Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Project Hellfire v1.2 - GF Upscale Pack  (Read 82032 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Project Hellfire v1.2 by MCINDUS
With huge help from FatedCourage

NEW Official Release! UPDATED - Fixed Diablos glitch!

I'm proud to announce the long anticipated release of Project Hellfire.
This is a full GF Upscale and Replacement texture pack for FF8

***This mod requires the latest version of Tonberry: Enhanced (2.04)***

Overhauled
(Has some sort of custom texture added)
Ifrit, Shiva, Siren, Brothers, Leviathan, Quezacotl, Carbuncle, Cactuar

Custom Upscales
(Upscaled, Color/light/exposure Treatment)
Diablos, Bahamut, Alexander, Tonberry, Odin, Gilgamesh, Cerberus, Phoenix, Pandemona, Eden, Doomtrain, Choco, MiniMog, Moomba, and Angelo

Download Link:
Project Hellfire v1.2

Join my PATREON!
-or-
Donate HERE if you like this mod!

Before/After Comparisons:

If you look at Odin, you can see a sneak peek of SeeDReborn v4.0 - TBA

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2019-09-12 11:57:52 by Mcindus »

Nedus

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project Hellfire v1.1 - GF Upscale Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-22 11:05:36 »
Thank you so much for this!
I have only a normal save data (early game), so i can test only very few GFs. But there's something i've noticed: Diablos palms, feet and wings are missing (in my game, at least). Both in the magic lamp battle and in his summon animation.

I'm pretty sure i installed the mod in the right way (it is not my first bump into FF8 mods). Also, the other early GFs i have seem to work as intended (and they look awesome, btw) so i'm not sure what's wrong with Diablos and why.

Anyway, keep up the great work. Looking forward for that SeedReborn v4; hopefully working for italian language as well ;)

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-22 20:02:50 »
I can confirm the same issue.

I have the latest Tonberry version installed as well.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-12-23 03:45:41 »
I've checked into it. And the reason that's happening to Diablos is because his "wing" textures are backwards in the folders. They just need switched around to the correct hashes pointing to them. Simple fix.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-12-23 04:35:16 »
I can confirm the same issue.

I have the latest Tonberry version installed as well.

I didn't know FF8 is censored.  :P

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #5 on: 2016-12-23 05:31:29 »
Sorry everyone! I made a simple mistake and had two of the textures swapped! Just updated the OP with the new release!  Thanks for showing me this glitch.

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project Hellfire v1.2 - GF Upscale Pack
« Reply #6 on: 2017-02-22 23:17:02 »
Hey Mcindus, I really appreciate your effort in all the mods! Keep up the nice work

Fendera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-02-27 15:37:38 »
is this normal that Shiva does have her eyes open before she breaks the ice?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #8 on: 2017-02-27 16:19:21 »
is this normal that Shiva does have her eyes open before she breaks the ice?

Actually, her eyes are supposed to open - but some of the smaller animations (blinking lights on Eden, etc) don't work with the current version of Tonberry.  In the next update of Tonberry with the new hashmap feature, this should be fixed - but that might be a long way off.

Fendera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-04-07 14:52:23 »
Actually, her eyes are supposed to open - but some of the smaller animations (blinking lights on Eden, etc) don't work with the current version of Tonberry.  In the next update of Tonberry with the new hashmap feature, this should be fixed - but that might be a long way off.

alright thanks, still great work!

JSomnia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017-04-12 15:54:51 »
This looks stellar, honestly. I can't wait to give it a shot...

However, there appears to be a teeny, tiny issue!

Hopefully it will pass, and soon. I need this in my life.

Edit: Finally got it downloaded. Was worth the wait. The clarity it offers is incredible. Thanks a bunch!
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14 13:17:59 by JSomnia »

Nedus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-05-19 23:59:24 »
Sharing a little tip.

We probably all know that characters modded with awesome stuff like project hellfire, rebirth flame etc cannot blink (currently).
To me, that's a pity. Especially when it comes to Shiva. I've always loved her "awakening-like" summoning. Mcindus surely did a great job with this mod and the HD Shiva looks gorgeous, but i just miss that blinking.

For those interested, i've found a simple way to get a "50-50" result. A blinking Shiva with most of Mcindus' HD texture still in place. Basically, all you have to is remove the "sum_shvahd" folder (inside "su" folder). If you do that, the game will use the old/original Shiva's face which is a bit pixelated, but her eyes will blink.

And the game will read Mcindus HD textures of her body, so it won't be as pixelated as the original.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #12 on: 2017-06-16 07:01:56 »
Sharing a little tip.

