Poll

Which character would you like to have as a playable character the most?

Heidegger
5 (6.8%)
Tseng
22 (29.7%)
Turk Vincent
25 (33.8%)
Scarlet
13 (17.6%)
President Shinra
9 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Play as the Shinra Project.  (Read 57502 times)

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Play as the Shinra Project.
« Reply #50 on: 2017-05-29 14:45:24 »
Hello all - if any of you in here wants me to finish this mod then i suggest helping me to un-rar IRO-archives as i am still using Bootleg to mod FF7 - i want the raw-material so that i can implement it and modify it to suit this mod.

There is an awesome mini-mod by Grimmy that let's people play as many of the characters i wanted for this mod (unfortunately he replaced Dyne with Tseng) - and if i could extract the actual files i could finish my sub-mod using the files of his mod which already have the animations in place.

So, any help in extracting IRO-archives would be helpful to be able to finish this as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-29 14:47:41 by mr_nygren »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #51 on: 2017-05-29 15:55:47 »
If ya wanna extract an iro. Open 7th heaven. Click workshop and pack.unpack iros. From there its obvious.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2017-06-08 02:31:00 »
Hm, the problem is i have not installed 7th Heaven - and the last time i tried doing that it would CTD immediately after Cloud jumps off the train.

I have Bootleg installed on one computer though.

Edit - Thanks, it would seem only Dark Nation was included as a field model. But that's no problem - i could make my own field model versions of all the characters.

The battle animations were the main problem - would have taken forever to do it my way.

With these battle-models i could possibly add these characters without needing to do all that manual work of adding animations frame by frame - like i did with my Scarlet model.

In any case, unfortunate that Grimmy switched out Dyne.. As i had planned to use Dyne instead of Barret - but his animations were troublesome to add.

I'd guess with Grimmy's method it would be easy but i have no clue how he did it. He used the files of the PSX-shinra mod. But i don't know how to work with the PSX-files :P.

Tseng will have to do even though i always thought Dyne were a major bad-ass.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-08 02:54:36 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2017-06-08 11:23:05 »
Here is my work this night and morning:

Remade this Rufus 8 years old - that i found in the old Turks mod from 2008:

New Rufus 8 years old (replaced body with PRB 8 yo Cloud, remade colours and replaced head):

Remade this Rufus 13 years old, that i found in the old Turks mod from 2008:

New Rufus 13 years old (replaced body with PRB 8 yo Cloud, remade colours and replaced head):

Added a parachute backpack to this Rufus Parachute model that i found in the old Turks mod from 2008:

New Rufus Shinra Parachute model (added a backpack):

Added this field model of Rufus Shinra that i found in the old Turks mod from 2008:

Remade this Rufus in Wheelchair model that i found in the old Turks mod from 2008:

New Rufus Shinra wheelchair model (replaced old field Rufus model with the field-battle model):

Remade this Rufus woman model with Clouds dress, that i found in the old Turks mod from 2008:

New Rufus woman model (new colours - they look much better in-game):

Added Rufus Sword, Rufus Soldier and Rufus Soldier with Helmet models directly from the old Turks mod.

Added this new Rufus mother's model replacing Cloud's mother (changing the colour of the hair from black to orange):

Added this new battle-model for Cloud as Rufus Shinra with all the animations intact - from Grimmys minimod with Shinra-characters):

Remaining to be done is:

Replacing the Rufus Shinra NPC battle and field model with Cloud Strife.

Pictures of Rufus as a woman in-game:

« Last Edit: 2017-06-08 11:27:10 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2017-06-09 07:21:47 »
Updates during the night:

Remade the Rufus in dress-model a little - added left hand that were missing in the Turks mod, the mod from which i got the material that i modified.

Remade the Rufus in wheelchair-model - as i didn't think the one from the Turks mod had the bones just right. - Remade it using another Cloud wheelchair model as base.

New Rufus in dress as seen in-game - the quality isn't bad as one would think based on the other picture.

Rufus Shinra NPC field-model turned into Cloud Strife!

I managed to fix it after some tips at Qhimm forums - now both Rufus and Cloud don't share model-part names.

