Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844895 times)

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #50 on: 2013-07-27 16:04:25 »
I'm having the same error here,

I have a question: this new version have to insert text in *. txt? in the previous version only had to extract

tnanks for you reply my friend

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013-07-28 16:46:42 »
When you have problems like that, you can always google the dll. I added it to the zip file nonetheless.
I may add an import feature for texts but that's not my priority at all.

Sorry for the missing dll.

EDIT : there were more than 1 missing dll... I'm re-uploading the thing.
EDIT 2 : Done.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 17:41:07 by Tirlititi »

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013-07-28 18:31:07 »
it is >preferens>game alphabet>cyrilic   

1. font not normal  in box(1 image)
2. program is hang when i "overwrite binary file" (2 image)

other

« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 19:40:55 by shikulja »

gledson999

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013-07-28 19:55:26 »
When you have problems like that, you can always google the dll. I added it to the zip file nonetheless.
I may add an import feature for texts but that's not my priority at all.

Sorry for the missing dll.

EDIT : there were more than 1 missing dll... I'm re-uploading the thing.
EDIT 2 : Done.
Thanks Work very well, but when I Overwrite binari file the program crash and alsot the text are limited, but there is a method to edit freely, I say in the matter of adding many characteres as you want?

OBS: it's hard to know how to move in a program of this size, just as it is a great game franchise like Final Fantasy IX, good luck on your project.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 20:02:24 by gledson999 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2013-07-28 20:32:43 »
Ultimately, I guess that might be possible, but no one ever succeeded to do a thing like that on an ISO for what I know. The problem is that adding more characters means "pushing" the datas in the file and it doesn't like it.
Fortunatly, there is an extra space empty and unused after the text dialogs (it varies between 0 and 2048 extra characters for one text block). So I can use that space.
The only cautious is that I don't know exactly everything about how dialogs are encoded and I just need to do some tests to get it working well. I'm not planning on pushing the limit more than that.
Also, keep in mind that a lot of the texts in a text block isn't actually used (dialogs from CD X but present in CD Y, debug dialogs, etc...).

I can't reproduce the "overwrite save datas" bug. Does it happen even if you only edit a spell's power? Or is it related to text?
Did it re-scanned the file? The .hwf should be updated. If that's the problem, just delete the .hwf file and let the program redo one.

@shikulja : I think "Cyrillic basic" is meaningless then, since you have already the good font everywhere else (that wasn't the case in your previous screenshot)...

Anyway, I'll try to be a bit faster on the next version, so everything can work properly.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013-07-28 21:15:48 »
I can't reproduce the "overwrite save datas" bug. Does it happen even if you only edit a spell's power? Or is it related to text?
Did it re-scanned the file? The .hwf should be updated. If that's the problem, just delete the .hwf file and let the program redo one.

1. and text and spells
2. yes rescaned automatic
3. yes delete .hwf file  not help

gledson999

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2013-07-28 22:23:19 »
is random, but the same error occurs

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013-07-30 09:01:21 »
Updated for a bug-fix version :
- Saves and PPF exportation work properly,
- Added a character filtering for the "Edit Text" window,
- You can export text using the extended opcode names if you find it more readable,
- Minor charmap changes.

Note that if you try to put unrecognized characters in texts (since there is a filter, the only way to do it now is to copy/paste them), the program will no longer crash on saves but instead turn those characters into "?".

I also modified the "Game langage" preference : it no longer change the font but change the encoding instead. I really have little clues about how I could make the program compatible with non-West European charset but if it is miraculously of any help, let me know it...

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013-07-30 10:07:48 »
Working. but it still makes little sense ((

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013-07-30 10:18:42 »
you can change the font to Arial. there is also Latin and Greek, and Cyrillic?

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
« Reply #60 on: 2013-08-06 23:21:49 »
Saves and PPF exportation work properly,

can it open saved ppf's? i would love that...

demeterf

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013-08-07 15:28:46 »
Hi!

This is a great program,
I'm waiting for the updated version, that can handle more text in dialogue boxes.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013-08-14 20:15:11 »
Update.
I'm not spending as much time as before on that, unfortunatly :/

What's new :
- Character limitation is much more flexible for enemies and dialogs,
- You may move and remove opcodes in texts (not add yet - I do not guarantee it's bugless with every opcodes),
- Buttons are displayed in dialogs' preview,
- New pages in dialogs are now displayed with a ¶ instead of a space (it mainly affects Mogster's explanations),
- Font of the text editor switched to "Arial".

