Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825597 times)

levantine

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7400 on: 2018-12-02 09:40:49 »
Hello !
About Tifa, is there any way to get only "hit"on her limit ? I know there is a cheat mod for getting only "yeah!" but this make her over mega uber powered lol
With only "hit" we could get a really balanced and not stressfully limit break with her, just a question, as every one said this mod is perfect no doubt on it ^^

I don't know where to post the next question so i will do there, i see that you're working on a ff8 nt mod, do you know when you will launch it? I'm so hype to play at it, you've got nice ideas for this (i particulary enjoy the junctions and the full draw option you input in), hope we will have a challenge and balanced game such as ff7 nt :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: 2018-12-02 14:43:50 »
Hello !
About Tifa, is there any way to get only "hit"on her limit ? I know there is a cheat mod for getting only "yeah!" but this make her over mega uber powered lol
With only "hit" we could get a really balanced and not stressfully limit break with her, just a question, as every one said this mod is perfect no doubt on it ^^

I don't know where to post the next question so i will do there, i see that you're working on a ff8 nt mod, do you know when you will launch it? I'm so hype to play at it, you've got nice ideas for this (i particulary enjoy the junctions and the full draw option you input in), hope we will have a challenge and balanced game such as ff7 nt :D

Adjusted FF7 NT files with no miss reels:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r581j5o0kp57auh/Reels_EXEs_NT.zip/file

FF8 NT is coming along, still no real idea when it'll be finished though; can run into issues at any time with it, like the new spells not being part of the sort for instance (which means they get lost s:)

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: 2018-12-02 17:04:31 »
I tried your "adjusted file", it works there are no "miss", but i still have "yeah", i was asking to have one with no "miss" and no "yeah", only "hit" in her jackpot, if you can patch an other one with thoose config it would be great (i hope i don t ask so much to you...)

Ok so we have to wait until you resolved thoose issues on ff8, take your time, i'm not the only one who will wait for it as long as it need because we know that you can do a ff8 such great as your ff7 nt :p

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: 2018-12-02 22:27:21 »
It seems that there is a bug on mediafire, i tell me :

Upload still in progress…

Download not available yet because the upload for this file is still in progress. Approximate completion time below.
Download ready soon…

Strange, maybe it will be good tomorrow, anyway thx for the sharing !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: 2018-12-03 09:45:11 »
Perfect thx a lot !

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: 2018-12-03 20:44:44 »
Hey !
I have a bug, at the end of CD1 after beatting jenova aeris did not revive, i remember in old version of nt there were is message for revive her or not, did i miss something ? (i have 10 phoenix tail in my inventory, have cloud tifa and red13, and every one were alive at the end of the fight)

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: 2018-12-03 21:02:45 »
her reviving or not is based on the option you chose prior to the fight. I believe you want to pick the grey option for her to live.

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: 2018-12-04 06:45:45 »
Has anyone got a list of what of enemies have which parts for the Ultimate Weapons at all .. I read in an earlier post that Sega was going to get around to it at some stage but not sure if he has or not haha

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7410 on: 2018-12-04 08:37:01 »
Ahh that's it, i will try it later but i see wich option you speak about UpRisen ! I played a lot to this game, so during the speaking, i spam a lot the X touch for pass it as fast as possible x)

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: 2018-12-06 09:49:50 »
Ummmm I may have done something in the game and Weapon has disappeared (the one that flies around). I have flown all over the map and cant seem to find him anywhere ... I have done all the special battles in the battle arena and dark cave (not sure if I was supposed to before killing weapon).

If someone can help me that would be amazing ty :D

Edit: Nvm I found him in the crater haha
« Last Edit: 2018-12-06 10:04:50 by Crossfade »

Neclock

• View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: 2018-12-08 01:38:38 »
why Cloud's weapons were so sharply nerfed ?, In addition to its innate ability is a little useless because it activates very late and only serves in boss fights, It should be changed by something like:

Mako energy

The damage of Cloud increases the less ps you get ...

Or something like that but Cloud needs a buff ... His weapons above all, Why seriously, Seeing the cloud weapons with Black chocobo until Butterfly edge has less damage than the Buster sword  :-\, On the other hand is the mod good, Pretty complicated the truth  :-P

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: 2018-12-08 10:54:31 »
Alot of weapons in New Threat give actual stats instead of just having high attack values. This tunes the damage down so you dont hit the cap early but still makes the characters very strong. If you think Cloud is weak because of his weapons then you either chose the wrong stat upgrades for the weapon you are using, or you just dont quite grasp the value of extra stats like + 10 spirit or dex.
So it may seem like cloud got nerfed, but actually hes been buffed pretty nicely. Hes the 3rd best character in the mod.

