Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437094 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
You should randomly add a tiny version of him to a few of the backgrounds, hidden in some out of the way place, like an Easter Egg hunt. 8-D

Haha that would be hilarious. Like the toy soldier mission from ff7 kinda

Oh... here's 'THE' fix for projectangelwing gp ai using the Remaster - live and working:

Gensoul

• View Profile
Very nice work! He fits right in with the updated models. Now THAT looks like the remaster I've been waiting to play.

Old version for comparison:

Devina

• View Profile
The quality difference in the backgrounds is amazing, do you have a rough idea when you can release the background mod? I was also thinking, asides from baked-characters, we can also fix things like low-res text, flags, maps, etc. For example, I tried replacing the map here (I half-assed it a bit, but just wanted to show what it could look like)

Gensoul

• View Profile
That looks great, Devina. It's amazing what AI can do, creating crisp details out of vague blurs, but some hand-drawn touch-ups for signs and words would sure be appreciated! It really does help add immersion.

I'm planning on a playthrough when the first version is released. I'll try to remember to note down any uglier bits I come across.

Lunareste

• View Profile
Is it possible to make completely new scenes using Maki's mod?

Caster

• View Profile
Are we going to be able to pick and choose what mods to install with this?

Pittstone

• View Profile
Hello, i have installed Lunatic Pandora in the install folder. When i start FF8_Ultra_Launcher it says "FF8_Launcher.EXE does not exist."  After changed the name of my "FFVIII_Launcher.exe" to "FF8_Launcher.EXE", game starts but without the new textures.

Pittstone

• View Profile
I have Edited the Settings.ini in "HL_files" folder and startet now. But with this Errors:

Errors(11):
Line 2 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 3 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 4 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 5 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 6 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 7 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 8 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 9 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 10 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 11 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 12 (FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
==================================================

Damage.dll was loaded successfully.
Hard.dll was loaded successfully.
HP.dll was loaded successfully.
Magic.dll was loaded successfully.
Publish.dll was loaded successfully.

Textures are not loading.

Pittstone

• View Profile
After change to "1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt"   the Errors again:

Delayed for 5000ms...

=============================================
1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt

Changed: 0
Replaced: 0
Permissions: 0

Errors(12):
Line 2 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 3 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 4 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 5 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 6 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 7 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 8 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 9 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 10 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 11 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 12 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
Line 13 (1_FF8_UVInject_EN.txt): Could not write to memory.
==================================================

Damage.dll was loaded successfully.
Hard.dll was loaded successfully.
HP.dll was loaded successfully.
Magic.dll was loaded successfully.
Publish.dll was loaded successfully.

I have select compatiblity to Admin for "FFVIII.exe" "FFVIII_LAUNCHER.exe" and "FFVIII_Ultra_Launcher.exe" too.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hello, i have installed Lunatic Pandora in the install folder. When i start FF8_Ultra_Launcher it says "FF8_Launcher.EXE does not exist."  After changed the name of my "FFVIII_Launcher.exe" to "FF8_Launcher.EXE", game starts but without the new textures.

If you're trying to run it on the Remastered version of the game, it will not load.  Interesting to see that HextLaunch is trying to load other things, though. Hm.  The Hext will not work due to how the Remastered version of the game is written (variable mem addresses).  The LP Installer you have is meant for the 2013 version of the game only.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Is it possible to make completely new scenes using Maki's mod?

Yes and no.  Will still have to match the walkmesh and the transparency/swizzle information for the background, but you can modify the art however you like.

Are we going to be able to pick and choose what mods to install with this?

That's the plan. But... we'll see how that plan goes ;)

IFireflyl

• View Profile
Hey Mcindus. Do you have any progress update available for us? Also, do you plan on having a way to NOT enable the gunblade cursor with the SeeD Reborn mod?

As always, thanks for all that you do!  :D

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Haha that would be hilarious. Like the toy soldier mission from ff7 kinda

Oh... here's 'THE' fix for projectangelwing gp ai using the Remaster - live and working:

Thank you McIndus and Devina

SlippinJimmy

• View Profile
Given how much progress has been made with these mods, is Remastered worth getting over the original on Steam or should I just mod that version?

