Author Topic: [FF8PC] Looking for Card ability MOD/Hack  (Read 3949 times)

Squarekiddo

• View Profile
[FF8PC] Looking for Card ability MOD/Hack
« on: 2016-12-04 21:04:17 »
Hey, I wanted to try playing a level 1 game on Final fantasy 8, normally I would never care for anything like this, I usually just make a setup with the best combat junctions etcetc. But since Final fantasy 8 truly is a game where being level 1 is good for you, I would like to try it, so Im assuming leveling up the 3 first GF with Sifer in the beginning to level 100 is the best to go, and then simply CARD the random encounters, but I know me, im going to get very frustrated, and screw up several times cause I fail to card the monsters, and I dont want to run away. So I wan wondering if theres someway to change the success rate for the CARD ability so its always at a 100% or very close to it at least, I dont mind if its a change in a .ini file or a whole mod, but I know I would enjoy the game a whole lot more if I dont get frustrated while playing it, no point playing if im not having fun.

TL:DR > Looking for a way to increase the CARD ability success rate to 100% all the time.

Squarekiddo

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC] Looking for Card ability MOD/Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2016-12-11 15:39:33 »
Ive been trying to learn abit about Cheat Engine, cause after som research I found that its a program that deals with changing values.
However it seems to be a big program, not the fastest thing to learn, ive learned the basics, im currently reading up on the Memory viewing section.

Is there perhaps anyone out there that knows vaguely which section I should study up on? or if its even possible with Cheat engine?

Squarekiddo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-13 09:05:41 »
I went to the HELP section to find Bump rules, but I couldnt find it being mentioned anywhere, so Im sorry if Im not allowed to bump this topic, and I understand if it gets taken down. Its just that this is still something I would really want.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-10-13 14:49:22 »
Get a basic understanding of Assembly:

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs216/guides/x86.html

Squarekiddo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-10-13 16:12:53 »
Get a basic understanding of Assembly:

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs216/guides/x86.html

Thanks for the reply, its all pretty much moonspeak but Im sure this will help.