Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437500 times)

MirzaGhalib

• View Profile
You must be the guy that posted the comment on the Patreon. I posted a reply, which I'll post in full here in case anyone runs into the same issue. The problem seems to be with the Demaster tool. It seems that sometimes it fails to load new mods. My solution was to just overwrite the files from the Demaster zip back into the FF8 Remastered folder, which for some reason made it load the mods. For the record, my copy is the steam copy and not a pirated copy, so I don't think your pirated version had anything to do with it. My reply to your comment on the patreon page is below:

I don't think the issue was that the copy was a pirated version. I'm using the Steam version as well and had the same problem. I eventually had to start over with a fresh install and just do everything over from the start. Right now I'm going through each mod one at a time to see what the problem is. The way I got the other to work was by using zzzDeArchive and then running the Remaster tool. I'm redownloading this one right now, so we'll see if I've actually solved whatever was preventing it from working.

Update: I've just tried installing this mod with the Demaster tool and it's not working for me still. The only way I can get the mods to work is using zzzDeArchive. Not sure why it's not working. All the files are in the correct places.

Final Update: Ok, I think I've solved it. Apparently after loading once Demaster wouldn't load everything again after adding new files. The solution for me was to overwrite all of the Demaster files from the github release in the ff8 folder, which caused it to load everything again. Pretty weird.

sgtdeagle

• View Profile
its the Steam version.

EDIT:

Final Update: Ok, I think I've solved it. Apparently after loading once Demaster wouldn't load everything again after adding new files. The solution for me was to overwrite all of the Demaster files from the github release in the ff8 folder, which caused it to load everything again. Pretty weird.

Thx for that Advice. That worked for me as well , and Starting the game with the FFVIII_Launcher.exe after Overwrite.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-12 23:00:37 by sgtdeagle »

bliznik

• View Profile
Thanks for putting all of this together! Do any of these conflict with one another, or can I safely install everything from each of the packages listed without a conflict?

Also, will any of these affect collecting Steam achievements?
« Last Edit: 2020-06-22 10:46:04 by bliznik »

bliznik

• View Profile
So I bit the bullet and tried installing all of the 100% mods. It was a bit tricky. I needed to first install all of the zzz DeArchive mods, then I used Maki's DEMASTER tool to unpack everything that I just merged into the zzz DeArchive mod, dumped all of the textures into the texture directory, then ran the DEMASTER Launcher. Then I started the game from scratch. But I have two bugs now.

(1) Sometimes a character's textures will be all jumbled up. Like, a face texture will be on an arm or a chest of a character. Looks really crazy.
(2) I don't see any of the magazines. They're invisible. Timber maniacs, Weapons Monthy, they're all invisible.

What's the best way to debug these issues?

Holgar

• View Profile
So I bit the bullet and tried installing all of the 100% mods. It was a bit tricky. I needed to first install all of the zzz DeArchive mods, then I used Maki's DEMASTER tool to unpack everything that I just merged into the zzz DeArchive mod, dumped all of the textures into the texture directory, then ran the DEMASTER Launcher. Then I started the game from scratch. But I have two bugs now.

(1) Sometimes a character's textures will be all jumbled up. Like, a face texture will be on an arm or a chest of a character. Looks really crazy.
(2) I don't see any of the magazines. They're invisible. Timber maniacs, Weapons Monthy, they're all invisible.

What's the best way to debug these issues?

I managed to solve the characters textures (Selphie in my case) by following these steps from Mcindus
1. Rename DEMASTER_EXP folder
2. Run ffviii_demaster_manager
3. Unpack the zzz files
4. Copy DEMASTER_EXP/textures/field.fs/field_hd to original (renamed) Demaster folder
5. Rename NEW DEMASTER_EXP to DEMASTER_BACKUP
6. Rename your original Demaster folder back to DEMASTER_EXP

https://twitter.com/mcindus_mods/status/1264734279323410432

bliznik

• View Profile
I managed to solve the characters textures (Selphie in my case) by following these steps from Mcindus
1. Rename DEMASTER_EXP folder
2. Run ffviii_demaster_manager
3. Unpack the zzz files
4. Copy DEMASTER_EXP/textures/field.fs/field_hd to original (renamed) Demaster folder
5. Rename NEW DEMASTER_EXP to DEMASTER_BACKUP
6. Rename your original Demaster folder back to DEMASTER_EXP

ZOMG, thank you!!! That worked beautifully, and also brought back the magazine sprites. I appreciate the help!

ednarg800

• View Profile
in the future there will be a nintendo switch version?  :)

tbcam88

• View Profile
Project Angelwing Gigapixel AI by Fated Courage porting to Remaster --PROJECT UPDATED/UPGRADED to ESRGAN 'Ultima' Edition!!!
Formatted, Renamed, Fixes made -- Alpha Testing Phase -- ADDING NEW ALPHA CUTOUTS TO MOD!!!
ALPHA VERSION of GP RELEASED TO PATRONS -- 'Ultima' TO BE COMPLETED SOON!

