Author Topic: SOLVED: Field Model Issues  (Read 6292 times)

AlistarX

SOLVED: Field Model Issues
« on: 2011-05-01 05:54:46 »
Hello all first post here!

I've been doing a lot of reading on these forums for the past week and everything I've learn was from using the search function, well this time around I'm stuck I'm trying to use a different Buster Sword with Bloodshot's field model.  I believe it's Trish aka Mike's CC Save mod I'm trying to use for the replacement, For some in Kimera when I place the sword as a bone and try to use the .tex file it comes with it will not texture. 

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/maxium456/?action=view&current=CloudsBuster.png

Now with the texture and everything the weapon should look like this

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/maxium456/BusterSword.png

I have no experience with 3D modeling I've spent hours reading and trying to learn but I'm stumped now. Thanks.

« Last Edit: 2011-06-20 00:24:24 by Bosola »

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Re: Field Model Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-01 19:24:14 »
When you converted the sword in PCreator, did you make sure to assign the proper texture ID?

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-01 21:23:08 »
Roxas,i think go-kyo no converted the weapon by use PCreator,i think go-kyo converted by use just kimera and converted the weapon battle model to field model and added in the hrc.

In that case go-kyo try add the same weapon texture more 2 or 3 times,you can put 10 textures for model.

AlistarX

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-01 22:24:02 »
Ok inside Kimera when I add bone and select the weapon I want to use for it.. it comes up textured but when I single it out and double click it on the weapon there's no texture I can't figure out how to add the texture from this point. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/maxium456/WhiteTexture.jpg also I renamed the .hrc file and the .p file but when I add the bone it reads AAAE1.p
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 01:35:11 by Go-Kyo »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-02 04:11:13 »
The P Editor portion of Kimera is just that, it edits the .p file.  No texture will ever show up.  As for the 1 at the end of the filename, that's how Kimera saves models that have more than 1 p file assigned to a bone.  Your problem is assigning textures.  You need to assign the texture a number that corresponds to the texture you want to use.  Then it will be fixed.

AlistarX

« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-02 04:30:24 »
Assigning the texture a number? I'm sorry I have a .tex file to use with the model how can I assign it a number I'm totally new to this so forgive me.

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-02 05:12:53 »
(all programs i mean here you can search by google or here in qhimm forums)

download biturn program make by mirex or img2tex,search the .tex file of the weapon and convert to bmp.

with biturn convert the weapon model (ck-cz are weapon of battle models) to .3ds file.

download PCreator and open the .3ds file of the weapon,click in view and UV coords,tick flip Y option,now click in open bitmap and put the bmp file you converted of .tex file.

click in option and tick texture files and battle model OR field model.

Finally click in Texture ID,something should appear with number 0,change to the number you want in kimera (models can have 10 textures,so see how amount of textures,cloud model have,if have textures 0 and 1 so the weapon model need have texture number 2 because 0 and 1 already is in use)

click in save as,put the name you want if is field .p file,add the weapon in kimera make the changes like resize repositions,put the texture and done.

AlistarX

« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-02 08:08:44 »
Very much appreciated philman and Bear.. But for the life of me I can't get the texture to stick.. I've follow the steps you provided pulled the .p file from the CC save mod folder that contains the sword poly also pulled the .tex file and rsd and hrc files that associate with it.

Open biturn to convert the .p file to .3ds open imgtotex to convert the .tex to gif and than saved as 8 bit bmp.  Launched Pcreate open the newly made .3ds file select the dropped down tab to highlight the model "0-.p file" everything turns red move over to the open tab and select bitmap and select the bmp texture.

Also flip to the y axis and checked the textured box made sure that texture(s) is checked and also field model set the ID to 3 and  saved as.  Now I have my newly .p file and my newly .tex file open my char folder that's lgp extracted place the .p file and the .tex file inside run Kimera select .p file and it appears to still have no texture.. Hit the add texture tab find my .tex file add and nothing happens I edited the .rsd .hrc where I originally got the model from and still nothing.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong I've been at this stuff this entire weekend for hours just to customize the buster sword on the field model.. I'm also learning and getting familiar with the programs so I guess it's not a waste but I want progress!  =.  (
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 15:39:55 by Go-Kyo »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-02 15:50:35 »
I think the add texture feature in Kimera is broken. You have to edit the .rsd file to recognize a second texture.  Setting the texture ID in PCreator for a field model, does nothing.

AlistarX

« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-02 16:11:21 »
So even if I don't see the weapon textured in Kimera it could be in game? Maybe I'm not editing the .rsd file correctly but all I'm doing is copying the contents of the original and renaming the textures list Does it matter if I rename the rsd files to anything random? It's easier for me to locate easier with the rest if the 12k files involved.

I'll mess around with it more when I get home from work.

Also there's no need for the .hrc file ?

Update: After intensively reading over Frivol's texture post I finally got it working, Whenever you add a new .p bone to an object Kimera deletes the Alpha-Numeric that's headed on the .rsd files surrounding the freshly added part which is problematic.  (Also the Kimera made .rsd file it's now AAAD1.rsd.rsd is that something to worry about?)

Another newbie mistake on my end is the original model I wanted to use I also grabbed the original .rsd file that came with it instead of editing the newly created one from Kimera heh so that was my fault I want to thank you guy's for posting and helping me out on these things very much appreciate it I'm still very new but learning ^^
« Last Edit: 2011-05-04 01:46:44 by Go-Kyo »