The battle model of Rufus has been replaced with Cloud Strife.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2017-06-09 07:36:33 »
The hip needs to be turned 180• at y axis. You may also want make the hip-chest bone a bit smaller.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2017-06-09 09:08:54 »
I did as you suggested and i think it's better now:

By the way i like your style on the battle models the best. You should use this fmv style for the field models too if you could.  :-D

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #57 on: 2017-06-09 12:16:37 »
I like your imagination in model making. When it came to making a dress I'd have been completely stumped.

Why don't you try adding in Elena or maybe even Cisne to replace Tifa.

I'd try to keep cloud uain a sword and have Rufus use his gun still. Its just a case of renaming the animations so they are loaded in a swapped way.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2017-06-09 12:49:42 »
The first release is ready of the Rufus Shinra update (i may try to improve on it later as the MC-model and possibly a few others may need work - as well as possibly swaping animations for weapons used by NPC:s as the guy above suggested.

But won't that screw up the commands?

I would very much want instructions on how Grimmy made the animations of the Shinra battle models work with the player commands. I already know of the PSX-mod and that he used command lines from there - but the details i have no clue about.

I would want that Jemnezmy villain as a teammember but the problem is those animations are not ready for the buttons. Which means when i click attack the character may do something else - that kind of problem i avoided by using the models from the minimod Grimmy made. The first one is now ready and it's Rufus of the Shinra.

Would also be cool if one could add enemy animations to let's say Tifa or something - like Jemnezmy attacks for Tifa.

Download-link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/rufus-mod-version-10

Youtube-video of the scenes at the Shinra Headquarters with Rufus and the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duvsig28F0k&spfreload=10

« Last Edit: 2017-06-09 12:52:45 by mr_nygren »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #59 on: 2017-06-09 12:53:46 »
If your download contains the source which it probably does I'll take a look when I have time. I have a lot of knowledge in models and stuff so I may be able to help

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2017-06-09 13:12:33 »
I like your imagination in model making. When it came to making a dress I'd have been completely stumped.

Why don't you try adding in Elena or maybe even Cisne to replace Tifa.

I'd try to keep cloud uain a sword and have Rufus use his gun still. Its just a case of renaming the animations so they are loaded in a swapped way.

Thanks man :).

Cisne? Elena is planned, but i don't know what is best? Use Grimmy's battleemodel with her own animations and victory pose - but the minus is the limit breaks get glitched.. Or i could do my own thing and the limit breaks will work - but she will move like Tifa. That would be like in the "Turks"-mod but better.

I would like the limits on one hand, but on the other it's cool with her own moves in other areas.

I will try to switch out animations etc but i have my suspicions it will cause the commands to go crazy.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2017-06-09 13:15:44 »
If your download contains the source which it probably does I'll take a look when I have time. I have a lot of knowledge in models and stuff so I may be able to help

My download contains all the files with Rufus Shinra or his "mother" - who is basically Clouds mother with new color on her hair.

I did include all the battle-models including the one of Rufus in battle from Grimmys minimod. I guess one would have to modify the ab-file somehow - and the commands were already in order in the psx-mod. But what program do one use to get the files from the PSX-version? Are those files named in the same manner? I have no clue as to how the PSX-stuff works.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #62 on: 2017-06-09 13:22:42 »
Yeah cisne is a female turn in crisis core. I don't know where she went but if there's a lack of characters Shea a good stand in

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2017-06-09 14:29:02 »
great job on this mod

i might try it out 1 day

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2017-06-09 15:39:21 »
Yeah cisne is a female turn in crisis core. I don't know where she went but if there's a lack of characters Shea a good stand in

Ilfana would be closer.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2017-06-10 04:16:03 »

I see - i never played Crisis Core or Dissidia/Dicidia duo 12 to the end. But i usually avoid all that extra stuff from Dirge of Cerberus (sucks), Crisis Core (a good game, but the story is not very exciting) and Advent Children (never liked the style change, as i kinda like the anime-style of the original).

I agree with Kaldarasha that Ifalna would be the better choice. However i think i have enough characters even though i may take different ones if i could understand how to edit and apply command-changes to the AB-file. As far as i understand the Shinra battlemodels Grimmy made out of the PSX-mod has different AB-files compared to how they were originally - as the guy who made the psx-mod had changed the order of how the ai will handle the animations for NPC-characters.

Basically this means one could use any NPC if one was able to open up the AB-file and add these changes to it - but it needs to be done to all the characters one wants to use i imagine. The problem is Notepad++ doesn't work as the file is too big. Any ideas as to how one could open and edit it would be great - then i will most likely replace Barret with Dyne.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-10 04:18:31 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2017-06-10 04:21:51 »
great job on this mod

i might try it out 1 day

Thank you.

Did you try out the first Scarlet release? I remember you wrote back in the summer of 2015.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #67 on: 2017-06-10 07:06:02 »
Okay so my easiest solution. So example Cloud Rufus switch
Not sure of the names so i'm just got random them.
Open the folders side by side

Folder 1                                     Folder 2

Cloud files                                  Rufus files

aaaa                                          faaa
aaab                                          faab
aaac                                          faac
aaad                                          faad
aaae                                          faae

These 2 models have the same number of bones so animations won't need to be altered whatsoever.
All you gotta do is rename the files so you have basically switched them.
Just leave any .a files as is for the char folder.
And for battle leave "aada" and "fada" as they are.
These are the anims for battle.

Any battle file ending in da is the animations.
No model editing is necessary at all. It's actually really simple

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2017-06-10 07:52:40 »
Okay so my easiest solution. So example Cloud Rufus switch
Not sure of the names so i'm just got random them.
Open the folders side by side

Folder 1                                     Folder 2

Cloud files                                  Rufus files

aaaa                                          faaa
aaab                                          faab
aaac                                          faac
aaad                                          faad
aaae                                          faae

These 2 models have the same number of bones so animations won't need to be altered whatsoever.
All you gotta do is rename the files so you have basically switched them.
Just leave any .a files as is for the char folder.
And for battle leave "aada" and "fada" as they are.
These are the anims for battle.

Any battle file ending in da is the animations.
No model editing is necessary at all. It's actually really simple

And this would give Cloud Rufus battle-animations? Without them being odd.. Like him doing attack when clicking items and potion?

I believe it's more complex as this is basically what i did to the char and battle-models. It's just Grimmy did something to the animation file of Rufus and the others - without that they would not use the right animation for various commands..

I think what you are suggesting me to do would just give me Rufus with Clouds battle-animations.

Fortunately Grimmy had made Rufus - but i would like to be able to add real animations myself for anyone.

Edit: Basically i just want to know how to open up the AB-file in order to edit it. The rest i have already done many times - but i want enemies with the enemy-animations. And it doesn't work to just swap them.. The order of animations is not correct and the animation-file needs to be edited.

But i don't know how Grimmy edited that file.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-10 08:01:32 by mr_nygren »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2017-06-10 08:28:40 »
Look at the wiki if you want to change the battle animation. There are some information about them. If I remember right **ab contains the pointer where to find the animations and **da contains the 'normal' battle animations while the limt animations are stored in the magic.lgp
So far we have no tool to edit the **ab files. Though you can use a hex editor to modify them.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2017-06-10 08:39:29 »
Look at the wiki if you want to change the battle animation. There are some information about them. If I remember right **ab contains the pointer where to find the animations and **da contains the 'normal' battle animations while the limt animations are stored in the magic.lgp
So far we have no tool to edit the **ab files. Though you can use a hex editor to modify them.

Yes, what Grimmy did was modify the **AB-file to make the game load the right enemy animations in the right order. If that file isn't modified they will be out of order.  The guy who created the PSX-mod had already done the groundwork - so one would just need to open up the file and add the same changes to it as made on the other characters. At least that is what i have understood.

I have no knowledge about hex-editing though but would it be easy to copy/paste the stuff already included in one ''AB-file to another?

All the enemy animations are the same i would guess. If i could like open up the Rufus **ab-file and copy/paste the coding from there to let's say Dyne's **AB-file? That may or may not give Dyne the proper commands when using his model with his animations also - or anyone else.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #71 on: 2017-06-10 12:21:57 »
To correct the limit animations you need to make a kernel.bin like the one jeet had in his psx mod. Then all the limit animations will work properly. I couldn't include the kernel in my party swap mod because the kernel loads into memory only once when the game starts and then it cannot be swapped. Yes you have to hex edit the ab files(just copying and pasting won't work every ab file is unique), but that isn't how a new animation would be created. That is how you assign already existing animations to an action. So Jeet had to assign animations to actions that didn't always match because no animation existed.

After thinking about it if you will tell me which shinra characters you want to replace which hero characters I will make you a set in that order with a matching kernel.bin. I'll pretty much only have to rewrite elena's AB file and make the new kernel to fix the limit animations.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-10 15:38:23 by Grimmy »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2017-06-10 22:08:17 »
To correct the limit animations you need to make a kernel.bin like the one jeet had in his psx mod. Then all the limit animations will work properly. I couldn't include the kernel in my party swap mod because the kernel loads into memory only once when the game starts and then it cannot be swapped. Yes you have to hex edit the ab files(just copying and pasting won't work every ab file is unique), but that isn't how a new animation would be created. That is how you assign already existing animations to an action. So Jeet had to assign animations to actions that didn't always match because no animation existed.

After thinking about it if you will tell me which shinra characters you want to replace which hero characters I will make you a set in that order with a matching kernel.bin. I'll pretty much only have to rewrite elena's AB file and make the new kernel to fix the limit animations.

I see, i am a total noob when it comes to the kernel.bin and hex-editing though. But am quite good with the Kimera program as well as the game itself =).

Okay thanks, that would be great if you could help me out by doing that! :).

I think the following:

Barret - Dyne

Vincent - Sephiroth

Cloud - Rufus (Done - but not sure about limit breaks).

Aerith - Scarlet (Done - but i saw you managed to also use the NPC field model with all it's animations and bones intact? How did you manage that?)

Tifa - Elena

The rest of the characters you are using used by those you replaced them with - Palmer, Hojo, Reno and Rude.

Red XII - Dark Nation (Done).

Not sure about Tseng, i could possibly use both Dyne and Tseng in a submod and let people chose which ones to use.

Finally i wanted those Jemnezmy animations (sexy female villain) in order - possibly one could use that model for Jenova? In the PSX-mod it's already done in that way.

But how did you manage to make field models use all their bones etc? Is it a similar process? Thanks for your help as it will help me to finish a Shinra Mod. I may add Tseng and the Jemnezmy/Jenova as alternatives.

Tifa - Jemnezmy/Jenova.

By the way, would it be possible to also give Rufus-Cloud etc their animations? So that enemy NPC Cloud is using the sword and not a gun?

« Last Edit: 2017-06-10 22:11:51 by mr_nygren »

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #73 on: 2017-06-10 22:24:10 »
Sure. Give me some time and I'll get you a nice set of shinra battle models. After that I will look into the heroes as enemies with hero animations. I think Jeet did a hero Jemnezmy.

-To use the original enemy field models with animations you have to edit the flevel to replace the hrc files of the original party with the enemy hrc files and then edit the enemy animations list to have enough animations. Not enough animation will cause a soft lock, but since your mod is a full replacement you should just swap models. I only had to edit about 20 fields of the flevel and it takes along time to test every model and animation.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2017-06-10 22:51:34 »
Sure. Give me some time and I'll get you a nice set of shinra battle models. After that I will look into the heroes as enemies with hero animations. I think Jeet did a hero Jemnezmy.

-To use the original enemy field models with animations you have to edit the flevel to replace the hrc files of the original party with the enemy hrc files and then edit the enemy animations list to have enough animations. Not enough animation will cause a soft lock, but since your mod is a full replacement you should just swap models. I only had to edit about 20 fields of the flevel and it takes along time to test every model and animation.

Sure. Just write here or PM me when it's done and i'll be sure to check in regularly. Gonna finish this mod whenever the battle-models are ready =). It will make the experience that much better with the real animations of the characters in battle.

Yes - but i think Jeet turned Aerith into Jemnezmy. I would prefer Tifa as otherwise Scarlet would be cut.

It seems very complex and time consuming making the field model compatible in that way in all the games fields. So yes you are right - i'll be doing the field models the same way i did with my Scarlet-character. Not sure about adding animations for all of them though as that is very time consuming adding them in frame by frame.