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: 2018-12-16 15:22:25 by soku »

unsecured1

• View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: 2018-12-16 16:47:07 »
I mostly like what you've done here mate.

I just reached Junon. So here's my 2cents so far:

- Battles in the original were over way too quickly however they're now a bit too long for my taste, the water snakish boss before junon fight wasn't hard, just boring. Too many hp. Same goes for random battle. A tad too long. +karma for new ai though.

- In vanila there was almost not character customization (limits aside and minor stat change aside) so I really like what you've done.
A bit dissapointed in some inate powers : some do seem to be vastly superior than others. Cloud's one seems particularly lacking (although I was never able to proc it for some reason).
On a side note I read that there's no more access to sources, so I'd like to know if can you still morph your stat to 255 in the sunken plane? Since you can only get a limited number of sp boost, that'd be really mean regarding the end-game!

- Really like what you've done with weapons/equipments. No downside in in my book.

- Same goes with materia (and early access to some), just really sad that long-range is not available anymore. I fail to see the need to remove that one, having to sacrifice one materia slot was pricy enough imo. I am really affraid of going melee route sp build with non-ranged characters (altough I really want my cloud to swing that sword! ). Don't wanna get stuck going magic user for any non ranged character ! We'll see...

- Thanks for getting rid of them boring mini games...

- I could do things wrong but I noticed some frustrating difficulty spikes. For example you get access to sp quite late : the turks fight was a pain, very very very long fight again). Normal attacks seems to be largely inferior to magic ( with early access to osmose ) early on. I do remember that it was quite the same in the unmodded version so it could get better later on.

So nice job overall, I'll play a bit more and see.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: 2018-12-16 20:41:51 »

I'll clean up the inconsistencies in text.

As far as Defence goes, it seems to scale up and hits a tipping point of some kind. A character with 200+ defence becomes very tough to kill. The character AI currently doubles the held defence value so your defence stats are actually 2x what they would be in default (enemy defence actually does the same in default game).

When skipping the Nibelheim flashback, all the flags needed to obtain Elemental materia later on are flipped. He'll mention playing the piano during the whirlwind maze illusion.

Music has a few inconsistencies; I implemented it in a fairly sloppy way that breaks in scenes where multiple music tracks are used. I've tried to patch this up as best I can for the time being but will be sorting it out properly at some point in the future.

For physical attacks, Elemental materia is quite important as it'll double your damage. You can gain access to mostly all the elements early on as some were added to support materia; restore/life has Holy on it, Heal has Water element, etc. One thing to remember is that anything to do with Jenova will always be weak to Holy, large/heavy enemies will be weak to Earth, flying enemies will be weak to Wind, stuff like that. For randoms, Fire/Ice tends to work.

Buffing the stat up with armour/accessories can help as well. Physical builds can be really effective if you invest in them, so stick at it. At Gongaga you'll find Added Cut materia which can be great with a physical-built character as they'll be able to hit with Magic and follow up with a physical attack for potentially huge damage.

The Turks fight in Mythril Mines I think was altered so that only one of them had to be beaten to end the battle. Did you have to KO both of them?

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: 2018-12-17 22:17:24 »
How do you get Crystal Glove after you've done the huge materia quest, since it's needed for Tifa's ultimate weapon? After heading back to Junon the dog's still blocking the way and the door to the underwater reactor's locked, and in the spreadsheet I can't find any other enemy to get Crystal Glove from.

unsecured1

• View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: 2018-12-18 20:38:37 »
I'll clean up the inconsistencies in text.

As far as Defence goes, it seems to scale up and hits a tipping point of some kind. A character with 200+ defence becomes very tough to kill. The character AI currently doubles the held defence value so your defence stats are actually 2x what they would be in default (enemy defence actually does the same in default game).

When skipping the Nibelheim flashback, all the flags needed to obtain Elemental materia later on are flipped. He'll mention playing the piano during the whirlwind maze illusion.

