Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 505189 times)

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #200 on: 2007-08-05 04:29:03 »
thank you Borde this version works well, (i even realize my old FF7 dream with it... the Hi-Res Sephiroth in-Battle)

There is only 1 problem i see,  after loading a Model, when i decide loading another one kimera closed.

Continue the good work

The Great Sephiroth

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007-08-06 10:26:32 »
Thanks for the support guys.
Zack Fair:
   *with the player characters the animations look like there missing a bone on all but the first two animations(haven't tested Red yet or Vincents transforms) while the NPCs are working perfectly: Are you talking about the field models or the battle models? Anyway, I'll check it.
   *It appears to be drawing the back faces as well as the front on battle models but only the faces that are facing you directly: In the general model view, face culling is activated so back faces shouldn't be rendered at all. I did it this way because that's how they should look in-game.
  *Cant open models that the animations have been messed with in a hex editor(this may have been intended for reliability): Nop, I added no check for this. If you can hand me one of those animations and tell me what you changed I'll check it.

Suggestions
       *Allow it to create Primitives/Splines: That would be relativly easy (at least for pimitives, I don't know how Splines work), the problem would be the interface. I don't know how to implement it in a simple way.
       *Allow it to open multiple files at once in model editor so you can combine them:I don't understand this point.
       *Make it so that you can select the vertices's to color: You are right, I should add something like this.
       *Allow editing of the Battle Animations: I could do it in a relativly easy way storing them completly decompressed (don't know how much would the files weight). The problem is that I can't even decode the animations correctly right now, so you be working on an unacurate base.

Great Sephiroth: Did it close with no error message? Do you remember which files did you open?

By the way, I've detected some very anoying bugs with the palletized mode, so I'm going to release a bugfix.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007-08-06 12:21:25 »
Allow it to open multiple files at once in model editor so you can combine them means open two models at once and save them as one...i think that what he meant.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007-08-06 19:51:18 »
yep thats what I meant

i was talking about battle models the first few animations work well but as you progress it becomes obvious that a bone appears to be missing in the later animations

splines are basically lines which you use to make polygons sort of like a point curve only it connects in the end and isn't rounded

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007-08-06 22:29:52 »
in case other people were having problems with getting kimera working on windows vista when the error is 'missing msstdfmt.dll" i have found a solution that will probably work for other people.

This will only work with Vista.
-----------
First, go to:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt

and download msstdfmt.dll.  Unzip it, and drop the .dll file into C:\Windows\system32

Go to start->all programs->accessories->run

type the following:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll

You'll probably get an error message: 0x8002081c

Search your computer for msconfig.exe

Open msconfig, and go to the last tab, Tools

Scroll down the list for disable UAC.  Select it, and click Launch.  Windows will probably complain, but just close the warning box for now.  Click OK.

Restart the computer.

Once it's running again, go to start->all programs->accessories->run

type the following:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll

You should get a message informing you that the file has installed successfully.  Close the box.

Kimera should now work.

IMPORTANT!  If ANYONE else uses your computer, go back to msconfig.exe and enable UAC.  CLick launch, then OK, then restart the computer.  UAC is there to stop other people messing up the workings of your computer; it's not just an annoying notice.

If you need any further help:

with installing msstdmft.dll, try http://www.computing.net/programming/wwwboard/forum/540.html

with persuading Vista to recognise the .dll file, try http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1888506&SiteID=1

with UAC, try http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=445913&SiteID=17

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007-08-07 06:23:16 »
Great Sephiroth: Did it close with no error message? Do you remember which files did you open?

in that time i used  "saaa" "muaa"   and i even try with "rtaa"  it does the same thing
and no there is no error message

thank you in advance

Great Sephiroth

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2007-08-09 22:46:06 »
DAMN IT!!! It's one of those nasty errors that only happen when the debugger is off. Man, how I hate when this happens... well, at least it's abvious it's something releated to the battle animations.
Zack Fair, I can't seem to find that problem of the vanishing bones. Could you point me a specific situation in which you saw it? Model and animation.
As for the idea of appending a model directly in the editor, ok, it's not a problem. Unless you also want to reposition/resize/rotate the models individually. Then I should do some heavy rewriting.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2007-08-10 05:44:35 »
rtaa was the file i saw it on first about animation 5-6

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2007-08-11 01:15:51 »
I'm getting a varioan of Zack Fair's problem. I would, for exsample, replace the shoulder bone and the replacement .p file will take the pplace of a random spot, like the pelvic.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007-08-11 12:56:34 »
sword, try disabling the D-Lists

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2007-08-11 15:45:27 »
Aah, that fixed it Borde. Thanks.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007-08-17 11:49:49 »
Borde, have you ever considered adding support for the mini game HRC's?

