Author Topic: help contacting various devs PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4352 times)

mrfranswa

• View Profile
To all whom may concern:

1- thank you for visiting this post

2- My company has developed an augmented reality add-on attachment for any HMD. Our goal is to develop cheap and affordable full immersion gaming titles in the near future. Think of it like virtual reality, however you can walk around the game space. I'm currently in talks with both indiegogo and a number of developers to start developing using our system. I need a prototype game for us to reveal.

Initially, we were going to go with Megaman Legends. I have permission from Capcom to use their assets, and we were going to do a quick unity port of the first dungeon. However..... FF7 is my absolute favorite game. I think square will butcher the remake, because they are just making UT4 FF7. It would be my dream to recreate, at the very least, a functional version of the ff7 battle square in a full immersion and interactive 3d environment. Since there's such a massive amount of talent & work being done on this project, I figure I'd post here, and ask if I could get some assistance getting it done. There's a few things to note:

1- Our AR gaming system is still highly experimental. I don't even have a website (currently being designed)! I'm meeting with investors and indiegogo near the end of the month. I'm expecting our campaign to start late spring/early summer. Our system is compatible with oculus rift, google cardboard, etc.

2- The space which we are able to play really has no constraints. The battle arena should be an easy demo, because it's basically a big box room.

3- The player can have either a first person view, (and play with gesture controls, and even foam weapons!), or a third person floating view. The scales will be real-time, so big monsters will appear REALLY big!

4- The game engine for our experiment is UNITY. The reason is our vision system is currently built for it. We expect to develop for all major gaming engines, however unity is free, easy to use, and a lot of people already develop with it.

5- At the bare minimum, I need assistance decompiling as many assets as possible. AT THE VERY LEAST I need models & animations for the characters, the special effects, (explosions, magic, etc), and monsters.
Currently, I'm finishing up the user view controls. We should be expected to finish within a couple of days. What I need is the ff7 battle arena, with sounds/animations/etc created. I like the graphic enhancement mods, but preferably I want to use as much original content as possible.

If I just have the models & animations, I can place the holographic monsters in an outdoor area along a nature trail. When I run up, I can code the remainder of the game to actually fight them. Using original assets and sounds is kudos points.

If you are a dev, or know a dev who may be interested, please email me at [email protected], respond to this post, AND private message me, (keep hassling me). I will probably be making an official post outlining the project once I get the help I need. We're going to hack as much of it as possible. This way, we can record a really quick demo video of the technology to start gaining support. We are doing daily development, and have a massive time crunch, so I need people who can help asap.

Thanks for any help any of you can provide!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: help contacting various devs PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-15 07:24:49 »
The models aren't the biggest problem. We have no tool to convert the animations. Also does bitrun do a dirty job with the conversion of the models to a more use full format and miss match the colors of the vertices.

Halfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-15 18:01:42 »
There are few problems with your visions currently. You have stated that you have permission to use Capcom assets on your own project, but you haven't specified what assets the permission includes. However that is not the main point of this thread.

As for Final Fantasy 7 assets, if you don't have permission to use Square-Enix's assets from the game, I would suggest that you won't include them in your game/project. You are working under company policies and this can lead to legal matters with Square-Enix.

mrfranswa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-15 18:13:40 »
its not a sold game, at MOST it's a mod for ff7 pc, and it is going to square for them to evaluate. I am not trying to make a full game; this is just a PR  video to show the capabilities of the technology.

I'm not too worried about animations. The ff7 animations are very simple, and can be remade with milkshape,blender,etc. I'm more worried about getting the assets correctly decompiled.

For example, I'm really only interested in a handful of monster models (random encounters), the dragon model, and MAYBE a weapon model, (ultima weapon monster).  Inventory/save screen textures and fonts would be awesome, but not exactly needed. I'm trying to decompile the models as per the instructions, but what I get is a jumbled mess of 1/2 the model. Not to mention I haven't even tried getting the special effect models. Once I animate, I could even grab the monster code.

As for the actual game, technically any monster can be used, however I really love ff7, and this is entirely for PR purposes. I COULD grab a free monster model from the unity store, but...... Come on guys, if you had the chance to REALLY play a full immersion final fantasy 7 mod, wouldn't you jump at the chance? Imagine fighting the midgar zolom, but in a real swamp which you have to drive to? (or in your back yard, but you get the idea)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-15 18:38:49 »
Square Enix is not the easiest company to collaborate with, and are somewhat notoriously overprotective of everything. Good though your intentions may be, I can't help but worry if you try to pitch something to them, you'll get a C&D in response.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-19 01:14:07 »
If you are a dev
You mean me?
I strongly advise you not to pursue the use of official Square Enix assets.  And although you can try, I find it unlikely any partnership will ever be made, although I can’t discuss one major reason for that.  One I can mention is that we only hire studios with a proven track record, and usually only ones with whom we have worked before, especially for any projects related to our main brands.

L. Spiro