We probably all know that characters modded with awesome stuff like project hellfire, rebirth flame etc cannot blink (currently).
To me, that's a pity. Especially when it comes to Shiva. I've always loved her "awakening-like" summoning. Mcindus surely did a great job with this mod and the HD Shiva looks gorgeous, but i just miss that blinking.

For those interested, i've found a simple way to get a "50-50" result. A blinking Shiva with most of Mcindus' HD texture still in place. Basically, all you have to is remove the "sum_shvahd" folder (inside "su" folder). If you do that, the game will use the old/original Shiva's face which is a bit pixelated, but her eyes will blink.

An easier way to do this is to locate the hellfire_hm.csv hashmap file and put an asterisk (*) -before- the names for the 'sum_shvahd' codes and re-save. 
Alternately, you could just remove them - OR move them into their own .csv file (just a text/excel file with the .csv file extension) and then place that new file into the 'disabled' folder within /tonberry/hashmaps/ until you want to use her again ;)  -- you know... when Tonberry gets a new hashing algorithm :x

greator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-09-16 20:10:12 »
I miss the uncensored Shiva.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #14 on: 2017-09-16 22:01:10 »
I miss the uncensored Shiva.

You can extract her from the post in the berrymapper thread.  Shhh :X

She's not mine, so I take no credit (nor blame)

Fendera

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-09-19 22:50:48 »
Sharing a little tip.

Thanks for the tip!

Do you not like the "Linear Filtering"? Your Shiva looks a little more pixelated. Here's an example with "Linear Filtering"

« Last Edit: 2017-09-19 23:00:25 by Fendera »

Fendera

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017-09-19 22:59:02 »

Do you know any other GF animations (Like eye opening or blinking lights) that do not work with Project Hellfire? All I know is the "Shiva eye opener" and the "Blinking Lights on Eden". My goal ist to delete the specific files to keep the animations.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #17 on: 2017-09-20 02:29:05 »
Do you know any other GF animations (Like eye opening or blinking lights) that do not work with Project Hellfire? All I know is the "Shiva eye opener" and the "Blinking Lights on Eden". My goal ist to delete the specific files to keep the animations.

I don't use Linear Filtering because it messes with Maki's UV fix (creates black lines, etc) -- so there's that issue.

I wish Mavirick and JeMa came back... we need that better hashing algorithm for the animations!

Animations: All characters don't blink (Rebirth Flame) - Summons don't animate -- Shiva, Eden, Tonberry's 'flame' (I think that's it?).
The ocean doesn't work with Horizonpack, so there's that issue also... that's why I never included my 'ocean' upscales.
Magics and GF animations might end up being a problem, but we're still working on that project...

Fendera

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2017-09-20 13:15:48 »
I don't use Linear Filtering because it messes with Maki's UV fix (creates black lines, etc) -- so there's that issue.

I wish Mavirick and JeMa came back... we need that better hashing algorithm for the animations!

Animations: All characters don't blink (Rebirth Flame) - Summons don't animate -- Shiva, Eden, Tonberry's 'flame' (I think that's it?).
The ocean doesn't work with Horizonpack, so there's that issue also... that's why I never included my 'ocean' upscales.
Magics and GF animations might end up being a problem, but we're still working on that project...

Wasn't aware of that fix by Maki, nice. Only compromise are the pixelated magic and stuff even with all your mods applied, I'd rather have the weird lines on the world map than the pixel graphics. For Tonberry's flame I'll have to delete the "sum_tbft" right? Speaking of Tonberry.. Is there a folder for the Tonberry King in your Enemy Upscaling mod? I can only find the normal Tonberry. Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2017-09-20 13:37:52 by Fendera »

bayer59

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2018-02-25 16:00:05 »
Hello everyone,

I want to thank you for this work and I've also a question. Is this mod replace the "turbo icon" as we see it in the first screenshot ? I would like to know if something is possible to delete this icon, because i've the same issue as the Shiva's eye.

Thanks for your help.

boinas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2018-08-16 05:13:51 »
Hi. I do not know if I'm in the right place or if this topic is still alive, so if I'm doing something wrong, I'm sorry.