Music has a few inconsistencies; I implemented it in a fairly sloppy way that breaks in scenes where multiple music tracks are used. I've tried to patch this up as best I can for the time being but will be sorting it out properly at some point in the future.

For physical attacks, Elemental materia is quite important as it'll double your damage. You can gain access to mostly all the elements early on as some were added to support materia; restore/life has Holy on it, Heal has Water element, etc. One thing to remember is that anything to do with Jenova will always be weak to Holy, large/heavy enemies will be weak to Earth, flying enemies will be weak to Wind, stuff like that. For randoms, Fire/Ice tends to work.

Buffing the stat up with armour/accessories can help as well. Physical builds can be really effective if you invest in them, so stick at it. At Gongaga you'll find Added Cut materia which can be great with a physical-built character as they'll be able to hit with Magic and follow up with a physical attack for potentially huge damage.

The Turks fight in Mythril Mines I think was altered so that only one of them had to be beaten to end the battle. Did you have to KO both of them?

Yes I had to KO both of them.
Speaking about Gongaga I can't seem to be able find the Added Cut Materia. I get Deathblow instead, I read that both were swapped in a previous ver or something, so I wonder if I am actually playing the latest NT ver (I dl the latest 7th heaven ).

Thanks for the repply mate.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: 2018-12-19 00:31:13 »
How do you get Crystal Glove after you've done the huge materia quest, since it's needed for Tifa's ultimate weapon? After heading back to Junon the dog's still blocking the way and the door to the underwater reactor's locked, and in the spreadsheet I can't find any other enemy to get Crystal Glove from.

You can buy them from the manic shopper in ruined Mideel; if you head left after entering the town, there's an incline you can scale that leads to a platform with her on it. You can also buy them from the merchant in black on the Highwind (near the Operations Room).

Yes I had to KO both of them.
Speaking about Gongaga I can't seem to be able find the Added Cut Materia. I get Deathblow instead, I read that both were swapped in a previous ver or something, so I wonder if I am actually playing the latest NT ver (I dl the latest 7th heaven ).

Thanks for the repply mate.

Sounds like an early version; the 7H version supplied in the catalog is fairly old now. There's an IRO on the first page of this thread that can be imported into 7H for the most recent build of the mod.

Just be aware that the new builds of the mod use their own modified .EXEs which are supplied in the download and should be dropped into the FF7 folder. ff7.exe is for 1998 (primarily used by 7H converted games as well), ff7_en.exe is for Steam, and the ff7_bc.exe is for compatibility with the 'Beacause' mod. If unsure, drop all 3 into the FF7 folder; and remember to keep a copy of your original .EXEs as backups so you can revert to vanilla.

Porting over to the newest version should be OK except for one thing; rank up handling was changed so this may get messed up. I can fix your save file(s) so that this doesn't cause issues however.

If you decide to stick to the version you're currently playing, it should be OK but be aware that some bugs/balancing problems may be around. I'm not exactly sure how old that version is, just that it hasn't been updated in a long while; if Deathblow is still in Gongaga then it must be fairly old.

unsecured1

• View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: 2018-12-19 06:50:31 »
Na don't worry I'll start from sractch, I am not too happy about some sp choice. Thanks !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: 2018-12-19 16:31:28 »
Na don't worry I'll start from sractch, I am not too happy about some sp choice. Thanks !

OK; just mind that the .exe changes have altered sources so that 1 use = +5 to a stat (so you'll get 3 sources instead of 15, for instance; cuts down button mashing). Make sure to drop the .exes into the FF7 folder and check that the sources give +5 instead of +1 per use when you reach mythril mines again.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: 2018-12-19 18:51:31 »
Hi guys, quite struggling here with the Lambda Calcule boss in the Shinra Masion. It appears to be almost invincible to me, especially the second form (both physical and magical versions) which, I understand, appears randomly after the initial version.

