Author Topic: [FF8PC-2013 + Remastered-2019] HorizonPack: Remastered - World Texture Overhaul  (Read 278527 times)

Shiro013

• View Profile
I'm having problems with the download link.  :'(
There is any link to Mega?

farotor

• View Profile
Hi there,

wanted to Mod my FF8 a bit but it seems that the DL-link doesn't work properly.
Can someone help me out with this?

Thank you very much. :)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
OP updated with new mod!!

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
 :D YES MCINDUS YOU *UCKING BEAST. Looks glorious

ff7maniac

• View Profile
in uncheck what you say we have a better result but for npc and texture magic etc, they become pixelated. would you have a solution? ^^

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
in uncheck what you say we have a better result but for npc and texture magic etc, they become pixelated. would you have a solution? ^^

I am working on NPC and magic mods right now :)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
awesome and when you say magic you also want to say all the texture of punch and sword, attack, limit break etc ? ^^. i can't wait to get the triple triad mod in french when you take it out ^^. thanks for all these mod :)
« Last Edit: 2019-08-29 02:35:05 by ff7maniac »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
mcindus I added the neon blue to balamb garden, it's up to you to judge if it's worth integrating it or modify it or not ^^

I also integrated vehicle version but it's not perfect: S

« Last Edit: 2019-08-29 05:59:43 by ff7maniac »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
mcindus I added the neon blue to balamb garden, it's up to you to judge if it's worth integrating it or modify it or not ^^

I also integrated vehicle version but it's not perfect: S

Interesting!  I didn't want to have it on the movable vehicle so that it would match the old texture, so I removed it from Crestian's, but if you go back a few pages, the one with the blue ring exists on his original, so the best combo of this would be your two world map textures with the updated blue ring, but to use Crestian's model from a couple of years ago (further back in these posts) for the blue ring around the vehicle version.  Honestly, I just want to replace these town models because they are -terrible- (they were amazing for their time).  we could have so much better these days.

gunner_1207

• View Profile
Yo mcindus , how big a deal is the 'optional' To clean up old mod:  delete /wm and /ve folders from FINAL FANTASY VIII/textures?
i'm probs gonna do it just wondering tho.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
the Crestian model, the blue neon is too far to compare to the location that should be. I am a meticulous person on the small details: P

I redid a better version ^^

if you do not want to integrate it to the mod it's okay ^^ it can give you ideas or just let the pictures here for people to interested ^^ i will probably try to make galbadia garden a one of these days ^^ unless at that moment you have it done :P

Percival

• View Profile
Mcindus, this looks killer!  I can't wait to give it a try.

thesirspence

• View Profile
Well it's all trial and error, processes and software for texture replacement modifications or modifications for FF8 in general are still in very early alpha stages so it's no surprise to see such bugs poping up around this time,
I'm very impressed with how fast FF8 is becoming moddable though
hopefully oneday someone will decode Main_Chr.FS and we can begin replacing FF8 field models and not only the textures.

However I have dones some tests before and it would be possible to replace battle models with entirely different reconstructions.

My tests were using Deling and exporting renaming and importing different battle model files and the effect was Squall became Laguna, Zell became SeeD Exam Zell and Selphie, became SeeD Exam Selphie.

Very interesting stuff to be honest

Oh man, I have always hated Squall's outfit, I would love to have him permanently in SeeD / SeeD Exam uniform.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Wow this update looks great McIndus, thanks for all your work!

Showcase

• View Profile
This is the good work square enix should have implemented in the ff8 remaster

Divatox

• View Profile
This mod got an update? :o :o

gunner_1207

• View Profile
This mod got an update? :o :o
Yo Divatox yeah man an its killer, makes the world map look tight as *uck

Divatox

• View Profile
Yo Divatox yeah man an its killer, makes the world map look tight as *uck

niceeee i will update mine, thanks  8-)

Ldy_Death

• View Profile
There is any way to make it compatible with the remaster?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
There is any way to make it compatible with the remaster?

Working hard to see if we can.

kokie

• View Profile
Holy cow!!!?? this new update is epic!!!!!

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
Any progress on cracking the .fs and .fi files?

kokie

• View Profile
Is it normal for vehicles in towns to still be in low res version? Do they use different textures than the ones in the world map?

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
thanks :D , are those modded textures compatible with the remastered version ?

Sebanisu

• View Profile
It's kinda as soon as we can. Some of them are easy because the remaster has the files and we just replace them. But some of them are harder. Thing with all 2013 mods have Tonberry to work with, and tonberry doesn't work in the remaster. So it'll take more time for the community to find workarounds. Once the community finds a way to load the textures it's a simple matter of porting the textures from one game to the other. Just need that new tool/hack to come along.