I want to warn you that the LaMAGICA V2 MOD hashmap conflicts with Project Hellfire v1.2. In this last week I tried to use most of the mods that are for download and successfully managed to have them all work. However the last MOD I tried was the LaMAGICA V2 with all the other popular mods already installed and working and I detected that the Summons HD textures (in battle) while playing, stopped being in HD and returned the originals. I tried to put just the LaMAGICA V2 hasmap in the "disabled" folder and re-entered the game to test ... and guess what ... the HD summons textures worked again. Please try to fix it :)

PS 1: Is it possible to make an alteration in the textures of the shiva's contours and eyes? keep the same but instead of black, keep the blue as in the original texture or something like that? I think black does not fit well with all the blue shiva ... and if you can get by that movement of her to open her eyes as in the original would be perfect: D

PS 2: I'm not good in English and so I used google translator for this message.

Thanks for everything and all the MODs that make for this game, it really makes the game much more appealing to play. I hope someone can still do something about my requests. : D Keep up the good work.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #21 on: 2018-08-16 16:58:26 »
Hi. I do not know if I'm in the right place or if this topic is still alive, so if I'm doing something wrong, I'm sorry.

I want to warn you that the LaMAGICA V2 MOD hashmap conflicts with Project Hellfire v1.2. In this last week I tried to use most of the mods that are for download and successfully managed to have them all work. However the last MOD I tried was the LaMAGICA V2 with all the other popular mods already installed and working and I detected that the Summons HD textures (in battle) while playing, stopped being in HD and returned the originals. I tried to put just the LaMAGICA V2 hasmap in the "disabled" folder and re-entered the game to test ... and guess what ... the HD summons textures worked again. Please try to fix it :)

PS 1: Is it possible to make an alteration in the textures of the shiva's contours and eyes? keep the same but instead of black, keep the blue as in the original texture or something like that? I think black does not fit well with all the blue shiva ... and if you can get by that movement of her to open her eyes as in the original would be perfect: D

PS 2: I'm not good in English and so I used google translator for this message.

Thanks for everything and all the MODs that make for this game, it really makes the game much more appealing to play. I hope someone can still do something about my requests. : D Keep up the good work.

First - I've made all of my hashmaps extremely carefully and ensured that they don't conflict with other mods, such as Rebirth Flame, Lunar Cry, Project Eden, etc.

If you're having with La Magica conflicting, then you're having a problem with that mod.  It's got a lot of bugs - most of the textures are not atlased properly, and the mod is basically just a 'batch' process by the mod creator, with a LOT of saturation, altering the game a lot - whereas the rest of the mods are much more carefully put together.
I like what that modder is doing with editing game stats and bosses, but so far, I'm not a fan of the La Magica mod - and I kind of have some issues with him just batch processing my work together and re-releasing it with saturation changes as his own mods.

Honestly, I don't recommend using La Magica until the mod creator fixes his texture atlasing and fixes his hashmap conflicts.

Also, now that you mention it, I do like your suggestion about the eyes.  We can't animate them yet (open/close) but I can do a color correction/update.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-16 17:02:41 by Mcindus »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2018-08-17 03:14:48 »
Hey guys...yeah my bad pretty much... i F*cked up...
i rushed out to the public a number of WIP things that should've been done differently... #1 making sure if i based any of my tweaks on other people's work to be 100% sure credit is there and not just 99% sure...

delete LaMagica V2 is my suggestion at this point... and all i can do is apologize for the wasted time / 7GB ... and the frustrations felt with the conflicts... Project Hellfire's hashmap went missing while i making LaMagica v2 from what i worked out later, i eventually realized it was missing and thus only some of the GF's textures had snuck into the batch processing mess i made of 7000 ish files (many duplicates too since the Atlas Textures weren't put together, so they kept appearing in the tonberry/debug/ folders) ...

I'm trying to be more organized, taking more notes then ever with my other mod attempts to try to not mess up anywhere near as bad as i did with LaMagica in the future... (Glad to hear my Gameplay mod has potential in your eyes, if done right...)

sincerely KLITLIKA / qotsaninsoadkorn
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 03:28:36 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

greator

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2019-01-30 19:42:12 »
Sharing a little tip.

And the game will read Mcindus HD textures of her body, so it won't be as pixelated as the original.

Thanks for the tip. This HD designs are great but out of all GF, Shiva is the only one looks very different from her original design. Gone is her blue eye lashes and her nose is too pointy. Now with your tip I can bring back those original lovely face.

ariksu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2019-02-13 16:35:44 »
Link for hellfire pack download is broken currently with Yandex.

Managed to bypass ad.fly with extension. Here is direct link: https://mega.nz/#!OloBwSzQ!7AswrnnqB6m9z0DgIjjN6ZsnsOzM8r-TH7pnHaZH8yQ
« Last Edit: 2019-02-17 18:54:07 by ariksu »