Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317523 times)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven Mod Requests - To Do List
« Reply #25 on: 2015-06-13 14:02:58 »
Can't wait to test Retranslation + NT 1.3  :) ;D :D

fladimir_hokage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-06-21 04:27:35 »
Please include in pack whiteraven battle models to field model like a Bootleg
Great job thanks :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 2015-06-25 04:38:10 »
I've worked on the whitERaven battle to field models already. They should be there in the next update :)

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2015-06-26 04:11:29 »
Would it be possible to see Jinkazamas Vincent battle model or some variation of that original model (not whiteruns redo) added to 7th Heaven. thank you EQ2 (also. would it be possible to make the text boxes in field disappear like on bootleg?) thanks again for all the hard work.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2015-06-26 04:15:45 »
oh one last thing. what about AC Transparent for the Menu Avatars?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2015-06-26 04:31:31 »
I'll look into both of those options. The projects keep piling up :P

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2015-06-26 08:54:33 »
i know its alota work. and on behalf of me and my friends i just wanna say thank you and even inspite of the remake coming all the hard work you guys are doing means so much to us. this game will always be an entity of its own that nothing can replace. keep up the good work!

thatonezero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2015-06-28 21:29:56 »
Would it be possible to implement the Xbox 360 controller fix here?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14667.0
Or, alternatively, I know Reunion has an option somewhere where it can display PSX or Xbox buttons instead of the text like switch, menu, and so on.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2015-07-08 00:14:36 »
Would it be possible to implement the Xbox 360 controller fix here?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14667.0
Or, alternatively, I know Reunion has an option somewhere where it can display PSX or Xbox buttons instead of the text like switch, menu, and so on.

Sure, I'll look into it.

First of all, great work!

I really like how you've grouped the mods.

Here are some small suggestions:
- Animations:
    . Add 'Faster Summons' (from The Reunion).
- Menu Overhaul:
    . Move 'Break 9999 Limit' to 'Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats'.
    . Add an entry for configuring the Barrier Enemy Skill animation: bar or glyph (from the Reunion). Currently, the glyph animation is used.
    . Add an entry for configuring the World Map (the ones from the Reunion are cool).
- Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats:
    . Add additional options from The Reunion. The one that for me is more critical is the script fixes, which is also present in bootleg.
- Gameplay - Difficulty and Story:
    . Cut down the number of difficulty modes?
    . Maybe add the script fixes here instead?

The Reunion was still being worked on when I released the Final Heaven tutorial, so I'll have more features of it added in for the next update. So long as it's possible, I'll add your suggestions.

The difficulty modes are cut down significantly. All Aerith Revival options will be gone, as per request of the mod author, but will still be available as addons for New Threat and Nightmare 7. All of the combos will be gone as well (e.g. Reasonable Difficulty + Scene Redux, etc...) because I just don't feel people use them. Difficulty mods have the most complex of files to sort out, and off course they have to sometimes be patched for compatibility with other mods (e.g. Reunion Beacause + New Threat, etc...). I have to reduce the amount for time vs. reward as its just not worth the effort for how little people use the combos. Then there's also the balancing factor since no difficulty mods are built to be balanced in combination with another.

Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2015-07-11 17:17:21 »
Definitely looking forward to Beacause support. Seeing 'Quake2' and the like makes me cringe a bit. I hate to ask for an ETA.. but how long do you think before we'll see Beacause support?
« Last Edit: 2015-07-11 17:19:34 by ninjagrinch »

Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2015-07-11 19:08:48 »
oh one last thing. what about AC Transparent for the Menu Avatars?

I wanted the same thing. I decided to make my own basic mod for it. Feel free to use it. :) http://1drv.ms/YXxgvC

Please note that I take no credit for the artwork used in this pack. Simply created it because I like the avatars and wanted to use it.

Fatebreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2015-07-12 05:42:12 »
Hello! this is my very first post and before i ask you to add something else in the future, i wanted to say THANK YOU!! for making all of this for us, you are just amazing!

Now, what i would love for the next updates would be more avatar options, like the Bootlegged one of Tifa's Bootleg please!?, i just loved the way it was done and the colors, really amazing, the AC transparent avatar too (but someone else asked for it before so..i'll just second him), the menu switch option PLEASE! i love the way the main menu AND the battle menus were done! and in 7th heaven we don't have any of those, well, only one! (if it does then i must have done something wrong then), other than that, everything is fine

On a side note, is there a way to switch any of the music? i wanted to change the battle theme but i just can't find them anywhere, only the midi's :/, iand i may have some problems with the order of the mods (i placed them in the correct order but some just don't work at all) but that's for another post, sorry about that, maybe someone else can answer me this, thanks! i hope you can make this happen! :D
« Last Edit: 2015-07-12 05:57:14 by Fatebreaker »

veritasisacerbus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2015-07-14 20:03:58 »
Thanks for all the work you have done towards this!
If I had to make a suggestion pretty much everything people said above along with the PRP Field/Battle models added to it would be fantastic.

Fatebreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2015-07-15 04:19:43 »
Totally forgot about the PRP Field and Battle models, i thought i was doing something wrong cause i couldn't use those models Lol, this one too plox!!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2015-07-19 14:03:38 »
I think it is a good idea to have also a seperate thread here on the forum for a manual download. It may help those with the problem of beeing unable to downlaod a mod from the catalog.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2015-07-19 17:53:00 »
That's fine by me, but the only issue with that will be using the auto update feature in 7H. If new versions are released, they will never know unless they visit the forums regularly. Then we will have to deal with the silly questions of "XXXX mod has YYYY issue, how do I fix it?" when an update may have already fixed it.