Is there perhaps any rough ETA on the remastered compatible release? I've installed v2.0 on the Steam release but will hold off for the new remastered version if not too long away!  8-)

Ldy_Death

• View Profile
Thanks to Mcindus and other modders we already have new battle backgrounds, new UI, characters, enemies, FMVs, weapons, worldmap textures...

The most important thing left is a version of Project AngelWing v3.0 (for all languages) compatible with Demaster. The pixelated backgrounds is the only "non remastered" content left.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-09 14:13:13 by Ldy_Death »

tbcam88

• View Profile
Do you have any idea if it will be possible to replace the remaster's (playable) character models with that of the original? I'd rather play the remaster due to it's quality of life features but don't like the Kingdom Hearts type aesthetic Square went for while overhauling the main cast. It'd be ideal if these can be modded out in favour of the original design.  8)

zgx5555

• View Profile
Thank you thank you for your efforts in producer

uxu888

• View Profile
very nice, thank you for the hard work and will test it in peace :)

anthonyziack

• View Profile
Thanks to Mcindus and other modders we already have new battle backgrounds, new UI, characters, enemies, FMVs, weapons, worldmap textures...

The most important thing left is a version of Project AngelWing v3.0 (for all languages) compatible with Demaster. The pixelated backgrounds is the only "non remastered" content left.

Any even rough ETA on when the Backgrounds will be completed? Currently my wife and I are playing through the old school FF games, we're on 9 as that is basically completed modding wise. We're wanting to play 8 before moving onto 10. Would even be willing to pay for the backgrounds as soon as they are ready lol.

Zer0reZ

• View Profile
the horizonpack link doesn't seem to work for me, whenever i click on it just  says aboutblank#blocked or something like that

Michelangelo

• Ars aemula naturae
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum.

@Mcindus thank you for this extraordinary job you are doing, the passion you are putting into it is incredible. I am very impressed with the high quality backgrounds you created and I wanted to ask if you could share only the backgrounds images (like wallpapers) once you are done. They are as beautiful as paintings, I would hang them in my room. Is this possible? Sorry for the bad English, I hope you understand what I mean.

Keep it up with your fantastic work! :)

Have a good day,
Michelangelo

Arpadiam

• View Profile
Awesome job, thank you so much for all the effort guys, this is crazy

BTW a nice tutorial would be nice on how to install all this
cheers

Xenogears

• View Profile
Please, help! I said, installed, launched, Demaster unpacked, a DEMASTER_EXP folder appeared in the game directory, I changed textures in it, and so on. When starting the game, the demaster does not cling to textures, etc. from this folder. Everything has remained as it was. Launched through the new FFVIII_LAUNCHER.exe that Demaster created

ZCFoxMan

• View Profile
This mod just REFUSES to even work for me. It keeps telling me two files "msvcr120.dll" and "msvcp120.dll" could not be found everytime I try to start up the game, even though I HAVE both of those files.

ednarg800

• View Profile
is the Project Angelwing still open? :(

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
^ same, is Project Angelwing still underway?  :)

celtichonor

• View Profile
Thanks for all I can't wait for it. The ultimate FF8 experience and it's only bcs of you all <3

Gensoul

• View Profile
Hello again!  Just checking in after a long while away.

@Mcindus, I watched some of your photoshop stream and was impressed and a little hypnotized. You were working on an elevator sign, some hallway stuff and a Class Room sign - also watched a bit inside the classroom and a few easter eggs on a whiteboard. The backgrounds are looking fantastic! Not only are you patching in different AI types into one image, but you guys are putting insane hours of custom-reworked art into this project. I'm incredibly impressed. This is SOOO much more than just an AI upscale!

Is there some type of progress indicator on where we are at on the Ultima backgrounds release for the remaster? From a comment you made on a stream, it sounds like we are getting really close!

I can't wait to start a new playthrough with all of this amazing work!

BmC2L

• View Profile
Hey!

I didn't really know where i can post this so i do it here. Since i bought the Remaster i was really disturbed by the Shiva's avatar and her TERRIBLE nose! So I finally decided to make her a better nose. hope you'll like it.

If you wanna try ingame :

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
these are brilliant  very well done

Jeehan

• View Profile
Hello ! we will have next update on AngelWing ?