CrinosWolf500

« Reply #7414 on: 2018-12-09 13:13:51 »
Hi, I would like to say that I like the addition of updated models in this mod. Barrett, Cloud, Tifa and Aerith's field models have some nice new features. However one thing that bothered me is the NPC's models, as said in the notes, you got rid of the gaping "O" mouths that they all have, which I am pleased about because they just looked out right creepy and stupid with those mouths. However, you also removed the mouths from the main characters, which I understand that maybe you're trying to give them the original retro Playstation look by simply giving them a blank mouth texture, but I honestly think you should just give them their mouths back since they had regular ones in comparison to the NPCs.

Also, while I was looking through the forums on the case of the NPC's mouths, I came across this thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14425.0 which contained a post from you back in 2013. You posted three different links, one that simply removes all NPCs mouths, one that removes all mouths from all characters including the main ones (which gives out the same look the models have in this mod), and one that simply gives the NPCs the same kind of mouths that all the main characters have.
This might just be personal preference, but I think you should have gone with the option of just giving the NPCs the same kind of mouths as the main character's field models have.
I know you may have other projects in the works, but if you ever plan to update this, do you think in the future you could provide an optional file that will give the main characters their mouths back and will also give the NPCs the same kind of mouths as them? Like I said, I understand that your maybe trying to recreate the original retro look of the PS1 release, but personally I think the models would look better if they just had the same kind of mouths as the main characters in a vanilla game. It'll make them look more unique if you ask me, instead of just having straight out blank mouths.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

azrael gargamel

• View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: 2018-12-09 21:55:17 »
hi guys, I just have a question.
I ended the v1.54, but I found no Enemy skill materia.
Is that normal? Did I miss it or it doesn't exist?

Neclock

• View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: 2018-12-10 00:34:45 »
Alot of weapons in New Threat give actual stats instead of just having high attack values. This tunes the damage down so you dont hit the cap early but still makes the characters very strong. If you think Cloud is weak because of his weapons then you either chose the wrong stat upgrades for the weapon you are using, or you just dont quite grasp the value of extra stats like + 10 spirit or dex.
So it may seem like cloud got nerfed, but actually hes been buffed pretty nicely. Hes the 3rd best character in the mod.

Thanks for the inconvenience of answering  :lol:, The truth is that at the beginning Cloud was strong because I started climbing levels, but now that I'm on the 65th floor of Shinra HQ (First time) I have noticed that its damage is minor despite it has 2 levels more than the others, including magic attack, a doubt, in which turn is the skill activated? and what is the best weapon for normal attacks in early game for Cloud?

Neclock

• View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: 2018-12-10 00:37:00 »

And what do you mean with: "then you either choose the wrong stat upgrades for the weapon you are using" ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: 2018-12-10 03:57:54 »
Hi, I would like to say that I like the addition of updated models in this mod. Barrett, Cloud, Tifa and Aerith's field models have some nice new features. However one thing that bothered me is the NPC's models, as said in the notes, you got rid of the gaping "O" mouths that they all have, which I am pleased about because they just looked out right creepy and stupid with those mouths. However, you also removed the mouths from the main characters, which I understand that maybe you're trying to give them the original retro Playstation look by simply giving them a blank mouth texture, but I honestly think you should just give them their mouths back since they had regular ones in comparison to the NPCs.

Also, while I was looking through the forums on the case of the NPC's mouths, I came across this thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14425.0 which contained a post from you back in 2013. You posted three different links, one that simply removes all NPCs mouths, one that removes all mouths from all characters including the main ones (which gives out the same look the models have in this mod), and one that simply gives the NPCs the same kind of mouths that all the main characters have.
This might just be personal preference, but I think you should have gone with the option of just giving the NPCs the same kind of mouths as the main character's field models have.
I know you may have other projects in the works, but if you ever plan to update this, do you think in the future you could provide an optional file that will give the main characters their mouths back and will also give the NPCs the same kind of mouths as them? Like I said, I understand that your maybe trying to recreate the original retro look of the PS1 release, but personally I think the models would look better if they just had the same kind of mouths as the main characters in a vanilla game. It'll make them look more unique if you ask me, instead of just having straight out blank mouths.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Those were my first mods. I went with the psx-style because I felt it was a better fit for the scenes, as the models, animations, etc. rely a lot on impressionism (as in, your brain fills in the missing details based on context).

