Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3004748 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4750 on: 2019-07-26 09:59:08 »
It will be removed because R06 will use the 1.02 ff7.exe  no matter if re-release or original release. But it will also disable the ability to get achievements.

Arthandas

• View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: 2019-07-26 10:16:22 »
That's awesome, who cares about achievements anyway? "Win your first battle", "Use X's first limit break", "Complete the first part of the game"... I'm surprised there are no separate achievements for buying, installing and starting the game xD All for a colored icon on your Steam profile no one cares about.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: 2019-07-26 13:23:40 »
You'll still be totally free to use the Steam launcher and game - which obv won't load R06.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: 2019-07-26 22:56:04 »

I'm surprised there are no separate achievements for buying, installing and starting the game xD All for a colored icon on your Steam profile no one cares about.

Ha, got one for starting FFVI.

Arthandas

• View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: 2019-07-28 11:09:33 »
Man, reading through the database is a pure pleasure. I love how everyone is so pedantic even about the smallest fixes. I didn't know you're also fixing the psx bugs. Reunion as a whole is a lot more than we could hope even from a proper remaster.

SamQuincy

• View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: 2019-07-30 21:08:51 »
I would love to be able to adjust a bit of the menu so the german words would fit into it :/

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: 2019-07-31 02:09:29 »
That's possible in R06.

SamQuincy

• View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: 2019-07-31 09:20:43 »
that awesome!

Thank you!

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: 2019-08-02 06:49:19 »
Sorry, just to confirm, R05c still works with Steam achievements, but R06 will not?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: 2019-08-03 11:01:11 »
Yup

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: 2019-08-04 12:25:49 »
Grand, thanks for clarifying, installed R05C and it's really great work, thanks so much for everything you've put in :).

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: 2019-08-13 12:26:12 »
Hey! Any news regarding R06? I'm just curious :)

kage52124

• View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: 2019-08-14 20:11:03 »
Possible bug:

I'm at Cosmo Canyon for the first time, and after going up into the laboratory with Bugenhagen, he does his spiel. Right after he sucks the Lifestream from the Planet, it turns dark and falls into pieces. There's a split second where the camera pans outward to show the original wide view of Cloud, Bugenhagen, and your two other characters, and then the screen goes black. The music continues to play in the background, but I have no video. Uninstalling The Reunion fixed the problem.

Details:
Arch Linux with Wine (FF7 installed to it's own 32 bit prefix)
Aali's OpenGL
The Reunion R05c
No other mods installed

Also, an aside: Right before this, Nanaki says to bring one other person, but technically, you can bring two, since you have to fill your roster, right? This seems to be the case both in the original translation and the one here in The Reunion.

Apologies if this was posted previously, but 191 pages is, well, a lot. Thanks for all you do, and I'm loving going back through FF7.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: 2019-08-14 21:46:34 »
This isn't a bug with Reunion.  Check The Reunion database. I've listed the issues with this map there. It's a coincidence that uninstalling R05 fixed it.   The other issue has also been resolved by the proof check by Charlie Beer. R05 translation bug reports should definitely be shelved - R06 has had thousands of alterations.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-14 21:49:27 by DLPB »

kage52124

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: 2019-08-14 22:46:15 »
Welp, I fail. Sorry! I'll heed the top post and sit here patiently waiting for r06.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: 2019-08-14 23:06:10 »
Hopefully not so many issues with R06....

kage52124

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: 2019-08-16 02:47:40 »
It's a large undertaking, there's bound to be a few bugs, but the translation's already so much easier to understand. You've taking bug reports, responsive to community feedback, and taken adjustments as needed while still adhering to your overall vision.

I think it's gonna be fine.

Thaddeus

• No, the OTHER Thaddeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: 2019-08-21 21:28:24 »
Been playing through the game with Reunion R05c + Remako HD and wanted to note a few things and give some feedback. Firstly, and I admit, this could very well have already been taken care of in whatever build R06 is at now, the model overhaul seems to have missed a character: the Materia shop owner in Midhir before it's destruction. Otherwise, I am pleased to say, not a single character model has been forgotten. Well, except technically the Chocobo Sage, but he's fine as is, imo. How would you even add more detail to that design? Haha

While we're talking about the model overhaul though, I have to say, I'm not a fan of Cait Sith's field model. More lavender than white, and has a lot of details that don't really make sense? Cait Sith's whole thing is that he's a big motorized toy, he has the big oven mitt hands and clown shoe feet for a reason. That plus it having a nose for some reason, despite Cait Sith's Moogle never being depicted with one anywhere ever, has me voting for a different model to be used and/or made. Doesn't help that one or two of his animations have a few buggy frames in them with it. Hope I don't sound demanding it's just...all the other party members' field models are just right to my eye, so Cait sticks out like a sore thumb.

The other complaint I have, though this doesn't bother me quite as much, is with the WEAPON rebalance of the speed coaster. I think you made it too hard. I was able to get around 1500 points at best on it. Considering you've set the top prize at 4050 points? This seems problematic. The cursor isn't fast or accurate enough to hit most of the higher-point targets. The most notable example I'd say being the fireball guys that come out of the lava spouts. There's just not any angle at which I felt I could even hope to accurately gauge where they were long enough to shoot them down. It's not a matter of my own reflexes not being up to snuff, trust me; I managed to get around 23100 points in the bike game with a little practice. True, I've only bothered going through the coaster once or twice in comparison, but that's mostly because the difficulty it's at now makes it seem not worth the effort, or potentially not even something I could do.  If there's any one of the mini-games WEAPON's covered so far that need a re-visit, it's this one. Haven't played sub or snowboarding (the GS version at least) yet, so I can't comment on those at the moment.