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2007-08-17 13:50:24 »
there's already support for most of the minigames already, well, to my knowledge anyway as i found i am able to open the chocobo files, motor cycle ones, (could never find cloud there tho. :() as well as the snowboarding, sub and condor soldier games, but not quite sure if the last 3 even had hrcs tho.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007-08-17 15:05:49 »
Nope there isn't support for the highway ones, i know chocobo works.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007-08-23 00:16:20 »
I'll take a look at that ultima espio. I supose it will be easy.

Zaxd

• Yay Zacckkk <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2007-08-25 08:35:31 »
Could someone make a instructions how to use this program? It cant open any lgp and i tried use biturn too but, it couldnt open lgp either. Anyone?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007-08-25 10:00:40 »
You can't open LGP files with this program or biturn. You need LGPTools or Highwind to extact the contents of those files.

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007-09-02 02:25:14 »
Sorry But is there a way with this program to modify files like RTAC in Battle.lgp because i want to change Cloud EyeBrows to Black ,
there is a way to do it

Thanks in advance

Zaxd

• Yay Zacckkk <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007-09-06 04:30:11 »
I've got a question, which im not sure if it fits in this topic .. but anyways, what is Shinra Soldiers Battle model. like AAAA and something like that, and you could PM it, thanks.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007-09-06 08:04:10 »
@zaxd
the three members of soldier battle models are as follow;
third class, ceaa, second class, jdaa and first class, lpaa

EDIT: @Great sephiroth
you would use Biturn and export the file rtac and then edit it in a pogram such as photoshop and then import it again with biturn to edit it, but first, i would suggest changing the file siac as it's the face details that you would want to change as i assume you are working from the files in the absolute zack mod?
« Last Edit: 2007-09-06 11:34:13 by stephen »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007-09-06 12:32:55 »
I'm sorry guys. I know I should have released a bug-fix weeks ago, but I'm way too busy. And more than likely I'll be like this until the next year. So I'll release a partial bugfix tomorrow, but don't expect anything more for a looong time.

rugbykid

• [URL=http://www.ff-fan.com][IMG]http://www.ff-fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007-09-11 14:13:12 »
When i try to edit a wepon and take apply changes a error comes up saying

run-time error "6":

overflow

anyone know whats wrong...*?

I can't only open skeletons in kimera also so like wepons i have to open in p editor... ni could open wepons in  kimera in .83 but i want to be able to att parts to the bone...
« Last Edit: 2007-09-16 09:14:45 by rugbykid »

Scorpicus

• View Profile
    • Scorpicus' Most Amazing Orange Website
« Reply #222 on: 2007-09-16 09:20:56 »
This version is excellent Borde!   :-D

I've done lots (and I mean lots!) of modding/testing with it and I've only found a few obscure glitches: 

Kimera can't open field HRC files that only have one P file such as Sephiroth's Masamune - eghe.

With the battle/magic models, some of the model becomes transparent if you turn or zoom in on the model.  It's very hard to get all the model showing at once, which is a pain for doing screen shots and generally trying to see your work as a whole.

When you "add a part to the bone" on the battle models, sometimes, if you reposition the origional part the reposition scrollbars/options become stuck.  The example that comes to mind is adding a part to Bizzaro Sephiroth's head.

Finally, with the field models, if you open the head in P creater, load a new P file and then apply your changes, it replaces the models stomach as well as their head.  Try it with Cloud, although I think this happens with every field model.

Oh, and since everyone seems to be doing a "new features wish list", it would be really cool if (in P creater espicially) there was a undo button.  It is incredibly frustrating to make a mistake and have to start from your last save again!  A colour picker option in P creater would be awesome as well.

Keep up the good work Borde - Kimera is at the top of my"most used program list" on my laptop!

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007-09-16 12:51:29 »
borde? i think i love you for making my dream i had when i was playing ff7 for the first time on the PSX come true.  :-)
(my dream being making a team out of summons!!! and fighting the summons at points in the game such as the jenova on the cargo ship being bahmaut and making dyne ramuh, etc)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007-09-16 18:24:50 »
Hello everyone.
Sorry for not answering your posts and not working at all in this program or in the NPC Reconstruction Project. I'm way too busy right now and most likely I'll be this busy for a long while. I apreciate all you feed back though. It will come handy when I start working on this again. I'll try to see what the hell is worng.
Scorpicus, the problem with the replicated parts has to do with the DLists. Just uncheck the "Render unsing DLists" option. And there is already a color picker, just hold shift when you are in the paint mode and click on the vertex you want to take the color from.