Xathyr

• View Profile
I just purchased the Lunatic Pandora Mod Pack to sadly find out that it does not work with the Remastered version of the game, so, i was wondering, is there any future plans to make it work with the Remaster? Even if it's on a new version of LPMP i'm more than willing to pay again for it, i really appreciate the effort to make things faster and easier :)

Gensoul

• View Profile
Xathyr, that is exactly what this thread is about. Everything on the first page of this thread is progress on his FF8 Remaster mods. (That's what the "R" in the title means.) As of the last update he is still testing on Disk 2 for fields and battle backgrounds.

I'm sure he will release a complete-remaster-all-in-one-easy-install pack when he is done.

Xathyr

• View Profile
Xathyr, that is exactly what this thread is about. Everything on the first page of this thread is progress on his FF8 Remaster mods. (That's what the "R" in the title means.) As of the last update he is still testing on Disk 2 for fields and battle backgrounds.

I'm sure he will release a complete-remaster-all-in-one-easy-install pack when he is done.
I'm so dumb, i just read on the first page "released" on a few mods and i thought it was already done and available alongside the Lunatic Pandora, that's why when it didn't work i just assumed it was meant for the 2013 steam version.

Sorry about that, i should expend a little more time reading topics  :-[.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Posted an update on the main thread!
Battlefield Pack Alpha will be available to my Patrons tomorrow!
Once it is tested, I will have a public release.

Also working on a Lunatic Pandora installer ::smile::

Devina

• View Profile
I'm so happy to see that the end is finally in sight. Finally, we're going to have *the* definitive version of FF8.

I think you should tell your Patreons to keep an eye out for any baked backgrounds models, and provide info/saves. This will make it easier me to Photoshop HD models later, and we can get a list started. Now that Cid is done, these are the ones I know are remaining:

- The students at the computers in the beginning
- The students during the school attack: https://i.imgur.com/oj4VZQs.png

There's also various NPCs in this town:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/782997132413769466/C946148E42D1DAA094AAB92B9C1A5338FED77E0F/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/782985908088116867/0AD9734227E62FD70643AE27AB6F7BCF84DA534F/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/782985908088116764/A290441AB15D47F3DB8B234A08F32807711D158E/

Also, like I said before, I'd like to have a go at any strange individual elements, like the Balamb directory board.

Unfortunately, I don't actually own FF8 Remastered yet because I didn't want to give Square any money for screwing up the backgrounds, but as soon as I hear news that the mod is pretty stable, I'll bite.

The installer idea sounds exciting, a convenient all-in-one package. I'd also like to see an option (if not, easy instructions) for easy textbox backgrounds colors, as I'd prefer a more traditional blue instead of the greys.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-12 11:59:49 by Devina »

Gensoul

• View Profile
Wow, that's a lot of background NPCs in that city! It's not worth remaking every one of those models and pasting them in. Getting an artist to touch up those screens by hand is probably the best bet. I wonder what they look like with the AI upscale.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Not great. No upscale, whether Waifu or AI, will make those "NPCs" look better.

So planting HD models in with Photoshop might be the best bet. You might be able to touch them up but some don't even look like a human anyway. :P

As for locations with NPCs like that, I think what Devina posted is just about all of them. BG and Deling are the only places I'm aware of that have them.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Going to do my best to do exactly what FC said -- Going to open the npc in Noesis, then pose them, then insert them into the fields.

Also - RELEASED NEW BATTLEFIELD PACK TO PATRONS! Public release available after bug fixes and testing!

Artenia

• View Profile
I follow this thread for months now and I just want to say thanks Mcindus, you're really a king  ;)
We'll be patient till a perfect FF8 version will be available  :-D

AuthenticM

• View Profile
Posted an update on the main thread!
Battlefield Pack Alpha will be available to my Patrons tomorrow!
Once it is tested, I will have a public release.

Also working on a Lunatic Pandora installer ::smile::
Hey Mcindus,
I just want to thank you and everyone involved for their hard work. I've bookmarked this thread and I check on it every once in a while. When it's all completed, and when FF8 New Threat 1.0 is released, I'll play the game again. It's been years. I'm a patient man and I have a big backlog, so I can wait some more for this. :)

Cheers

P.S. What is the "main thread" you refer to? I might bookmark it. Thanks.

youffie

• View Profile
Will you guys be able to change this horrible Squall Anime Face ???