Author Topic: SOLVED: bootleg - known music issue?  (Read 4094 times)

zentost

• View Profile
SOLVED: bootleg - known music issue?
« on: 2012-09-18 14:04:26 »
was wondering if this is a know/common issue?

seems like everytime i run bootleg it does a change to my opengl.cfg which stops music from working.

spent many hours trying to find out what happend, and i compared my old opengl.cfg with the new one, finally fixed it though...at

Quote from:  opengl.cfg
# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to

work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music

will NOT work.
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

the "#" that i bolded before music_plugin isn't there after i run bootleg, but after i put it there myself, my music works fine.

so if anyone has problems getting sound to work, try this :)

btw im on 64bit windows 7

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED: bootleg - known music issue?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-18 16:21:38 »
With the # in place, FF7 will use stock midi music. That mutes it for FF7Music's sake, but it sounds like FF7Music isn't working right.

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-18 16:31:09 »
With the # in place, FF7 will use stock midi music. That mutes it for FF7Music's sake, but it sounds like FF7Music isn't working right.

i see, yeah im wondering what problem im having because everything seems to be working okay, but on some cutscenes the music cuts out totally...like when weapon awakens after giving sephiroth the black materia.

is this because i am using the ff7 remix fmvs? ( i hear a few of them missing audio)

edit: okay i see whats up, all i had to do to fix is delete ff7music and ficedula from ff7 folder, than reinstall with ff7music15113 and it set the options perfectly for me....just gota remember to launch game with ff7music.exe....
and btw, OST remastered is SO FTW!!! i thought i was listening to ost remastered but i had default MIDI playing lol....but got it working now and i love how it plays the tune, then adds a little background piano and <3
« Last Edit: 2012-09-18 16:52:01 by zentost »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-18 16:58:46 »
Hi Covarr and zentost

Please read this

And uninstall ff7music don't remove "currentversion.txt"
« Last Edit: 2012-09-18 17:02:51 by Kompass63 »

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-18 17:25:52 »
Hi Covarr and zentost

Please read this

And uninstall ff7music don't remove "currentversion.txt"

yep, just read that a bit ago, thanks!
all my sound problems are gone now :)