Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391217 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release)
« Reply #475 on: 2020-08-31 04:06:33 »
Post compatibility fix= 8 times in a row success! and not a single Easyhook error in sight even with every mod I want on which is almost everything in the catalogue xD... log uploaded, may be a good Idea to add the possible error + fix in the FAQ.

By the way, battle boxes looses transparency after winning a battle half a second before changing the screen and Sega Chief Battle Model Swap and Mouth Texture Replacer both work but it says that the version is 1.01, when it downloads it downloads version 1.00 prompting an update which it fails to download everytime.

just small bugs, thanks for your time!

That's not a bug, but would be an oops on Sega Chief's part. His mod that actually downloads should match the version info listed in his catalog. If it doesn't it can trigger a condition like this, but it is up to him to fix.

Regarding the old compatibility fix, I'm glad it worked, but there's no rhyme or reason for that. It's a mystery. Unfortunately, the log didn't provide any additional info as I'd hoped. Something in your environment is not allowing or blocking the injection to work. My first thoughts go to security or A/V software, or non-typical or non-default settings in your Windows install, but what, I don't know yet. Of course "no mods"/vanilla would work fine because there's no injection occurring there. Injecting the 7H wrapper is what allows for the magic of the mods to work (and is only needed when running with mods, obviously).
So I have been looking around for a guide, but have not been able to find one. Has anyone here upgraded ver. 2.0 to 2.2?

If so, does it overwrite any configs, mods, settings, or save files?

Is the recommendation to just install a new instance of 7th heaven and then load up your .exe from the new version?

As I said, checked the forums and wiki for instructions, but came up empty!
On the first page, it says you can upgrade to 2.2 over 2.0 and install to the same folder. No guide is needed as it's just a simple regular install. However, for compatibility and stability reasons, the game driver settings and your 7H settings are reset and that's because of the switch in game drivers for 2.2 as well as big changes to settings from 2.0. It's better to reset than to break/crash the program. Setting these up only takes a few seconds, and most people don't change much from the 7h defaults, if at all, with the exception of the game driver. Your installed mod library and profiles (mod settings) DO stay intact however. 7H has not and never will touch your save game files.

If you're real touchy about it, you can always install 7H 2.2 to a new folder (but your mod settings will not be migrated over--you would need to manually copy over your profiles from 2.0) and keep 2.0 in its own folder so nothing changes with your 2.0 install. They can live side by side. But that would give you the opportunity to set up everything in 2.2 as you see fit to match 2.0 until you're perfectly happy with it before (if you want) deleting your 2.0 folder.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2020-08-31 12:18:45 »
Post compatibility fix= 8 times in a row success! and not a single Easyhook error in sight even with every mod I want on which is almost everything in the catalogue xD... log uploaded, may be a good Idea to add the possible error + fix in the FAQ.

By the way, battle boxes looses transparency after winning a battle half a second before changing the screen and Sega Chief Battle Model Swap and Mouth Texture Replacer both work but it says that the version is 1.01, when it downloads it downloads version 1.00 prompting an update which it fails to download everytime.

just small bugs, thanks for your time!

Battle boxes isn't a 7h bug, its an ESUI by design implementation in how to toggle the transparency in and out of battles, at a future date it may be improved, but it is this way for now.

ItsDenton

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2020-08-31 15:17:30 »
It started glitching again for me... so I've got the log, but pretty much it just says it's an;

15:59:40|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR: Unknown error in injected assembler code. (Code: 5);  ...

I don't have anywhere to upload it, but it basically printed that all 14 attempts and then;

15:59:44|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Unknown error in injected assembler code.

In the meantime, could someone link me to the "compatibility fix" that worked for Snake2208 is, please? If that has a shot at working, it'd be nice to try  :)

skywalker24

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2020-08-31 21:31:56 »
Thanks for the update!  Made sure to donate as a thank you.

Does this update do anything to help alleviate the memory issue that makes the game crash with graphical/texture mods on?

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2020-08-31 23:00:12 »
On the first page, it says you can upgrade to 2.2 over 2.0 and install to the same folder. No guide is needed as it's just a simple regular install. However, for compatibility and stability reasons, the game driver settings and your 7H settings are reset and that's because of the switch in game drivers for 2.2 as well as big changes to settings from 2.0. It's better to reset than to break/crash the program. Setting these up only takes a few seconds, and most people don't change much from the 7h defaults, if at all, with the exception of the game driver. Your installed mod library and profiles (mod settings) DO stay intact however. 7H has not and never will touch your save game files.