I could add a 7H option where it restores the texture, and a mini-installer that patches an NT char.lgp with the textures. I think I still have the files here.

hi guys, I just have a question.
I ended the v1.54, but I found no Enemy skill materia.
Is that normal? Did I miss it or it doesn't exist?

There are two potential causes, and both are pretty bad:
1. Did you start from a new game or from the Reactor 1 save point? Some players start from that save to skip the opening FMV but this means the intended initial state for all the characters, etc. isn't set so you end up with Red XIII joining without Enemy Skill equipped.

2. If playing through 7H version, it hasn't been set up properly and so the kernel isn't getting patched by the program. This means something was missed during installation, like the Game Conversion.

Thanks for the inconvenience of answering  :lol:, The truth is that at the beginning Cloud was strong because I started climbing levels, but now that I'm on the 65th floor of Shinra HQ (First time) I have noticed that its damage is minor despite it has 2 levels more than the others, including magic attack, a doubt, in which turn is the skill activated? and what is the best weapon for normal attacks in early game for Cloud?

I think in the current build, whenever a Limit Break is used Cloud gets a boost to Strength and Magic; this wears off after a while and can then be triggered again by another Limit Break.

When you leave Midgar, you'll start to pick up additional weapons. The idea was to balance the early-game weapons against each other, and then phase them out with direct upgrades as you progress further into the game.

These weapons are also designed to compliment the stats you decide to boost for the characters, a feature that is unlocked after clearing the Mythril Mines.
Buster Sword: high base attack, less materia slots
Mythril Saber: lower attack, but boosts Magic
Hardedge: Boosts defence
Force Stealer: Drains HP as damage

When you reach Cosmo Canyon, the Buster Sword becomes redundant as Butterfly Edge gives slightly higher attack while also giving a Dexterity boost and more materia slots.

CrinosWolf500

« Reply #7419 on: 2018-12-10 16:30:05 »
Sounds good to me, as long as you release an option to restore the mouths and gives the npcs "normal looking" mouths (the same as the main characters), then I'll be happy with that. Thanks :)

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: 2018-12-12 01:47:19 »

:)

Gonna have to  disagree with you. He's totally outclassed by cid/yuffie/barret. And I'd say Tifa too, just because what she brings to the party is pretty ludicrous.
Anyone who can backline with no damage penalty is instantly more valuable than anyone who can't -50% damage >>>>>>
« Last Edit: 2018-12-12 13:28:32 by jugend »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: 2018-12-13 11:55:37 »
I hadn't use the November hot fix and after resetting my Ranks I saw SP was reset, but the sources were not taken away or cancelled (could be a fun game breaker...)

But, is there currently no way to properly reset ranks then ?

Thanks as always -

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: 2018-12-13 15:34:07 »
The reset was to fix the ranks in the savemap, but the sources themselves are retained. In the overhaul build I'm going to implement a proper reset so players can respec characters.

991woot119

• View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: 2018-12-16 08:17:45 »
Where do I get the enemy skill that used to be Alpha since Alpha Zolom doesn't use that any more? The "where is the thing" file seems a bit outdated, e.g. still listing L5 suicide when that's been replaced with Quarry Fuse.

I tried looking around kernel.bin and it seems like "Alpha" was replaced with "Transfusion" but I can't find any enemies that actually have that skill in scenes.bin

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: 2018-12-16 14:32:17 »
Where do I get the enemy skill that used to be Alpha since Alpha Zolom doesn't use that any more? The "where is the thing" file seems a bit outdated, e.g. still listing L5 suicide when that's been replaced with Quarry Fuse.

I tried looking around kernel.bin and it seems like "Alpha" was replaced with "Transfusion" but I can't find any enemies that actually have that skill in scenes.bin

I think it's on Death Joker in the Crater, but the scene still lists it as Alpha. What the game does is, it checks the attack ID and if it's lower than a certain value it'll grab the info for the attack from the kernel instead of the enemy attack list. That means attacks can be changed in the kernel and left as-is in the scene. Usually I keep the two consistent for sanity's sake but I haven't done it this time.