It's specifically unclear how to avoid/minimize the "R = (x ,y, z, ict)" move, which remove all negative statuses from the boss, restores approx 3000 hp (my strongest attack with quake 2 is 800) and activates shell (for the physical version) which makes everything damn ineffective. I tried to use debarr, but it looks that this increases the frequency with which the boss uses "R = (x ,y, z, ict)".

I feel I am on a standstill.

My party is approx lvl 33 (Cloud is 35) and I'm using Barret and Cait Sith.

I also noticed that the mod (I'm using 7H) is behaving differently from what is showed in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pgBaUfCBU

It rather seems more like it behaves like v 1.4 (here being https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7EyLx5YL68)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: 2018-12-19 22:42:43 »
From describing it it sounds harder than the version I'm using (1.5 from the latest installer) so I can't be much help, but I tried getting earth+elemental and added effect stop in my physical attacker's weapon.

@Sega There's a few weird, possibly buggy, things I noticed.

I noticed this inaccessible NPC here when I went back into Kalm in Disc 3.

Both Cait Sith #1 and Safer Mog are susceptible to mini, which while being hilarious also looks really weird when one of them gets tiny in the middle of the fight.

In the July patch notes you said you could get Transfusion from manipulating Death Dealer, but it can't be manipped.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: 2018-12-20 18:05:45 »
Hi guys, quite struggling here with the Lambda Calcule boss in the Shinra Masion. It appears to be almost invincible to me, especially the second form (both physical and magical versions) which, I understand, appears randomly after the initial version.

It's specifically unclear how to avoid/minimize the "R = (x ,y, z, ict)" move, which remove all negative statuses from the boss, restores approx 3000 hp (my strongest attack with quake 2 is 800) and activates shell (for the physical version) which makes everything damn ineffective. I tried to use debarr, but it looks that this increases the frequency with which the boss uses "R = (x ,y, z, ict)".

I feel I am on a standstill.

My party is approx lvl 33 (Cloud is 35) and I'm using Barret and Cait Sith.

I also noticed that the mod (I'm using 7H) is behaving differently from what is showed in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pgBaUfCBU

It rather seems more like it behaves like v 1.4 (here being https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7EyLx5YL68)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it was a few versions ago then this info may be out of date, but:

The split mechanic is the same as vanilla; at 50% HP, a physical attack will leave you with the magic side and a magic attack will give you the physical side. All 3 forms can be hit with Stop status (and Slow, which extends the duration of Stop) so an Hourglass item, Aeris' Seal Evil Limit, or Added Effect + Time in a weapon can help you pin him down a lot easier.

Poison will work on the first form but the other forms absorb it so use an Antidote to remove Poison once he changes. Earth deals 2x damage against all 3 forms so that's the element to stick with attack-wise.

The Magic form will attack with Ruin spells which upgrade over time. These are non-elemental but can be reflected back at the boss. You can also Silence this form to prevent him casting these spells. The Physical form has a self-heal he'll use at the end of his attack cycle which is based on the in-game timer.

So to summarise; set up to use Earth element, at the 50% mark use physical/magic attack to spawn your favoured side, and make use of Slow + Stop from Hourglass, Seal Evil, Added Effect, or the spell (but it's unlikely you'll have Stop unlocked by this point).

Hovering NPC is an issue I've not sorted yet; all field models are present on a field, but when not in use are usually placed in a location and set to invisible; this one is in the default location but hasn't been set invisible.

Mini against Cait and Mog is intended. Death Dealer not being vulnerable to Manip wasn't though. I think there was an issue with transfusion itself. I'll sort that out when I put a patch together.

Dscamelot

• View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: 2018-12-21 06:39:21 »
Can i change language like italian if i have the patch? Or is impossible without breack the mod?

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: 2018-12-21 10:51:17 »

The split mechanic is the same as vanilla; at 50% HP, a physical attack will leave you with the magic side and a magic attack will give you the physical side. All 3 forms can be hit with Stop status (and Slow, which extends the duration of Stop) so an Hourglass item, Aeris' Seal Evil Limit, or Added Effect + Time in a weapon can help you pin him down a lot easier.