I get the need for manual downloads though :)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2015-07-19 19:57:13 »
That's fine by me, but the only issue with that will be using the auto update feature in 7H. If new versions are released, they will never know unless they visit the forums regularly. Then we will have to deal with the silly questions of "XXXX mod has YYYY issue, how do I fix it?" when an update may have already fixed it.

This is going to be great thank you so very very much EQ2Alyza for all the hard work going into this you are one hell of a lady ;D. Also a great big thanks to all modders and contributors for there talent and skill to keep the FF7 mod scene alive keep it just keep it up and thanks again to all involved. :-*

IMBAdenG

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2015-07-20 00:17:16 »

7h should treat both manually installed & downloaded mod the same.. For now when you manually installed a mod and you looked at the catalog.. you will see the same mod still available for download even if its already installed..

Could it be the filename?? because for example.. if you manually installed a mod it will be named lj;lkj;ljlkj;lkjlk;lkj;lkj_Battle_Models_Characters_1.0 instead of just Battle Models Characters 1.0
Some kind of a file check will help 7h to determine if a file was already installed..

Anyways, thats another lot of work i imagine.. Looking forward to 7h 2.0.. kudos sir/madam

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2015-07-20 02:02:37 »
7h should treat both manually installed & downloaded mod the same.. For now when you manually installed a mod and you looked at the catalog.. you will see the same mod still available for download even if its already installed..

Could it be the filename?? because for example.. if you manually installed a mod it will be named lj;lkj;ljlkj;lkjlk;lkj;lkj_Battle_Models_Characters_1.0 instead of just Battle Models Characters 1.0
Some kind of a file check will help 7h to determine if a file was already installed..

Anyways, thats another lot of work i imagine.. Looking forward to 7h 2.0.. kudos sir/madam

The proper way to manually install an IRO is to use the Import button in the Library tab after you have downloaded the IRO from an upload site. Doing this will make a duplicate copy of the mod inside the Library Location you set for Workshop -> Settings and it will be labeled properly inside 7H. Once that happens, you can delete the IRO download to conserve space, but if you ever uninstall the mod from within 7H, then you won't have a copy of the IRO to Import. It will have to be downloaded again.

If you download the IRO and directly place it into the Library Location you set for Workshop -> Settings, then 7H will read the mod in the Library tab the next time you open 7H. It will show up as IDTag_ModName_ModVersion as you described. This is not the preferred way though.

What I need to see is if Update Patches can use the Import button to properly patch and update a mod. This is the main function for having the Catalog, and I do not know if it works manually. If it doesn't, this means that every update will have to have patches made for the Catalog and full versions made for manual downloads. That is a really annoying process to do manually if all I have to offer is a bug fix for a mod that is very small in size, but the mod itself may be very large.

It's madam :)

IMBAdenG

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2015-07-20 03:00:22 »
The proper way to manually install an IRO is to use the Import button in the Library tab after you have downloaded the IRO from an upload site. Doing this will make a duplicate copy of the mod inside the Library Location you set for Workshop -> Settings and it will be labeled properly inside 7H. Once that happens, you can delete the IRO download to conserve space, but if you ever uninstall the mod from within 7H, then you won't have a copy of the IRO to Import. It will have to be downloaded again.

If you download the IRO and directly place it into the Library Location you set for Workshop -> Settings, then 7H will read the mod in the Library tab the next time you open 7H. It will show up as IDTag_ModName_ModVersion as you described. This is not the preferred way though.

What I need to see is if Update Patches can use the Import button to properly patch and update a mod. This is the main function for having the Catalog, and I do not know if it works manually. If it doesn't, this means that every update will have to have patches made for the Catalog and full versions made for manual downloads. That is a really annoying process to do manually if all I have to offer is a bug fix for a mod that is very small in size, but the mod itself may be very large.

It's madam :)

Oh.. a techie lady bee.. nice to make your acquaintance madam :)

Actually what i did was... Since i was planning to do a clean install and reinstall everything.. I backed up my downloaded .iro files in my library folder (they are already named idtag_modname_version) and i import those file using the Import IRO in the Library tab of 7h..

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2015-07-20 16:04:34 »
Just a though will this be compatible with windows 10, I can not think why it should be but when I get windows 10 at the end of the month I was planning to install it on that as fresh installation.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2015-07-20 18:51:02 »
Hey I got a thought, when this 1.35 new threat gets released with the new version of 7th heaven will it come with all the hot fixes as well. Also should the mod need more updates when released with 7th Heaven is released how will we go about updating it, in the usual manner via an installation from you or an update via 7th heaven mod.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2015-07-20 21:38:30 »
Just a though will this be compatible with windows 10, I can not think why it should be but when I get windows 10 at the end of the month I was planning to install it on that as fresh installation.

I've installed it on beta versions of windows 10 with no issues

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2015-07-20 22:28:07 »
I've installed it on beta versions of windows 10 with no issues

Thank you for that Mark good to know. :-D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2015-07-20 23:01:08 »
Hey I got a thought, when this 1.35 new threat gets released with the new version of 7th heaven will it come with all the hot fixes as well. Also should the mod need more updates when released with 7th Heaven is released how will we go about updating it, in the usual manner via an installation from you or an update via 7th heaven mod.

Yes, it will come with the current flevel/scene hotfix. Whenever there is an update to a mod, the Download button will turn into a Update button the Catalog tab. The window on the ride-side will also tell you when a mod has an update. If you right-click the green Installed button in the Library tab, you can set Update Types for each of the mods.