Author Topic: OK this is now about the Kalm Fang  (Read 21690 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: OK this is now about the Kalm Fang
« Reply #25 on: 2009-07-08 04:41:54 »
Then you have to go into the texture panel and select the two side button. Now the texture will be displayed on both sides.

That is why I like blender, ctrl + f done in a sec.  :-D

Read Grimmy's post
I know you can make polies show two-sided in blender, but it does no good in ffvii.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-07-08 06:45:03 »
I know I've said this before, but FF7 does not have any problems with two sided polys, whatever you used to create the .p file just isn't exporting that property.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-07-08 15:03:46 »
I know I've said this before, but FF7 does not have any problems with two sided polys, whatever you used to create the .p file just isn't exporting that property.

My problem is.  If I use the 2 sided feature in either MAX or Blender, after exporting, I import the new model but the 2 sided effect has disappeared.
Maybe this is a problem with Windows 7?

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #28 on: 2009-07-08 15:13:23 »
Is the two sided effect missing when you open back up in blender/max or pcreator. For me it's pcreator that doesn't see the two sided polies.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-07-08 17:35:09 »
So, is anything going to be done about the colours of the Kalm Fang? Something I've noticed when watching slayersnext's videos is that the CC models look very pale and washed out when put into FF7. The original Kalm Fang, for example, was a very deep bluish purple (according to my spell-checker, "bluish" is a word  :lol:).

polaris_027

« Reply #30 on: 2009-07-09 01:21:40 »
(according to my spell-checker, "bluish" is a word  :lol:).

yes it is! the suffix "-ish" denotes likeness or simmilarity..in the word "bluish" it means something close to being blue. - English 101:-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-07-09 13:24:55 »
(according to my spell-checker, "bluish" is a word  :lol:).

yes it is! the suffix "-ish" denotes likeness or simmilarity..in the word "bluish" it means something close to being blue. - English 101:-D

Yes, but you can't add it to anything and make a word, and being in the dictionary suggests that it has been used before and is accepted. I'd say that's unexpected.  :wink:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-07-10 00:59:48 »
So, is anything going to be done about the colours of the Kalm Fang? Something I've noticed when watching slayersnext's videos is that the CC models look very pale and washed out when put into FF7. The original Kalm Fang, for example, was a very deep bluish purple (according to my spell-checker, "bluish" is a word  :lol:).

With most of the new stuff being put out by SE that is ff7 related, most of the colors are rather bland compared to the original which was over saturated with colors.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-07-10 01:09:38 »
I could make it a high intensity purple.  But with all the modders around here creating realistic characters, fighting a neon purple wolf would look out of place.  Also, I'm currently moving so I won't have the internets for a bit

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #34 on: 2009-07-10 04:16:40 »
Good luck with the move. I'm very eager to see these in game.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-07-10 04:20:19 »
well least for my work, its realistic, but still quite anime, so fightingi glowing wolves isn't quite out of the question.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-07-15 17:40:13 »
Update:  I'm going to leave them as is (with the exception of making the Bandersnatch more of a grey)  It wouldn't be too hard to export them and change the colors yourself if you really want to.

This little project is being put on hold for now because I have decided to focus more of my attention on purchasing a house.  Hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to commit some more time to these models; it's just right now there are too many home buying opportunities that I don't want to miss out on.

Of course, if someone else is willing to do this before me, do feel free (seems like I can never finish any of these, lol)

Well I've now discovered a simple project for me to do

Any FF8 model that could be substituted into FF7 I'll convert into .obj

Of course there are a few problems with the models, but I have no idea how to fix any of that :P
« Last Edit: 2009-07-17 04:24:32 by obesebear »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #37 on: 2009-07-17 11:24:07 »
O.o that's FF8?
wow, nice.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-07-17 14:38:34 »
Sure is, with NURMS applied anyways  :-)

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-07-17 14:56:23 »
2 obesebear
Have you already tried port him ingame???Want to see more screens  :roll:

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-07-17 15:18:27 »
No.  I would really need step by step instructions to do that.  Of course I could always post a link to a few of them so others could try to get them in game.  But I think I'll hold off on that for now.