Author Topic: Errors downloading mods  (Read 7533 times)

AlaDoucheSG

• View Profile
Errors downloading mods
« on: 2016-04-18 03:57:57 »
I looked around and couldn't find anything about this, so I thought I'd just see if anyone can help me solve this.

I get errors when downloading some of the mods (probably around 40% of them).  it gives me the following error: Error Downloading (mod): System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2016-04-18 16:35:28 by AlaDoucheSG »

AlaDoucheSG

• View Profile
Re: Errors downloading mods
« Reply #1 on: 2016-04-20 03:15:42 »
So I'm assuming, since nobody has responded, that nobody else is having this issue.  Interestingly, the mods that it won't download, I don't see in the "big list of mods" either.

The mods that don't download are the following:

Battle Textures
Field Textures (parts 1 and 2)
Media - Movies
Music and Sound
Spell Textures
World Textures

AlaDoucheSG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-04-20 05:44:12 »
Sorry for the multiple replies to myself, but I just scoured through a few older topics and it looks like multiple people had this issue as well and nothing was ever posted that resolved it.  It was suggested that the Catalogue 2.0 would fix it, but (I'm assuming that's what it's taking from now) that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there a different way to access the .iro files so I can manually put them in there?  Without the Music & Sound mod, the game only has sound effects and it's killing me.  xD

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-04-20 07:04:55 »
There is no other way to access them atm, but I'm thinking of changing that. As much as I love the built-in Catalog feature to make setting up an easier process, I can't figure out why the small handful of people have this download issue. It works fine on my end, and it works fine on the majority's end as well. Iros is barely active, so it's really hard to send these issues to him and get them resolved in any timely manner. I've sent it to him, but he hasn't logged in since January  :|

AlaDoucheSG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-04-20 12:47:12 »
Thanks for the reply!  I know you had this same issue before 2.0 was released...  You don't know what was causing it?  I do wonder if it has to do with the file sizes, as these are the biggest ones.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-04-24 03:16:33 »
There is no other way to access them atm, but I'm thinking of changing that. As much as I love the built-in Catalog feature to make setting up an easier process, I can't figure out why the small handful of people have this download issue. It works fine on my end, and it works fine on the majority's end as well. Iros is barely active, so it's really hard to send these issues to him and get them resolved in any timely manner. I've sent it to him, but he hasn't logged in since January  :|

I for one would deeply appreciate another way to access them, as I am still getting the same error even after the 2.0 update

styx00333

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-16 02:46:46 »
Hey, I've got the same problem with large mod files, I'm using Windows 7 x64. It appears (in my case at least) the problem is with the limited file size that Google Drive permits for download without checking with the user. But I've got a work around:

1. With 7th Heaven, select and download the mod as usual, only it can't download (it'll show some "Error Downloading xxx" or alike).

2. Now, quickly go to your Library location (should be \mods\7th Heaven according to tutorial), then go to temp folder. You'll see your attempted download mod, e.g. if you try to download mod Media Music and Sound, you'll see something like <some hexadecimal string>_Media___Music_and_Sound_2.0.iro

3. Open said *.iro file in your browser (I just dragged the file to my waiting Google Chrome). It should say something like Google exceeds maximum file size for virus scan.

4. Click on the File name link (not the Download anyway link) on this page. Google should redirect you to login to your chrome account (if you haven't already). It will load the download page, click the download link, then it will load the page that said the same thing (exceed file size), only with graphics (buttons and such).

5. Now click on the Download anyway button, you should be able to download the mod now (as *.iro file)!

6. After you finished your download, import the *.iro archive with 7th Heaven into your Library and it should be good to go!

I hope this helps! (if anyone still watch this thread that is...)
« Last Edit: 2016-05-16 02:57:55 by styx00333 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-16 05:18:02 »
You won't ever get update messages in 7H when you import manually, so you're on your own with keeping mods updated. off course, now when people do this and DON'T update a mod manually, THEN come here to report any issues....what am I supposed to do??? If I don't know that people are updating properly through 7H, then support becomes a headache for both. This is why I love the Catalog, but hate that it doesn't work properly for everyone :|

drbram2379

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-08-03 01:58:23 »
Hey, I've got the same problem with large mod files, I'm using Windows 7 x64. It appears (in my case at least) the problem is with the limited file size that Google Drive permits for download without checking with the user. But I've got a work around:

1. With 7th Heaven, select and download the mod as usual, only it can't download (it'll show some "Error Downloading xxx" or alike).

2. Now, quickly go to your Library location (should be \mods\7th Heaven according to tutorial), then go to temp folder. You'll see your attempted download mod, e.g. if you try to download mod Media Music and Sound, you'll see something like <some hexadecimal string>_Media___Music_and_Sound_2.0.iro

3. Open said *.iro file in your browser (I just dragged the file to my waiting Google Chrome). It should say something like Google exceeds maximum file size for virus scan.

4. Click on the File name link (not the Download anyway link) on this page. Google should redirect you to login to your chrome account (if you haven't already). It will load the download page, click the download link, then it will load the page that said the same thing (exceed file size), only with graphics (buttons and such).

5. Now click on the Download anyway button, you should be able to download the mod now (as *.iro file)!

6. After you finished your download, import the *.iro archive with 7th Heaven into your Library and it should be good to go!

dear Alyza,
thank you for the hard work and yours is the best we can get today. anyway, as the same problems as the others, I had stucked while trying downloading the big mods (movies, music) in 50% or less. I had tried almost 10 times with no luck, all of the advices i had tried including the above, but unfortunately mind only downloding the same file. would you be so kind to share the .iro files if for any chance this thing happen to any of us?
Thank you in advance

ramedina12345

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-04-24 22:27:47 »

hey i just wanted to say thank you for this tutorial. you're the best.