Poison will work on the first form but the other forms absorb it so use an Antidote to remove Poison once he changes. Earth deals 2x damage against all 3 forms so that's the element to stick with attack-wise.

The Magic form will attack with Ruin spells which upgrade over time. These are non-elemental but can be reflected back at the boss. You can also Silence this form to prevent him casting these spells. The Physical form has a self-heal he'll use at the end of his attack cycle which is based on the in-game timer.

So to summarise; set up to use Earth element, at the 50% mark use physical/magic attack to spawn your favoured side, and make use of Slow + Stop from Hourglass, Seal Evil, Added Effect, or the spell (but it's unlikely you'll have Stop unlocked by this point).

Thank you very very much for your quick and detailed answer.

After a bit of digging, I noticed that using your mod with 7H caused a weird situation where the stat modifiers on the materia are very different from what intended. For example, equipping a summon materia, will give you +25 magic and +25% max mp but also -25 strength and -25% max hp plus a bunch of other negative stats. I think this was due to the fact I was using the menu overhaul mod (therefore using ff7_mo.exe) in addition to the New Thread mod. Also the sources I used so fare are all +1 instead of +5 as it was meant to be. So now I disabled the menu overhaul mod and I am using the normal .exe file and things look easier.

I wonder if there is an easy way to tune a bit my chars stats from the less effective sources I used so far.

Anyway, thank you again for your time and your amazing mod, it really brought new life to this masterpiece.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: 2018-12-21 19:22:54 »
Thats not an issue with 7h. You are using the wrong exe. NT requires a custom exe that is included with the download. There is an ff7_en.exe for steam ff7_bc.exe to use with Menu overhaul. and a ff7.exe that is for 7h with no Menu overhaul. You CANNOT use beacause with NT as it edits field scripts.

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7440 on: 2018-12-21 21:03:39 »
I wonder if there is an easy way to tune a bit my chars stats from the less effective sources I used so far.
I don't think you can do it at your point in the game, but I know that later on (I think once you get the Highwind?) you can reset the rank of your characters, so you could obtain the stat ups again.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: 2018-12-21 22:33:19 »
Thats not an issue with 7h. You are using the wrong exe. NT requires a custom exe that is included with the download. There is an ff7_en.exe for steam ff7_bc.exe to use with Menu overhaul. and a ff7.exe that is for 7h with no Menu overhaul. You CANNOT use beacause with NT as it edits field scripts.

I see, infact I haven't used the because mod, but only the menu overhaul mod, which is intended to use the ff7_mo.exe file, the one I used.

I don't think you can do it at your point in the game, but I know that later on (I think once you get the Highwind?) you can reset the rank of your characters, so you could obtain the stat ups again.

Thank you. I eventually ended up using the black chocobo tool to redefine the stats of my chars from the save file. It's quite handy and very unintrusive.

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: 2018-12-22 05:52:18 »
So I've done every sidequest in the game and beaten every boss, but I haven't been able to find "King Bub" and "Royal Guard" said to be in Kalm in the Enemy Items spreadsheet. I've tried talking to every NPC in Kalm but I didn't see anything hinting at a boss fight. How do I encounter this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: 2018-12-22 17:47:33 »
Can i change language like italian if i have the patch? Or is impossible without breack the mod?

A direct patch will likely kill NT's field scripts and break the mod. But a tool called Touphscript can dump all the mod's text and then the italian script could be placed in that way.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11944.0

If this is a no-go, send me the italian patch and I'll see what I can do.

Make sure that Sources are giving +5 per use and not +1; if it's not +5 then the .EXE isn't in use.

So I've done every sidequest in the game and beaten every boss, but I haven't been able to find "King Bub" and "Royal Guard" said to be in Kalm in the Enemy Items spreadsheet. I've tried talking to every NPC in Kalm but I didn't see anything hinting at a boss fight. How do I encounter this?