However, lest this post be nothing but nagging the devs, I would like to say that Beacause has been fantastic! Some really great translation work with some real stand-out lines. My favorite so far probably being Dyne's "All we've ever gotten in life is bullets and bullshit" Kinda makes me think of the original MGS1 translation (And I mean that as a compliment, believe me).

Will post more later once I've gotten a little farther and can give feedback on things like the other mini-games.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-21 21:29:57 by Thaddeus »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: 2019-08-21 23:49:18 »
The coaster game is actually easier now than it was - it was almost impossible to get the top score before (and the boat rotor was a bug that would allow ~300 points 50% of the time).  I tried hundreds of games and was always short by ~100 or less.  I've managed to get maximum points on my game - so I know it's easier and it's possible.  It's not meant to be "easy" to get the top scores.  I've made ALL top scores possible but difficult and set to my level of skill.

The prize is also very high, so the skill needed is equally so.

The fire guys are unaltered, except I removed two of them.  I  rarely fail to hit them all - even in the original game.

The model issues are best directed at Kaldarasha.  I'm pretty sure he's been working on all models since R05, but I never really had a problem with Cait myself.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-21 23:51:07 by DLPB »

Thaddeus

• No, the OTHER Thaddeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: 2019-08-22 01:39:48 »
It's mostly just because it doesn't match up to his battle model either. That DOES keep all the qualities I mentioned. Startled to hear the coaster used to be even harder though. That classic difficulty at work.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: 2019-08-22 23:06:47 »
Log example

Code: [Select]
Mod ID: x12345
Activated: New translation
Activated: Menu Enhancement
Activated: Weapon - Mode 3
Activated: Model Overhaul
Activated: Soldier Quest
Activated: Audio Replacement
Loaded: 60fps Battles
Loaded: 60fps Battles - Interpolation
Activated: New frame limiter
Activated: Centred field screens
Activated: Playable character will run by default
Activated: New gauge colours
Activated: Closed Mouth Models [original character models will not have open mouths]
Activated: High precision timer (QPC)
Activated: Game time is realtime
Activated: Transparent dialogue boxes
Activated: Show more status - mode 1
Disabled: Screen flashes for critical hits
Disabled: Screen flashes at boss death
Disabled: Screen flashes during Summon attacks
Disabled: Screen transition effects
Loaded: Submarine text file G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\x12345\text\Submarine.txt
Loaded: Chars text file G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\x12345\text\Chars.txt
Loaded: Exe text file G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\x12345\text\Exe.txt
Activated: Mandatory fixes
Note: Core fixes cannot be disabled when using Weapon mode 3. Core fixes have been implemented.
Activated: Battle menus require a key press (no auto press)
Loaded: Real ddraw.dll
Loaded: Any global DLLs - See hext.log
Loaded: Any custom DLLs - See hext.log
Loaded: Any global hext files - See hext.log
Loaded: Any custom hext files - See hext.log

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\data\menu\menu_us.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\data\battle\battle.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\data\battle\magic.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\data\field\char.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\flevel.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\chocobo.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\condor.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\world.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\data\cd\moviecam.lgp

Loaded LGP:
G:\Games\PC\FF7\data\cd\cr_us.lgp

I'm working on The Reunion logging.  Looks good.  Shame I'm relying on opengl driver for some of the options, but it's all integrated anyway.  Downside is having 2 main logs.  App.log and Reunion.log

Thaddeus

• No, the OTHER Thaddeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: 2019-08-23 19:07:19 »
Noticed a bug with one of Cloud's animations. Strangely, it either isn't used until a ways into Disc 2, or glitches out after you get Cloud's head straight. Basically, it's meant to have Cloud poised and ready with his sword...but he doesn't actually hold the sword. It stays on his back. Note that there is a similar but different animation that does still work, so be wary of that if you look into it. First time I noticed this was on the way to the elevator to the underground reactor in Junon, and it gets used a few times not long afterwards as well.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: 2019-08-23 19:48:02 »
It's not an animation bug. the script use only one cloud model. When Cloud wield his sword in his hand it's in fact another model. BTW. I changed the script for that junon scene and in the elevator it's quite strange because his sword goes through the soldiers.

Thaddeus

• No, the OTHER Thaddeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: 2019-08-24 02:15:26 »
Ahhh, heh. Well, that'll happen when your sword is that dang huge.

I should note another glitch down here, though, as this one is kind of hard on the eyes. I'm not sure if this is Reunion or the PC port, or something about the cocktail of Remako HD and Reunion I'm using (though I doubt that, given this involves a summon, which Remako doesn't touch), but Neo Bahamut's summon animation is all messed up. It functions, but it's...strange. Basically, it starts with the Earth already present, then when the camera moves, instead of it disappearing or being left behind, it stays in the center of the screen and flickers rapidly until the camera moves all the way to showing Earth again. From there it more or less works as intended, but it's very odd. One clue to what's going on may be that it looks like there's two copies of the cylinder of stars in scene at one point? Definitely weird. I think one or two of the planets in Supernova don't show up? Like the side-shot of Saturn. Again, could be my set-up, but I have my doubts.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: 2019-08-24 13:30:42 »
Doubt it's Reunion.  Please post bug reports when definitely Reunion ;)