EDIT : Forgot to tell you that, if you can write lengthened texts, the text boxes' won't be resized accordingly, so you can't put anything you want either.
To change the box sizes, I guess it'll need to edit the scripts. That's on my to-do list but it's quiet a huge work (I'm a bit experienced on it by now, but I need to make the program read .ppf first).
« Last Edit: 2013-08-15 14:21:49 by Tirlititi »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013-08-17 08:49:07 »
Actually, I changed my mind. I won't do a .ppf reader but I'll add a way to save changes in a custom format. It will allow you to pass changes from a disc to another, for instance.

But there's also a trick to load .ppf (and be able to make changes in more than 1 shot ><) :
- Save your .ppf with the option "Add an undo feature",
- Apply your .ppf to your file,
- Open your patched file with Hades Workshop,
- Open each of the tabs (in order to load datas),
- Apply the undo patch,
- You may now export the additional changes you made as a PPF.

Note that "Export as PPF" works this way : it compares the datas between the file in your hard disc and the file you would obtain if you used "Overwrite binary file". The result is a patch that allows the upgrade :
from the file in your hard disc
to the file in your hard disc + the things you edited.

That's why you have to apply the undo patch before exporting as a PPF, so the file in your hard disc be the initial game file.

But this is a temporary trick. I mean I hope that next version you won't need it anymore.

itoikenza

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2013-08-18 01:19:36 »
Great, thanks for the effort man. looking forward to the custom file export feature.

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2013-08-23 10:19:34 »
I tried to translate FF9 in Asian language (Thai language) with Hades Workshop.

But it is always change to ??????.

I think it is because there are no alphabets in char table.

The problems are,

1. I don't know how to add/replace it into char table with hex edit tool.

2. I don't know how to use char table from QwimmWiki to find the position of char table.

Can you advise me to do this.

Thanks.  :)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2013-08-23 12:42:01 »
I may try to implement asian support, but that'll take some work. I can't see the proper japanese characters in QwimmWiki and I guess Thai isn't written with kanjis anyway...

To be sure I properly got your problem :
1) You have a game version with an Asian alphabet,
2) When you open your file, dialogs and texts are meaningless because they use Occidental alphabet,
3) You copy/paste the dialogs you wrote somewhere else (with a notepad or something) in Asian alphabet,
4) You end up with texts in-game full of "?", as well as when you close/reopen the file using HW.

Are all these points right?

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2013-08-23 16:34:53 »
1) I have English version of ff9.

2) It open perfectly fine in English language.

3) Yes, I did that.

4) Yes.

Thanks for your reply.  :D

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2013-08-23 17:12:16 »
I see, thank you... Unfortunatly, I can't force the game to use another alphabet than he uses. I'll try to see if I can figure out how to make it (if wiki's informations are right, I know where to look at least), but that will definitely take some time...

Also, how many different characters would you need, approximately? less than 200? more than 600?

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2013-08-23 17:39:26 »
They are less than 80 characters.  :)

Here is the alphabets in Unicode for your reference.

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0E00.pdf

Thai number is not important.

Whatever it can or can't add Thai alphabets.

I appreciate with your concern. Thanks.  :D

itoikenza

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2013-08-25 21:17:29 »
Tirlititi is it possible to replace "Change" into any other command list instead?

here's what i tried, but nothing worked...
also the only reason i linked the "itoikenza" command list, is because it won't let me add moves otherwise...
« Last Edit: 2013-08-25 21:21:59 by itoikenza »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2013-08-26 19:23:57 »
Yeah, I know, I need more investigations on commands, but since dialogs was most asked, I went for it first.
Editing the "Change" spell also makes strange results : it seems to apply both the "change row" effect and another effect you would put.

Btw Gine, I found where a charmap is being defined from an image (that draws the characters). I had trouble reading images but Zidane_2 succeeded there, so I guess it may be possible in a relatively near future to use a custom charmap made from an image you'd import.

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2013-08-27 16:06:32 »
Wow. That's great.  :D

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2013-08-28 01:23:17 »
Update :
- Added "Open Mod" and "Save Mod" to save datas in a special file (.hws). They can be used to share modifications across multiple files. Hotkeys for them are Ctrl+Shif+O and Ctrl+S ("Overwrite binary" hotkey has been changed to Ctrl+B),
- Added names for text blocks,
- Added options to sort text blocks similar to the ones for enemies,
- Added unknown flags in spell datas (if you figure out what's their purpose, I'm interested ^^ I guess some of them are about counter-attacks).
- Re-added the extra texts in battle.

About sharing datas across different CD for enemy and text datas : as you may display it, each battle and text block as an ID (identifier). The program simply uses that ID to identify the battles.

I had a lot of bugs with saving and opening .hws files at some point and I'm unsure I fixed all of them. You may got fatal errors or less important bugs... I'll release a bug-fix version soon if that is the case.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-28 09:24:13 by Tirlititi »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2013-08-28 22:02:39 »
Link down...