That encounter was removed from later versions; there's actually quite a few cut encounters in the files now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-22 17:53:09 by Sega Chief »

soku

• View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: 2018-12-23 15:48:07 »
Hi again,

thank you for answering, Sega Chief. If you are interested, I noticed more things and / or some I forgot to mention on my last post:

Dialogue again:
In Wutai, in front of the Pagoda, there is a man who looks like Gorkii - he explains the pagoda to Cloud. He mentions that the guardians are "Power, Speed, Magic, War and Omni". However, when climbing the Pagoda, Power is actually "Defense", and War is "Weapons".

I also wanted to report inconsistencies in Gorkii's name - but after beating Godo, more names, even wackier ones were used for him, so now I'm pretty sure that it's an intended joke.

I would kind of agree that every dialogue-related thing I brought up so far was nitpicking. But this one line during Yuffie's Gold Saucer date is the first one which I really think ruined character developement (kind of). Now we all know Yuffie is not the most honorable person. I can kind of understand the "Who the hell is Marlene" thing, maybe that naver came up so she really might not know about her. But her line after Cait Sith handed over the Keystone really is out of character, if you ask me:
"So you sold us out to Shinra - There goes my exit plan"
And I'm gonna tell you why I think so:
Yuffie is after the party's materia. She needs it to avenge her hometown ergo fighing Shinra. Eventually she also learns that the main party is doing "the right thing" (at least the fighting Shinra part) - this is revealed when she and Godo are arguing in Godo's mansion. Then at the date she kisses Cloud, and actually feels well doing so, after the gondola ride.
Given that information, how can she still think of selling out the party? Especially to Shinra!

Suggestions: If you are looking for some extra dialogue / text to put in some dungeons, I have some suggestions:
1) Tifa in the party when climbing Mt. Nibel: She can have a talk with Cloud on the bridge about that incident ("testing" Cloud again how much he knows about the bridge tearing 5 years ago, and maybe also some comments about falling over the bridge together about 10(?) years ago. Maybe also on that place where they landed 5 years ago (where the 2nd Shinra grunt was lost / died).
Also, returning to the place where Tifa's father got murdered with her in the party would be a possibility.

2) Tifa and/or Aeris in the party during the 2nd half (Corneo part) of the Wutai story. This is kind of self-explanatory.

Miscellaneous:
Another one which was already flawed in vanilla: the Limit Breaks "Blood Fang" and "Dragon". They deal damage and suppose to drain the enemy's HP and MP. But the HP draining only works if the enemy has MP. And also, you can never drain/heal more HP than MP.
Example:
You hit a Spencer with Blood Fang, dealing over 1,000 damage. Spencers only have 30 MP. Red XIII will heal for 30 MP, but also only for 30 HP, which is a joke. As I said, on enemies with 0 MP, those limit breaks won't even heal for a single HP.
It would be great if you would be able to fix this.

I also like the new Items which were introduced, but the order is kind of messed up. What I mean: when sorting your Items, only one option makes sense (Type). In vanilla, it was pretty good, only the playe of the Eye Drops was messed up (it ended up somewhere in the middle of status infliction items). But most of the new items end up at the bottom (still above Equipment items, but underneath Tent, Greens, Nuts, Battery etc.), far away from other items with similar effects. I know what is causing this (those items were either dummies, or the useless items like Super Sweeper etc.) - but is there a way to change the order of "Type"?
I admit that this one is a rather minor issue though.

So the Cursed Ring grants more stats, but has a more devestating curse. As far as I noticed, restorative is neutralized, and if you look in the status menu, you'll see that you are also now immune to regen. But when using Aeris's "Planet Protector", it just said "Miss" on the cursed character, although it didn't say in the status that it also grants "immunity" to Barriers and Shield.

