Author Topic: (FF7) How I fixed FMVs  (Read 8489 times)

Nauthiz

(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« on: 2003-07-06 23:42:48 »
Download Nimos codec pack (build eight) at
http://nimo.titanesk.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=2
Click next select "Full" from the drop down menu at the top, click on the plus (+) beside DirectShow Filters and unclick "FfdShow DirectShow"

It fixed my blank/noaudio AND upside down fmvs.
Haven't tried the Cosmo fmv yet (no saves close to it).

Rubicant

• View Profile
(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-07 00:11:27 »
Admins....

Shouldn't he be NOT posting a link to something like that? I haven't bothered to download it becuase I'm quite sure all the codec pack contains is hacked/ripped codecs.

Nauthiz

(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-07 00:18:31 »
Hey...I'm just trying to help ppl.
My friend told me to get it, I didn't know they were hacked/ripped.
Feel free to delete it :P
Might help out alot of ppl tho :)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-07 11:53:44 »
Hmm, I don't know how legal the Nimo codec pack is.  I've seen it before and it is kinda useful, however, I'm not about to install it again because I've had lots of trouble with it before on more than one computer.

Anonymous

(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-07 17:36:54 »
Nauthiz

(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #5 on: 2003-07-07 22:00:26 »
Alright, I've been messing around with the pack a lil bit and found out what ones you only need.

Under Video codecs, Divx 5.02, and Mircrosoft Mpeg-4.
Unclick everything under Frame servers
Under Audio Codecs, Divx Audio, MPEG-Layer 3, Windows Media Audio Codec.
Under DirectShow Filters, Divx 5.02 ONLY.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #6 on: 2003-07-07 23:10:36 »
I don't see why you need to install things like Windows Media Audio, MPEG Layer 3, and Mpeg-4... If I'm not mistaken, those codecs all come on the system.  Maybe the MP3 codec allows you to encode at better bitrates than the default one.

Divx, sure, but I usually just go get the codec for that from Download.com.  They're up to 5.05 now anyway.

However, I did get the AC3 audio codec from Nimo.  It's necessary to play the audio many of my uncompressed DVD rips.

Lord Kane

• View Profile
    • http://lordkane.co.uk
(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #7 on: 2003-07-07 23:29:24 »
Well DivX 5.0.5, XviD, the OGG DS filter and AC3 filter seem to cover pretty much everything for me.
The MP3 pack allows to to encode at better than 56Kbps (XP isntalls with that as your maximum oO)
Windows Media Audio comes with WMP (although Winamp still needs a seperate plugin for it)
Mpeg-4 is a variety of things. Xvid and the DivXs are all Mpeg-4 based video.

Nauthiz

(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #8 on: 2003-07-08 01:00:53 »
It didn't work for me w/out those for some reason.
Maybe mine were outdated.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #9 on: 2003-07-08 02:32:42 »
Nimo's codec pack destroyed my system .. i was a little on the stupid side when i installed all the codecs at once.. I got the problem resolved and for watching videos Kazaa Lite comes with a decent codec pack.. usually thats what i recommend to people trying to watch Divx and such..

Nauthiz

(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #10 on: 2003-07-08 04:32:37 »
Don't see how it could of destroyed your computer, it comes with a uninstaller.

Rubicant

• View Profile
(FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #11 on: 2003-07-08 07:19:52 »
Just because something uninstalls doesn't mean it'll back up the registry how it exactly was.

Fenrir

• View Profile
Re: (FF7) How I fixed FMVs
« Reply #12 on: 2008-05-31 07:21:02 »
I had this problem and tried every (literally EVERY) solution for this available on the interweb.  I found that the solution for the problem did not lie in codecs, not in patches, and not in any setting changes.  The solution that fixed my problem with the FMV's was with a simple re-installation of the YAMAHA SoftSynthesizer S-YXG70.  Thats it!!! Thats all I had to do!  And just to make it clear, after each and every solution applied I tried to view the fmv's through the game, through windows media player (current version 11), via constant switch between HDD and CD through regedit all the while triple checking the directory paths and re-installing the game(over and over and over and over and....).  Then as i was about to give up, I decided to not re-install the game, not directshow, and not direct x(supplied version and current version), but YAMAHA SoftSynthesizer S-YXG70.  I made sure it wasn't working before I re-installed it, so after I knew that that could be the only possible factor in the entirety of the ordeal that would solve this problem for me.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-05-31 07:36:16 »
I had this problem and tried every (literally EVERY) solution for this available on the interweb.  I found that the solution for the problem did not lie in codecs, not in patches, and not in any setting changes.  The solution that fixed my problem with the FMV's was with a simple re-installation of the YAMAHA SoftSynthesizer S-YXG70.  Thats it!!! Thats all I had to do!  And just to make it clear, after each and every solution applied I tried to view the fmv's through the game, through windows media player (current version 11), via constant switch between HDD and CD through regedit all the while triple checking the directory paths and re-installing the game(over and over and over and over and....).  Then as i was about to give up, I decided to not re-install the game, not directshow, and not direct x(supplied version and current version), but YAMAHA SoftSynthesizer S-YXG70.  I made sure it wasn't working before I re-installed it, so after I knew that that could be the only possible factor in the entirety of the ordeal that would solve this problem for me.

Why, might I ask, would you post the exact same thing in two threads, then create a whole new topic to post the exact same thing again?

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-05-31 07:46:17 »
Alzheimers coupled with a very strict set of self originated posting rules?

Bot?

canned meat?

buffer deficiency?

terraecthnideophilia?

????

Profit.

Fenrir

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-05-31 15:11:40 »
A repeated post? Sounds almost as bad as a repeated problem.  ouch