Author Topic: [FF7PC] Unified Model Installer (Discontinued, use Bootleg)  (Read 138304 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] FF7 Unified Model Installer
« Reply #175 on: 2012-08-17 15:39:36 »
What query?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2012-08-17 15:43:08 »
The question of the installer, whether installed the Custom Driver.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2012-08-17 15:46:39 »
Oh well you will need aalis driver to play the game for old PC anyway as it is full of bugs without ;)

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2012-08-17 15:49:11 »
Ah, I see.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #179 on: 2012-08-17 23:22:48 »
id like to make a program that automates the installation of clouds models, and weapons but broken down to individual weapons and fixing the problems with conflicting texture ids. would making a program like umi be hard with no experience.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2012-08-18 00:44:01 »
Slayersnext's Cloud weapons mod uses 8 of the 10 texture slots-- two weapons per texture.
Unless you have access to the original UV maps, altering those weapons to work in every possible combination is a difficult task.

I made a chart of Cloud's weapons:
Code: [Select]
Cloud Weapons

Millenia        Slayersnext     Mike            Mike Masamune   Dragon Buster    APZ Final      APZ Buster      OmniBuster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RTCK    RTAD    RTCK    RTAE    RTCK    RTAF    RTCK    RTAF                                    RTCK    RTAF    RTCK    RTAF
RTCL    RTAD    RTCL    RTAE       
RTCM    RTAD    RTCM    RTAF   
RTCN    RTAD    RTCN    RTAK       
RTCO    RTAD    RTCO    RTAI   
RTCP    RTAD    RTCP    RTAJ       
RTCQ    RTAD    RTCQ    RTAI   
RTCR    RTAD    RTCR    RTAI&J       
RTCS    RTAD    RTCS    RTAG   
RTCT    RTAD    RTCT    RTAH                                    RTCT    RTAI
RTCU    RTAD    RTCU    RTAF   
RTCV    RTAD    RTCV    RTAH       
RTCW    RTAD    RTCW    RTAK   
RTCX    RTAD    RTCX    RTAG       
RTCY    RTAD    RTCY    RTAL                                                    RTCY    RTAG
RTCZ    RTAD    RTCZ    RTAL    RTCZ    RTAF                                   

SICK    SIAD    SICK    SIAE    SICK    SIAF    SICK    SIAF                                    SICK    SIAF    SICK    SIAF
SICL    SIAD    SICL    SIAE       
SICM    SIAD    SICM    SIAF   
SICN    SIAD    SICN    SIAF       
SICO    SIAD    SICO    SIAG   
SICP    SIAD    SICP    SIAG       
SICQ    SIAD    SICQ    SIAH   
SICR    SIAD    SICR    SIAH       
SICS    SIAD    SICS    SIAI   
SICT    SIAD    SICT    SIAJ                                    SICT    SIAE
SICU    SIAD    SICU    SIAJ   
SICV    SIAD    SICV    SIAJ       
SICW    SIAD    SICW    SIAK   
SICX    SIAD    SICX    SIAK   
SICY    SIAD    SICY    SIAL                                                    SICY    SIAG
SICZ    SIAD    SICZ    SIAL    SICZ    SIAF                                   

Grimmy's AC Cloud
-----------------
        RTAE
        SIAE
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 00:54:45 by PitBrat »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #181 on: 2012-08-18 00:52:54 »
im up to try anything

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #182 on: 2012-08-23 06:16:25 »
Is this going to be included into bootleg once the bugs have been ironed out? Also, does this install anything that bootleg doesn't ( as of 39 )

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2012-09-01 18:22:22 »
Anyone have links to the models in here? I'd like to see what they look like, But apparently i am to stupid to search

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #184 on: 2012-09-01 21:31:07 »
Anyone have links to the models in here? I'd like to see what they look like, But apparently i am to stupid to search

Most of the models can be previewed here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183581#msg183581

Starzaka

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2012-10-19 00:11:21 »
Hello I want to say thanks so much for this installer this saves a lot of time searching for all the different models out there. One question tho does this pack include a battle tifa replacement model? I used DLPB's presets but I didn't see a replacement for her ingame.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2012-10-19 01:08:30 »
No, this installer does not include Grimmy's AC Tifa model.
Grimmy requested that his models not be repackaged.

whitERaven has created a alternate version of the AC Tifa model.