If you're real touchy about it, you can always install 7H 2.2 to a new folder (but your mod settings will not be migrated over--you would need to manually copy over your profiles from 2.0) and keep 2.0 in its own folder so nothing changes with your 2.0 install. They can live side by side. But that would give you the opportunity to set up everything in 2.2 as you see fit to match 2.0 until you're perfectly happy with it before (if you want) deleting your 2.0 folder.

Thanks so much for the explanation!!

Rumbah

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2020-08-31 23:26:08 »
Does this update do anything to help alleviate the memory issue that makes the game crash with graphical/texture mods on?
Yes.

As 2.2 uses FFNx as game driver there should be no crashes anymore because of that. If it runs out of memory the small texture tiles just get black so you can save or anything and restart.

In addition to that you can convert your mods to dds files that take much less memory on disc and in RAM. If the Mod author doesn't offer that format (yet), you can convert it with: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19701.0 .

And in addition to that if you are on 64bit Windows, I think 7th Heaven patches your FF7 to be able to use more RAM and as FFNx supports that, too, you'll can load much more textures before running out of RAM (about three times as much).

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #481 on: 2020-09-03 06:37:37 »
It started glitching again for me... so I've got the log, but pretty much it just says it's an;

In the meantime, could someone link me to the "compatibility fix" that worked for Snake2208 is, please? If that has a shot at working, it'd be nice to try  :)

So what changed? That could provide a clue as to the problem. I'd start with removing/disabling security software. I think you said you had AVG, which is pretty much malware in itself.

The "compatibility fix" isn't a download. It's a setting for your ff7.exe. Read a few posts back.

Thanks for the update!  Made sure to donate as a thank you.

Thank you so much for your support! It is much appreciated!
Yes, 2.2 should not be crashing for you (if you experience crashing, it's probably a mod causing an issue such as the Animations>60 fps mod or some other mod with issues). But as far as 7h/game driver/ff7 itself, those should be pretty solid now. I explained a few posts back in more detail how the new ff7.exe and ffnx affect the crashing issues if interested.

And in addition to that if you are on 64bit Windows, I think 7th Heaven patches your FF7 to be able to use more RAM and as FFNx supports that, too, you'll can load much more textures before running out of RAM (about three times as much).
Either one will be able to access more memory than before (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

ItsDenton

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2020-09-06 09:13:13 »
...I don't have AVG XD that program is the worst. I tried firewall stuff, it didn't have much of an effect, but yet again it seems to have resolved itself with no changes made from the base state...

I'm starting to wonder if EasyInject is like Santa, and you just have to beliiieve in it to get it to work.
Because there's seriously no other explanation.

dethkab

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2020-09-06 19:05:03 »
Thank you for all the hard work!!

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2020-09-06 20:39:57 »
Hey,
I noticed that FF8 doesn't seem to have a mod manager like 7th Heaven. Is it because FF8 can't have one at the technical level or because there hasn't been an interest? If it's the latter, have you guys discussed the possibility of making a version of 7th Heaven for FF8? If it weren't for 7th Heaven, I would have never tried any mod for FF7. If FF8 received a mod manager, I'm sure it would drive even more people to try the wonderful mods that have been made for it.

Anyways, I'm just curious.

Cheers

Forte224

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2020-09-08 17:31:32 »
So do we know if the 60fps mod is being worked on so it will eventually be compatible with 2.2? It's quite literally the last piece of the puzzle I need before starting a new playthrough. Just curious. By the way 2.2 is just absolutely excellent! All I wanted was a fix to the crashing issues but it does so much more. :-D

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2020-09-09 14:52:04 »
So do we know if the 60fps mod is being worked on so it will eventually be compatible with 2.2? It's quite literally the last piece of the puzzle I need before starting a new playthrough. Just curious. By the way 2.2 is just absolutely excellent! All I wanted was a fix to the crashing issues but it does so much more. :-D
60fps causes more problems than it solves, and it's very hackish under the hood. In order to have proper 60fps, all the animations (engine code, model skeletons, and graphic manipulations) need to be redone. There is effort in this direction, but it'll be a LONG time before it's a reality.  Turn that mod option off, and start playing.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2020-09-09 19:01:57 »
Mods are not installed, cannot download any mod related to Remako
Battle Textures, Field Textures, Spell Textures, World Textures...
« Last Edit: 2020-09-09 19:08:33 by Xenogears »