Another Wutai thing: according to your excel file (and proud clod as well), you can morph Chekhov into a Wizard Bracelet. But you can't, actually. Well at least I have not found a way to make Chekhov receive damage from Morph, as she is immune to physical damage. I tried to drain all her 999 MP away, that didn't break any sort of "protection", as well as casting Dispel. So you are just mocking us with that Wizard Bracelet, aren't you? ;)

And last but not least: Can you please tell me what the Arrange mod does?

EDIT: Forgot another thing which I wanted to report in my first post, fml.
Howl Comb appearantely does not inflict Berserk at all, although the description says so.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-24 10:44:38 by soku »

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: 2018-12-23 20:10:04 »
Arrange mode changes some of the fights to generally be harder. One of the obvious effects of this is that in the Rufus and Dark Nation fight, Dark Nation takes 0 damage. I believe there's a bunch more stat/AI changes throughout most enemies in the game with arrange mode on.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: 2018-12-23 21:29:24 »
I think I might have missed a couple of important materia. I'm about to go into the City of Ancients for the first time (disk 1, just after having stolen the Tiny Bronko), and I haven't found neither the deathblow materia nor the titan summon materia. Have they been removed or moved further in the game? Or have I just missed those? If the latter, could you pls tell me where can I find these items?

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: 2018-12-23 23:44:10 »
You probably missed Titan, it's at Gongaga in normal ff7 and I don't think it was moved. You don't get Deathblow until Great Glacier though (where you normally get Added Cut).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: 2018-12-24 21:06:19 »
Hi again,

thank you for answering, Sega Chief. If you are interested, I noticed more things and / or some I forgot to mention on my last post:

Dialogue again:
In Wutai, in front of the Pagoda, there is a man who looks like Gorkii - he explains the pagoda to Cloud. He mentions that the guardians are "Power, Speed, Magic, War and Omni". However, when climbing the Pagoda, Power is actually "Defense", and War is "Weapons".

I also wanted to report inconsistencies in Gorkii's name - but after beating Godo, more names, even wackier ones were used for him, so now I'm pretty sure that it's an intended joke.

Yeah the Gorki thing was a joke, I couldn't keep track of it so I just made them all different. I missed the dialogue where it uses the old names for the attributes so I'll change that.

I would kind of agree that every dialogue-related thing I brought up so far was nitpicking. But this one line during Yuffie's Gold Saucer date is the first one which I really think ruined character developement (kind of). Now we all know Yuffie is not the most honorable person. I can kind of understand the "Who the hell is Marlene" thing, maybe that naver came up so she really might not know about her. But her line after Cait Sith handed over the Keystone really is out of character, if you ask me:
"So you sold us out to Shinra - There goes my exit plan"
And I'm gonna tell you why I think so:
Yuffie is after the party's materia. She needs it to avenge her hometown ergo fighing Shinra. Eventually she also learns that the main party is doing "the right thing" (at least the fighting Shinra part) - this is revealed when she and Godo are arguing in Godo's mansion. Then at the date she kisses Cloud, and actually feels well doing so, after the gondola ride.
Given that information, how can she still think of selling out the party? Especially to Shinra!

I disagree about Yuffie having character development; she's one of those characters that pokes fun at the concept. During the pagoda's last scene, it's played fairly straight right up until the end until Godo suggests that she make off with the party's materia anyway, once all the fighting is done, and she says something like 'heh heh, you bet' implying that nothing has changed after all.

By the end of the game, going by default game dialogue, she's more or less the same; moaning about having to fight Sephiroth, trying to con Cloud into signing a contract to give away the party's stuff, things like that. In the extended universe, there is character development (I think? been a while since I played them) but I'm sticking to original game's characterisation.

Suggestions: If you are looking for some extra dialogue / text to put in some dungeons, I have some suggestions:
1) Tifa in the party when climbing Mt. Nibel: She can have a talk with Cloud on the bridge about that incident ("testing" Cloud again how much he knows about the bridge tearing 5 years ago, and maybe also some comments about falling over the bridge together about 10(?) years ago. Maybe also on that place where they landed 5 years ago (where the 2nd Shinra grunt was lost / died).
Also, returning to the place where Tifa's father got murdered with her in the party would be a possibility.