Whiteraven Tifa Battle.rar                      whitERaven      Modified AC Tifa                        Qhimm FILE

I'm compiling a package of updated models to submit for the next release of UMI.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2012-10-19 02:47:39 »
Ohh.. :-o I did not know Grimmy's didn't like his models being repackaged, do you think Grimmy will be ok with revising his models, then repackaging those revised models?? Techinically those revised models which I did contains large part of grimmy's work.. I tried asking for his permission though but I can't contact him..

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2012-10-19 18:00:09 »
I'm surprised grimmy would be against it here since he has helped with this project and some of the other models are his which he had no problem with.  I guess we will have to wait for word from him. 8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2012-10-21 22:50:24 »
Pitbrat is still working on documenting models but this is an announcement regarding Cloud, Tifa and Barrett models (and in future, probably any of the main character models).

If your model is a variation of someone else's, it will not be added.
If your model is a standalone Barrett, Tifa or Cloud model it will probably not be added.

If your model is part of a full set, I will add that full set.  If there is a style to your model that is not found elsewhere and not already added (like chibi), I will add it.

I will review each case because it is getting out of hand.  The future of this installer is originality.  I am managing my life better in the coming months and years and as a consequence frivolous things like this are now going to be treated in a more draconian fashion.

The installer as is, is already pretty good and I doubt people are that bothered by having to add some models manually.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-21 22:52:37 by DLPB »

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2012-10-22 02:02:25 »
Hmm, Guess that means all my works won't be included.. :'(
they are after all just versions of existing models..

Well its probably ok, people who want them can still download them easily..

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2012-10-22 03:57:06 »
I wouldn't say they wouldn't be included, Sure they are just variations. But they are definitely their own style

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2012-10-22 05:30:19 »
I'll have a look through them.  The issue is this installer is created for ease of use and it's getting a bit out of hand adding more and more and more of the same model (mainly the same 3 character).  If push comes to shove, I am going to have to shove :P

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2012-10-22 06:10:21 »
Although my works are just variations, I revised them in a way that they  all share same style and theme.. you can even say they are there own set already despite the originals being done by different authors.

Well it's really up to you sir to decide If you'll include my model revisions in your Installer, I won't really mind if I get the shove :) :) :) LoL
I fully understand the need to keep things organized specially on projects as massive as UMI. ;D

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2012-11-09 06:26:35 »
Hi, i'm just new to this forum. I just want to thank the creators of these models and the one's who took the time to compile it into a single installer for their awesome work  :)

but i have a question. using this installer, let's say I used the DLPB preset and installed it. then i would like to install other addons. would the DLPB install be deleted or would the files just be overwritten?

dbdrummer7

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2012-11-09 08:14:13 »
I'm newer, but my FF7 is fully modded, so I'll try to answer. If you are unpacking and repacking .lgp's, then it will only replace the files that you overwrite (ie. Grimmy's Cloud overwrites the UMI Cloud, the rest stay the same). If you mean addons such as the Menu Overhaul, it doesn't affect the Model Installer, and I suggest installing both. The you can still upgrade the battle scenes, movies and magic without altering the upgraded characters. Good luck!

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2012-11-09 08:43:45 »
oh alright. i'm an extreme noob at using mods for ff7 cause i just discovered these mods only recently, though i use mods in other games. what exactly are the models that UMI replaces? and can you recommend to me other good graphical mods? thanks :)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #197 on: 2012-11-09 10:52:38 »
...can you recommend to me other good graphical mods? thanks :)

Go to The Big List of Mods ;)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2012-11-09 16:30:25 »
oh alright. i'm an extreme noob at using mods for ff7 cause i just discovered these mods only recently, though i use mods in other games. what exactly are the models that UMI replaces? and can you recommend to me other good graphical mods? thanks :)
Since your really new and there are like 100's of individual mods out here i highly recommend you use Bootleg which will contain all the awesome graphical mods and more along without really needing much knowledge since it's pretty automated and you just choose what you want :), here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.0
Tutorial:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0
UMI and Bootleg changes all the models in the game and there are different styles and models available for each sometimes if you don't want Bootleg just use the UMI :)

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2012-11-09 22:11:15 »