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2020-09-09 19:09:14 »
21:47:36|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Downloading Battle Textures - switching to backup url iros://Url/http$qhimm.7thheaven.rocks/Catalog 3.0/Battle Textures - 3.0.iro
21:48:18|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Battle Textures - Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера 88.198.64.176:80
21:48:18|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера 88.198.64.176:80
   в System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   в System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   в System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
21:52:49|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|7th Heaven v2.2.3.522 started - Click here to view the app log.  |  Hint: Change your game's graphics settings by going to Settings>Game Driver...
21:52:54|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Checking for app updates ...
21:53:05|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading World Textures - Google Drive - Quota exceeded
21:53:05|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Google Drive - Quota exceeded
21:53:05|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Downloading World Textures - switching to backup url iros://Url/http$qhimm.7thheaven.rocks/Catalog 3.0/World Textures - 3.0.iro
21:53:47|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading World Textures - Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера 88.198.64.176:80
21:53:47|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Попытка установить соединение была безуспешной, т.к. от другого компьютера за требуемое время не получен нужный отклик, или было разорвано уже установленное соединение из-за неверного отклика уже подключенного компьютера 88.198.64.176:80
   в System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   в System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   в System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Mods are not installed, cannot download any mod related to Remako
Battle Textures, Field Textures, Spell Textures, World Textures...

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #489 on: 2020-09-10 02:32:27 »

60fps battles is actually working quite well and still being worked on in reunion (regular 60fps works great but the interpolated option needs work)

to be fair, there are a few things and mods that work in 7h and dont in reunion, so there isnt really any option where you can have any mod and do whatever you want, though

but if 60fps battles is real high on your list of mods you want to play with, you should absolutely give it a shot (you can have both pointed at the same installation)

chang17lee

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2020-09-10 16:30:49 »
any way we can have the animations working again? I kinda liked the breathing idle animations and some stuff.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #491 on: 2020-09-20 18:07:48 »
any way we can have the animations working again? I kinda liked the breathing idle animations and some stuff.
The animations mod should be working fine, you just can't use the 60fps in it. If you want the 60fps then you can use the mod This Mod Are Sick. The 60fps is working in that mod as far as I know.

spectre_bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2020-10-07 03:55:48 »
Hi Guys! Congrats for all of your progress!!! It's awesome what you guys have done for us that love's Final Fantasy VII! I have a question, can i play the game in Brazilian Portuguese with the version 2.2? If yes, how to do? ;D
Thank u !

spectre_bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2020-10-11 05:04:59 »
Please, someone?!?!?! :'(

hArtKor

• A set of certain coincidences.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2020-10-16 08:56:53 »
Good afternoon,
Can you please tell me what the problem might be, I cannot go to the site http://7thheaven.rocks directly, only using a proxy / vpn. And even in this case, if I download the manager, Qhimm mods are not available for download, again due to the manager's inability to access the server. What could be the problem?

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2020-10-19 16:55:37 »
Good afternoon,
Can you please tell me what the problem might be, I cannot go to the site http://7thheaven.rocks directly, only using a proxy / vpn. And even in this case, if I download the manager, Qhimm mods are not available for download, again due to the manager's inability to access the server. What could be the problem?

Try it again now, if still problems please post back.

hArtKor

• A set of certain coincidences.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2020-10-20 20:30:25 »

Try it again now, if still problems please post back.
Nothing has changed, everything is the same.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2020-10-20 21:55:52 »
Hmm that is odd, please try once more.  I can post the google drive mirror links, if it still doesnt work.

BVargas

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2020-10-24 04:13:07 »
Thanks for the continued work guys. One thing, the part where Cloud wears a dress is still bringing up the old character model.

Bhelpherzergma

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2020-11-04 04:47:54 »
Hello I'm new to dealing with mods, recently got a PC and ff7 on steam and saw this modding gem.
I've managed to change the field models to what I like but when it comes to Cloud, he's in his original block model eg. when becomes a non playable character, kid cloud, flashbacks and his transparent model; also Zack is in the original block model.
Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers.