Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001022 times)

Einder

Re: [RELEASE v1.8]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #400 on: 2011-06-10 15:17:13 »
Thank you sithlord48, setting the game progress fixed the problem.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #401 on: 2011-06-11 15:54:36 »
some updates.
  • New: world map locations in test menu (mostly correctly)
  • Updted:spanish translation  for item names , materias , skills, etc. started

updated the ppa, anyone using the repo should have +1 update :D

zophar

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2011-06-13 04:39:36 »
Whats the word on the ps3/psv save editing?
I stand by ready to donate when its working. I dont have all the equipment to do the save the long way.

I have played this game since the days of the old psx and got it downloaded on my ps3, already into disc 3, but I would like to be able to mess around with it like the old days and be level 60 before leaving midgar.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #403 on: 2011-06-13 12:33:34 »
Whats the word on the ps3/psv save editing?
I stand by ready to donate when its working. I dont have all the equipment to do the save the long way.

I have played this game since the days of the old psx and got it downloaded on my ps3, already into disc 3, but I would like to be able to mess around with it like the old days and be level 60 before leaving midgar.

don't have a ps3 or a psp to do it with... so its kinda in the hands of the ps3 community. lest some one wants to send me a ps3, and then im no crypto expert. i can enable saving of a psv if you can somehow get the ps3 to ingore the checksum.. but currently thats the best that can be done (with out the current workaround , that does work See the faq)

zophar

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2011-06-16 13:33:17 »
If you can enable the saving of .psv I will work on the checksum. Its been a little while since I did much dev work, but if I can figure it out I will get you the info to complete it.

Probably need to add a pop message to let everyone know its not fully functional in case they try to use it.

I would be glad to help out with the ps3 aspects though.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #405 on: 2011-06-16 15:14:42 »
If you can enable the saving of .psv I will work on the checksum. Its been a little while since I did much dev work, but if I can figure it out I will get you the info to complete it.

Probably need to add a pop message to let everyone know its not fully functional in case they try to use it.

I would be glad to help out with the ps3 aspects though.

if your seriously about that then i can make you a special BC copy w/ psv saving turned on.. send me a pm w/ an email address and ill make you an exe you can use to test. i also have some files from the ps3 that might hold the info but i can't build the dev tools i need for ida ( don't work w/ the free version :( ). if you can use that also let me know in the pm.

edit: on further thought i'll enable psv saving (w/ a warning of course) in 1.9. if we can fix the checksum issue then great if not then it will remain broken and complain that no checksum is added.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-16 15:54:21 by sithlord48 »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #406 on: 2011-06-16 20:43:38 »
Zophar, LazyBastard... we've had some interesting joins this last month.

Would give first born for Dr Hell, too.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #407 on: 2011-06-16 22:09:57 »
updates:
PSV saving (no checksum's yet).
World Map Stuff. (very basic) right click to set items the ez way :D
« Last Edit: 2011-06-27 01:46:14 by sithlord48 »

zophar

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2011-06-18 00:38:07 »
Still sifting through the garbage so to speak.
I have run crc32, md5, and SHA1 checksum data and nothing matches what they have going in there.. Unless they took the file checksum and did an additional algorithm off of that.

Still digging, I have poked on a few shoulders in the decrypting flock to see if we can get a few of us in a colab and get this thing knocked out.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #409 on: 2011-06-18 01:13:52 »
You are trying to break the checksum in a PSV file?

The PS3 digitally signs the PSV file with it's cryptographic key. There is no way to create your own signature short of creating your own crypto key from the PS3's master key.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2011-06-18 06:22:23 »
You are trying to break the checksum in a PSV file?

The PS3 digitally signs the PSV file with it's cryptographic key. There is no way to create your own signature short of creating your own crypto key from the PS3's master key.
Thanks to the security failings in pre 3.60 PS3 firmwares, the needed info CAN be discovered, just like people were able to fakesign homebrew so that the PS3 thought it was legit. I'd be willing bet it's a similar signature, not easier or harder, merely done with a different key. It's just a matter of finding someone who has the knowhow AND gives a crap about cracking PSV saves. Unfortunately, though there seem to be plenty of each, I've yet to encounter someone who falls into both categories at once.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #411 on: 2011-06-18 12:56:37 »
It's just a matter of finding someone who has the knowhow AND gives a crap about cracking PSV saves.
Very true covarr.

I feel its better to have the software do the checksum (correctly) then you can use the save on the ps3/psp w/ normal legit firmware. there should be no reason for them to put this kind of nonsence checksum on a savegame.searching around the web, it seams this is optional for ps3 save games so its only psx/ps2 exports that get this kind of signing.(this is prolly why its not cracked more then anything)

i have if anyone who can use ida to disessemble them the parts of the firmware responcible for signing psx/psp saves.(thank you <doner>). I lack the sdk to build the proper tools for ida,so i cant get any good results, if you have the at least ida 6.0 and the sdk you might do better, any takers? with a bit of work im sure we can have this working then Black Chocobo's save ability's will be complete.

zophar

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2011-06-21 13:26:01 »
The algorithm is still not clear to me.. I have been looking into sha5 and several more uncommon checksum styles and can get close to the checksum in the file but not exact.
Just letting you guys know I haven't forgotten

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #413 on: 2011-06-22 04:32:37 »
You are not going to brute-force the checksum. It's based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography using the PS3's master encryption key. The only thing I can think of to break the key is to convert two copies of the same PS1 save to a PSV using an external memory card reader on two different PS3s and then derive  the master key from the two different checksums that come out.

Seebass616

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2011-06-25 03:04:36 »
when do you think you will have the checksum cracked for .vmp? id love to be able to mess with my saves on my psp

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #415 on: 2011-06-25 19:01:17 »
i don't have a psp to even test on so thats kinda in the hands of the psp community , if someone provides me w/ a checksum method then ill implement it but im not working on it.same thing goes for the psv format(i don't have a ps3 either).

zophar

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2011-06-25 21:33:29 »
The ps3 uses ecc on most of its encryptions. But there are also different keys for different objects it encrypts.
And the file itself isn't. Encrypted all that well if it is at all. Aside from the header changes there is basically no change to a standard ps1 save file.

If we could come up with the ecc key they used for this specific purpose it would be tons easierto narrow down which ecc formula they used.
But nobody is sharing the key info openly after the geohotz incident.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Black Chocobo v1.9 French translation
« Reply #417 on: 2011-06-27 06:09:31 »
Black Chocobo v1.9 released. Now with even more features, but with a principal one which is the French translation I did. Not every string can be translated but if any of you Frenchies find any inconsistencies, feel free to pm me (do not ever pm sithlord, he didn't translate, he's not to blame for mistakes; I am). About the amount of text translated, most of them (85% items, 70% materias and 60% magics) were already done. It's been a while I started translating, but the amount of work awaiting for me was getting to discourage me :P Always have to start over, too. When sithlord48 asked me 6 hours ago to have the translation complete for 1.9, I kicked my ass and did it all in 2 hours and a half. Now it's another feature done ;D If you guys had read all up to here, you deserve a candy : O-- <----- here's your candy, it's free, take it.

[french]J'espère que vous apprécierez! :D[/french]

Note : Download link on the first page.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #418 on: 2011-06-29 03:50:40 »
Well its Happened already, the first commits have been made in the trunk.Eslava Fixed some typos in the spanish translation, and discovered that the label that said ruby on the world map editor was really Diamond  then Ultimate then Rubys World posin, (i've fixed that).

Please Report Any Bugs you find.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2011-07-04 22:06:35 »
Bug testing begins.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #420 on: 2011-07-08 02:12:32 »
Bug testing begins.

SOOO..... i've got the list from dlbp(thank you much for the look thru btw) and he managed to find a few things so here is a small progress report.

These two things are the most important things that have been fixed. (Do not do what causes them this is why im telling you)
Bugs Discovered!!!!
Quote from: DPLB
Serious bug with materia stock and materia in slots.  Wrong materia is being added sometimes, and worse, there seems to be a "gravity" materia added to my list and some slots, with huge amounts of AP in the next level (6967295).  When I load this same save again with BC, BC still shows empty slots and stock at that point.
Caused By:: The AP section of empty materia being set to 0x000000
Why:: Not Really sure.
Fixed By:: Detected empty slots now have their ap set to 0xFFFFFF

Quote from: DPLB
Time bug. Not sure how it is doing it but every now and then the time is coming out completely wrong.  For example I messed about and placed in 99 hrs 1 min 1 sec and now time in game shows 1 hour 1 min 1 second.  I think the hours calculation is the problem.
Caused By::  Editing the Seconds Box of your time.
Why:: Hours being set to seconds box value*3600 Seconds.
Fixed By:: Doing the Math correctly (hour box value * 3600 seconds).

Not so bad bugs.
  • Wrong Label In Keyitems Keycard 66 is labeled keycard 68 and the first midgar parts is really card 68, there are 5 midgar parts not 6
  • The Annoying way new chocobo names would be filleed w/ 6 spaces has be corrected
  • Some Slight differance in strings from the game text like "A-M Cannon = A▪M Cannon"
  • Fixed Caps of Gil,Exp,Hours,and Coster High Scores.

Other New Stuff
  • New:Optional "Automatic" Exp,-> Lvl" mode sets the exp , lvl , next and progress based on exp like in game.(Enabled by default) This may expand to also set stats as well
These items are all fixed and will be released along with some other yet to do improvements in 1.9.1. If you must have it now you can build the "trunk" of the svn from the sourceforge page.

EDIT :: MORE PROGRESS>>>

Added a Unknown Varible System (Test Data tab) for those who would like to help find new stuff to play with.. currently very basic.

Moved The world map stuff to the "Location" Tab Both Feild (saved location) and World locations can be edited there.

Working on getting the game playable from Bombing Mission To Wallmarket Via Flash Backs in Progress tab., also added new "Chruch In The Slums" Flash Back, this may not be 100% for 1.9.1.

Added a Clear all and add max of each item buttons to item tab.(max==127)

added a clear all key items button

Other Small internal stuff you won't notice unless you knew the code.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-15 15:49:01 by sithlord48 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2011-07-17 17:36:41 »
Version 1.9.1 will be released shortly with all the features and fixes described in the previous post. Download link will be at the first page.
As always you can download the svn for the latest improvements.

Please report any bugs you find.

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.1]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #422 on: 2011-07-17 20:25:29 »
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but in my copy, in the Other tab, under Visible In PHS, Vincent and Caith Sith are reversed -- selecting one in BC enables the other in-game. Should be easy enough to fix.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #423 on: 2011-07-17 21:57:47 »
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but in my copy, in the Other tab, under Visible In PHS, Vincent and Caith Sith are reversed -- selecting one in BC enables the other in-game. Should be easy enough to fix.

noted, tested , and Fixed! will be in 1.9.2
« Last Edit: 2011-07-17 22:07:32 by sithlord48 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2011-07-18 19:40:24 »
Bug.

In my save, when I give Aerith all of the limit breaks (check all boxes) and save, the game does indeed reflect that when I play it, however, when loading the same save again, BC has reset all the check boxes to off position,