2) Tifa and/or Aeris in the party during the 2nd half (Corneo part) of the Wutai story. This is kind of self-explanatory.

Could do, I guess; Mt. Nibel doesn't have a lot going on scene-wise but need to be careful about having too many scenes or it'll start to feel obstructive.

Miscellaneous:
Another one which was already flawed in vanilla: the Limit Breaks "Blood Fang" and "Dragon". They deal damage and suppose to drain the enemy's HP and MP. But the HP draining only works if the enemy has MP. And also, you can never drain/heal more HP than MP.
Example:
You hit a Spencer with Blood Fang, dealing over 1,000 damage. Spencers only have 30 MP. Red XIII will heal for 30 MP, but also only for 30 HP, which is a joke. As I said, on enemies with 0 MP, those limit breaks won't even heal for a single HP.
It would be great if you would be able to fix this.

I've never really looked into it, the Drain HP/MP effect is a bit busted though (or at least feels that way).

I also like the new Items which were introduced, but the order is kind of messed up. What I mean: when sorting your Items, only one option makes sense (Type). In vanilla, it was pretty good, only the playe of the Eye Drops was messed up (it ended up somewhere in the middle of status infliction items). But most of the new items end up at the bottom (still above Equipment items, but underneath Tent, Greens, Nuts, Battery etc.), far away from other items with similar effects. I know what is causing this (those items were either dummies, or the useless items like Super Sweeper etc.) - but is there a way to change the order of "Type"?
I admit that this one is a rather minor issue though.

So the Cursed Ring grants more stats, but has a more devestating curse. As far as I noticed, restorative is neutralized, and if you look in the status menu, you'll see that you are also now immune to regen. But when using Aeris's "Planet Protector", it just said "Miss" on the cursed character, although it didn't say in the status that it also grants "immunity" to Barriers and Shield.

Another Wutai thing: according to your excel file (and proud clod as well), you can morph Chekhov into a Wizard Bracelet. But you can't, actually. Well at least I have not found a way to make Chekhov receive damage from Morph, as she is immune to physical damage. I tried to drain all her 999 MP away, that didn't break any sort of "protection", as well as casting Dispel. So you are just mocking us with that Wizard Bracelet, aren't you? ;)

And last but not least: Can you please tell me what the Arrange mod does?

EDIT: Forgot another thing which I wanted to report in my first post, fml.
Howl Comb appearantely does not inflict Berserk at all, although the description says so.

I think the only item sort that 'works' is the Type one, which actually just sorts them based on their item ID (that's why Eye Drops was dislocated from the other status healing items; it had a much higher ID than the others). The new items were also added to the end of the list as you can't 'insert' items with the tool, you have to manually recode every item back in (also, other tools except makou don't track changed items so it can get a bit confusing to keep track of when modding).

With an immunity to an element (restore in this case), any statuses associated with the attack will also miss. Planet Protector has restore element so it'll miss when used on someone with Curse Ring equipped.

The Pagoda bosses having a morph item was an oversight that crept in as these enemies were changed in later builds.

Arrange Mode ups enemy level, unlocks new attacks for them, and changes some boss encounters for different ones.

And Howl Comb I think should have same chance to inflict status ailments as a Added Effect combo.

Edit:
Thanks to F. L. F and A. G. for the donations, I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-24 21:29:38 by Sega Chief »

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: 2018-12-26 03:44:37 »

Was just reading the forum to catch up a bit, when I´d read this about the Shinra Mansion safe beast. Maybe you remember that I did start over because I used an old NT mod from 7h, and I assumed it was the newest version this time. But when I fought the beast from the safe, after beating the first version, I had to fight both the fysical as the magical version at the same time. Does that mean I have an old version again?... thanks in advance. (Or is it because I play the Arranged mode)
« Last Edit: 2018-12-26 03:46:55 by DFR66 »